Monday, February 21, 2022

T Stands for Terrific Weekend!

  4 Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant 5 or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; 6 it does not rejoice at wrongdoing but rejoices with the truth. 7 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

8 Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 ESV


I did have a terrific weekend! I took part in the four-day Card Maker Success Summit!  A friend had sent me the info, and link to sign up for it.  Then, every morning I received an email for watching videos at certain times, and live stream presentations from people like Ellen Hutson.  I learned new alcohol ink techniques, and was reminded of techniques I had forgotten, like stacking die cut sentiments for depth.  I got freebies, like color charts, or handouts from the hostesses' with the measurements to make cards such as shaker cards or pop-up cards and slider cards. I saw new to me demonstrators such as Daniel West.  He demonstrated Copic techniques. I did all of this from home, sometimes in my pjs!  LOL This was my first summit.  I am already planning on the next one July 28thru the 31st!  Did I say it was free?  And did I say they drew for over 100 giveaways?


Here are a couple of the cards I made while watching a demonstrator.


For this card I used a technique I learned from watching Tiffany Solorio.  I applied drops of alcohol ink and 91 % isopropyl alcohol to a yupo panel.  After it dried, I ran it through with the SU! embossing panel, then sanded the color off the raised parts.  I just added a flower die cut to finish the card.  This is being submitted for the Flowers VSN Challenge on Splitcoaststampers, which was this weekend, also.


This is a card I made by blending Distress inks with a brush, and then spritzed with drops of water and after dry, spritzed with Shimmer.  



I didn't want to cover the background up too much, but went with this House Mouse panel I had colored.  this card is being submitted for our VSN Rainbow Challenge on Splitcoaststampers, also.  This is also being submitted for the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge, anything goes.   Check these challenges out.


So, it was a busy weekend!  But fun!

My ticket for today's TSFT (over at Altered Book Lover with Bleubeard & Elizabeth), will be a photo from Valentine's night.   We had a delightful time at a Sweetheart Dinner.


I don't know why, but with this formal dinner, they served my hot herbal tea in a Styrofoam cup. LOL We had a great dinner, grilled filet topped with stuffed mushrooms, twice baked potatoes, and mixed vegetable medley.  I had already eaten the mushroom and vegetables, before I remembered to take the photo.  For dessert we had Crème Brulee.  It was a great evening with great companions. And, can you see the roses on the table?

Today we had 70s for our temperature, so I was able to walk on the trail.  




Crazy weather, snow on the ground and 70s.  Tomorrow we start a week of cold, tomorrow 31, and Wednesday highs in the 20s!

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you have a wonderful crafty week!




18 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a lot of fun at the card summit. Loving the cards that you made, especially the background on the first one.
    Your sweetheart dinner looks delicious!
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like you had lots of fun at your card making success summit. And your resulting cards are beautiful Sharon. I like a class that's motivating. It is really interesting your tea was served in a Styrofoam cup. It looks like they were using a more formal dish and silverware as well as your water glas, so why not use a real tea cup. Oh well, the food looks absolutely delicious. I hope you have a wonderful T day and week ahead. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the cute little mouse on your card. Did you draw it or is it from another source?

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can tell how much you enjoyed the summit just by your enthusiastic post:) Beautiful card with the white flowers, and those House Mouse images are just the cutest! Glad you enjoyed your special sweetheart dinner. I actually got a walk in today -we have had similar crazy up and down weather, but spring is getting closer:) Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards, but hehe, the cup they served you with sure left me puzzled!, LOL.
    Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That card summit sounds fabulous, Sharon! I went on a crafting retreat and didn't take one picture! I was on a mission to teach them the joys of art journaling - I did get one convert - lol! Your cards are super cool! I so want to try the sanding technique.

    70s with snow on the ground - that is super interesting. Stay warm in the weather change! Happy T-day and hugz!!!

    Glad you had a fab week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What pretty cards! Your Valentine meal looks delicious, but I agree the styrofoam was an odd choice. The weather has been wild hasn't it! Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had a wonderful time at the card summit, your makes are so amazing! I love the white flower design and the little mice are so adorable - perfect 😁. The meal looks delicious too - Happy T Day wishes! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. The summit sounds like a lot of fun! Great thing to do from home in the winter when it is cold outside. We had crazy temps as well - in the upper 60s and low 70s last week and now we're back to much chillier temps and frost in the night.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card summit sounds wonderful. The cards you made are spectacular and the mouse card is so adorable. The Sweetheart Dinner looks good. A little disappointing about the Styrofoam cup, but at least you didn't have to cook. Always a plus in my book. Crazy weather here, too. We made it close to 60 a couple of days and now a significant storm predicted for Friday. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you really enjoyed the card making summit. And the cards you made are beautiful.
    Crazy weather here too, but here it's warm sunny and dry. We are having the worst drought since they started recording. We need rain, but we get lovely sunshine every day. That is nice of course for us but not for the land.
    Your Valentine's meal looks very yummy. That Styrofoam cup is a bit of anomaly, but hey, you're having a good time so who cares!
    Happy T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca


    ReplyDelete
  12. Sharon this is a great post. I love that you took those classes because the cards are amazing. Lovely food and I agree Styrofoam for the tea? Funny. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your card summit makes- and have to say- you did an amazing job with both of the cards! I just love the colors and the beautiful pattern on your 1st card, and just love your rainbow background HM card!
    Wow- 70 degrees and snow on the ground! Glad you were able to get out and walk before the cold weather hit!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The card summit sounds fun, and great that it was free. Love what you created from it, especially the colours on the first one with the diecut flower. The weather is crazy at the moment, good that you were able to get out for a walk. Happy T Day Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry I'm late visiting, Nursing two cats. I am really impressed with the cards you made at your card making summit. And you know I love the word FREE!!Those cards are beautiful and now you know why I don't make cards. You have supplies I could never afford, for one thing, and results that show jaw dropping beauty.

    Wonderful Sweetheart dinner, but the Styrofoam tea cup was a bit surprising. Thanks for sharing your cards, your meal, and your tea with us for T this Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What pretty cards! I especially love the House Mouse one. Isn't it a fun new stamp? Such a pretty background to go with the image. It sounds like you had a fun weekend too. Thanks for sharing at HMFMC. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this new image and you colored it up beautifully. The pastel hearts go perfectly with your beautiful background. Thanks for sharing your card with us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  18. The card summit sounds fabulous-I love what you made. Your meal looks good but styrafoam for Your tea??? Glad you could get out for a walk. Belated Happy T Day, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.