Wednesday, February 2, 2022

A Second Look at Feb 11, 2014

  A verse to think on: "That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:  The eyes of your understanding being enlightened: that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints."  Ephesians 1:17-18



I wanted to share a second look today and join Elizabeth at Altered Book Lover for her 2nd on the 2nd.  I decided to go back to early February 2014 to share.  Now, after looking at this, I know why I have so many stamp sets!  But I haven't been buying any new ones for a couple of years, and also, I have been trying to hone down my collection! LOL It is interesting, also that I mention in this 2nd look what it is like outside.  Although, I do not have the snowy photo any longer on my header, I know it used to be.  And that is what it looks like outside today, too.  It is blowing snow outside as I type this.  And since it is a picture of my desk, although old, and Wednesday I will join WOYWW. What is on your Workdesk Wednesday.

Here is my 2nd look:

    I received something fun this week!  My Stampin' Up order arrived, and I have been playing with it!  I saved up all year for Su! Sell-A-Bration sale.   So that is what is on my desk.  I have already opened and used two of the stamp sets and also the set of framelets. So new stuff really does inspire you to craft! :)  So, I am an enabler! Go get new stuff!  LOL
    Anyway, this week finds me crafting!  Especially, since outside we got 8 inches of snow today, and it is rather cold out.  So what else is there to do?  Oh, I did help my husband shovel snow for a few minutes. :)  My background photo is pretty much what it looks like here today! Pretty, but everything is shut down.

     For more information about What's on Your Workdesk? Wednesday visit Julia's Stamping ground.




 

The card on the left was made using Su! Hostess set Nature's Hello along with the Big Shot Die Framelets Backyard Basics and Secret Garden.  I made the background panel using the Glitter Highlighting Embossing Technique.  Here is a link to a tutorial for that technique.  I used a rhinestone for the bird's eye, and Stampendous Dot Sparklers on the butterfly.   I made that card for Challenges S2S14D, A2S14C, and AOCC2014 on SCS.
The card on the right was made using Night of Navy and Marina Mist cardstock.  I used Denim embossing Powder and VersaMark ink on the image from Stampin' Up set, Tea Party.  The DP is from SU! Regals Print Pack.   The ribbon is probably SU!, but not sure as it was in my stash. :)  That was made for Challenges S2S14D, S2S14E, and AOCC2014 on SCS.

Thanks for looking and stopping by my Blog to see what I am doing.  Thanks for your comments, too, always appreciated!  I am off to see what is on your desks. Happy WOYWW!


 A verse to think on: "That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:  The eyes of your understanding being enlightened: that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints."  Ephesians 1:17-18

Thanks for taking this 2nd look with me.  Thanks for stopping by.  I enjoyed our visit.
Happy Groundhog day! :)

15 comments:

  1. Sharon! It’s so lovely to see you on the desks this week, it’s been a while. I’m glad you’re ok and it’s good to see you’re still crafting away, love the cards especially the cup of tea one, you’d expect that from a Brit!
    Hugs LLJ 3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Nice to meet you! I have been having a quick look through your posts. Love those calendars you made. I am amazed you got a picture of the fox and rabbit,they must be used to human visitors. It looks like a nice walk. Love the photographs of the dogs. That St Bernard cross is beautiful. Love the red doodle too. My daughter has a red poodle (male) and one of my poodles was born red, but the colour faded. Poodles can sometimes change their colour, her mother was born an apricot, but is more cream now.
    Happy WOYWW Angela #9

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sharon. How absolutely lovely to see you today. I do trust you are well, and surviving the winter. Great cards there today - well done. I have just peaked in my inbox, and realise it was March last year when we emailed one another - doesn't time fly?! Nearly a year ago. So good to see you.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #7

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well stranger, welcome back. it was a lovely surprise to see you here on WOYWW and i still have to go to Altered Book Lover and see what she has been up to.
    Yes, new stamps do give you the motivation to stamp again - I am hooked on Janet Klein's little figures at the moment but I also like others for making cards - and on a Thursday it's time to join Elizabeth with AJJ and me and my Dylusion stamps.
    Hope to see you weekly.
    Hugs, Neet 2 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sharon, great to see you back here. I'm late getting round today as we've had a guy round estimating new windows and it took ages. Anyway I'm here now and loving the cards. Hope to see lots more of you. Happy woyww, Angela x15x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cards! On one of my recent blog sposts. I posted a look back to 2009. (when I started my blog) I thought everyone would think I lost it. (I may have! smile) I was happy to see that you liked my Standing pop up card, and used it for the challenge inspiration. I hope to make another one this weeik. Hope you are having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You received a great big pile of stamps and inks in the mail that day. How fun!!! I bet you had a lot of fun of playing with them. I hope your second of the month was a great day and you didn't get the snow you thought you were getting. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  8. How great that you could celebrate both these events with one post. Talk about multitasking. You really DO have some beautiful stamps and dies. I love the bird, and of course, the tea card is lovely, too. Thanks so very much for sharing this with us as a second look on the 2nd. I am so very grateful, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you are very organized!
    Funny - Groundhog day was on our German news!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good to see you Sharon and thanks for the visit. Looks like you made the most of the sale. The cards you have already made are lovely. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the visit. Hope the weather is being nice to you. We are missing this storm Texas/East Coast, but it is -17 and so cold. No wind and thankful for that. I've been to a few places in Kansas, son was at Ft Riley 2001 and Later Ft Leavenworth, 25 yrs Colonel now in Germany 2nd time. We are in Iowa. Enjoyed your post it's crazy how time flies by. I didn't accomplish much today, too cold downstairs and hubby had TV on so I feel I wasted away some time. Enjoy a good week

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the visit and fancy you chosing 2014 for your 2nd on the 2nd post, those stamps are fabulous! My Crafty Charity shop has a big pile of Stamping up stamps, but a little too dear...at the moment! Sometimes there's a bargain to be had but other times stuff gets put out and priced up dearer than they were when new. Happy Late WoYWW and 2nd on the 2nd!
    ((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sharon, so nice to see you on the Desks and thanks for your visit - I love your cards and I think it's great to have a 2nd look - it can be a good reminder of forgotten stash and techniques -
    Hope you have a lovely week
    Diana xx #16

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay found you - no number is a challenge for me LOL! Just read your blog and am wondering now is this from 2014 or now? Certainly think the eyes of my understanding need to be enlightened! Having a moment! In any case lovely cards, really need to utilise my embossing folders more, so pretty, and thanks for the glitter technique link. Hope you sort your photos out and get back to scrapping again soon. My 140 photos are in the post to me :) #
    Thanks for the visit BJ#13

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you mentioned that you were taking a look in your rear view mirror. I know I have been away and have missed quite a bit, but years? LOL! It is true, we do need to take a second look and slow down sometimes. I am doing my best to steal away a moment or two for some much needed paper therapy...we'll see how it goes. I love your cards and enjoyed seeing some images from the past. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.