Monday, February 7, 2022

T Stands For Scrapping

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.  Colossians 3:16



 Hello!  The snow from last week is slowing melting.  But it is still nice to be inside crafting, so I have been scrapping.  I scrapped a page of my birthday flowers as they were so pretty.

I used Downton Abbey paper, as I just recently discovered it in one of my plastic drawers.  Yes, I had forgotten all about it.  I stamped flowers and heat embossed them and then water colored with TH Oxide inks, and fussy cut them to add to my page.  I die cut some banners for the side, I also thought that it needed some added purple like in the photo, so added some prima flowers with purple rhinestones. The title & journaling is computer generated.  The sentiment in the circle is the card that came with the flowers. 

I used SU Bander dies, TH oxides and Ranger Rainbow Sparkle embossing powder

I am entering this at Art Journal Journey for Just My Style.  Stamping, heat embossing, watercolor, and scrapping are my style.  Once someone said no scrapbook pages; then I think Elizabeth said a scrap page was in a way art journaling.  Let me know if it isn't.


12x12 finished page

close up of flower I heat embossed, then water colored & fussy cut.  The Downton Abbey paper was embossed, too.

Love that sentiment!

close up of all the different papers I used.




Also, I am linking up with Bleubeard & Elizabeth over at Altered Book Lover for our TSFT party.  So, I must post something drink related for my entry to the party.  I wasnt prepared for that today, so I will share an older photo I made in 2014, and which is long ago sent to someone. Hope you like it. 


Thank you so much for stopping by!  Happy T Day to the T Gang.  Everyone, stay warm!

19 comments:

  1. Good evening, I loved both of your craft pieces-the journal page and the card very pretty-Happy T wishes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flowers look lovely. How nice of your friend to send them to you.
    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love that scrapbook page you shared, Sharon. I don't know who told you a scrapbook page wasn't acceptable, but as long as it matches our theme for the month, it qualifies. If you look at my travel pages I make for my 7 Continents books, they have historical and geographical information, just no emotional and personal info.

    You certainly believe that more is never too much, The beautiful papers and embellishments prove that. Thanks for this lovely entry you share with us at AJJ using Bleubeard's and my theme.

    That is a lovely card. I like the sentiment and the little charms you used. Thanks for sharing this with us for T this almost Tuesday, dear friend.


    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it fun to find new items? With all the items us crafters collect I think it is impossible to not lose some of it for a while.
    Loving that background paper on your page. And the perfect card for tea day.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can absolutely use a scrap page as long as it fits the challenge. and this fits Elizabeth's challenge for certain. Thanks for joining us at Art Journal Journey Sharon. That is a really pretty bouquet. I can see why you made a page about it. And cute T day card. I like those charms you used Sharon. Have a great T day and week ahead. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely scrapbook page- the papers are so pretty. Downton Abbey papers? Am I missing something here? Beautiful card with the charms. happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated Birthday!
    LOL, Lucille Ball sure has some wise words ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the scrapbook page and those papers are fabulous. Great card, too. Happy T Day! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Let's make a joyful noise this morning as the sun warms us up :) I like the tea charm you used for that piece. Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful page! The papers, image and words are perfect and I'm loving that TDay card too 😁. Happy T Day wishes! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. The scrapbook is excellent. A very nice card too. Have a great day today.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely scrapbook page. The teacup stamp and charm card are cute, too. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is a beautiful scrapbook page and it fits so well to the AJJ and the subject of style. Thank you for joining us there.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely flowers and scrapbook page, how fun to have Downton Abbey paper and that you found it. Happy T Day Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have a lovely style, Sharon! I absolutely love your beautiful scrapbook page and card! I didn't know that Downton Abbey had papers??? It looks gorgeous here! Thank you for sharing this with all of us! HUGS, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  16. Belated birthday wishes Sharon. What a lovely way to remember the beautiful flowers your sister gave you for your birthday.
    I have never seen Downton Abbey paper, the piece you have used is delightful and makes the perfect backing for your page.
    Love the "tea" card too.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nicely done projects! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Visiting now because I couldn't last week! I love your page and it is absolutely brilliant for Art Journal Journey! Love the teapot card. Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.