Monday, September 19, 2022

T Stands for Retreat

 ​1 “I am the true grapevine, and my Father is the gardener. 2 He cuts off every branch of mine that doesn’t produce fruit, and he prunes the branches that do bear fruit so they will produce even more. 3 You have already been pruned and purified by the message I have given you. 4 Remain in me, and I will remain in you. For a branch cannot produce fruit if it is severed from the vine, and you cannot be fruitful unless you remain in me." John 15:1-4 NLT


Hello! Glad to see you here today!  Smiling... 

 I was at a ladies Bible retreat this weekend at a wonderful camp outside Ark City, Kansas, Camp Horizon.  We had a wonderful speaker, Susan Heck from Tulsa Oklahoma.  She spoke on Abiding in Christ, and Bible memorization, and how that helps us to abide in Christ. It was a wonderful refreshing time in the Lord, as well as a wonderful time of fellowship with other ladies of like faith.  The camp served wonderful homemade food, with choices for those that couldn't have dairy or who were gluten intolerant.  I thought that was wonderful of them to have those options.  Besides that, I had a wonderful room, like a motel room with my own private bathroom. I had pictured rooms with bunk beds at a camp!  That was totally unexpected.  The views were wonderful, and we were able to go hiking on their trails, also.  Lovely time, and I have photos below.


The first thing I did after arriving was search out one of their trails. I first walked to the prayer garden.


Next, I walked the path to the outside chapel.




My photo doesn't do the view justice, sorry.  I was so impressed because usually we think of Kansas as flat and no hills.  But we were definitely on a hill looking over a valley.  I was here at the hottest part of the day, but I bet it is gorgeous at sunrise or sunset.  Can you imagine an outside wedding here?





My room was named Robin. (On the right)


View right below my room.




The view from the patio outside my room.



My drink for TSFT over at Altered Book Lover with Bleubeard and Elizabeth.



And I can't remember if I showed you the junk journal, I did for our September Challenge for Dearjuliejulie.    #SSSSJJC22      The cover is from a padded envelope I received in the mail.  They had reused the envelope and did the art over the address to them.  I covered the other side that had my address and used it for the cover.  I added my own cluster and touch to their art.  I think it made a great cover for a junk journal.  What do you think?  Elizabeth, did you notice I even got my sewing machine out and stitched the envelope to scrapbook paper for the inside cover?  In fact the lace is stitched between the envelope and the scrapbook paper.  First time I have sewn in years!


 


I will show some of the pages next time.  Thank you for stopping by.  Be sure and check out the other T Stands for Tuesday participants over at Altered Book Lover.

14 comments:

  1. Glad you had a nice time. I sure looks pretty there. Your journal is lovely. Well done on the padded envelope. Have a very nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful junk journal. The area of the camp looks lovely, very lush. I agree, watching a sunrise or sunset must be beautiful from there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always think of Kansas as flat also, so those hills do look pretty. And I love your junk journal too. That is such a pretty cover. I hope you share some of your inner pages with us also. I look forward to next week and getting to get a peak inside. Have a great T day and week ahead Sharon. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a good time and big wow on that journal cover!
    Have a happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am quite sure this is where I went to Bible Camp when I was in junior high and high school. The name sounds the same and the views are similar. It is also where I was involved in one of the five tornadoes I have seen up close in my life.

    I looked it up and YES, it's the same camp. I know because it is Methodist and this is how I was raised. And it's been around since 1947, so I am doubly sure I was there several years in a row. And NO, I wasn't around in 1947 (grin)!

    Your junk journal cover is beautiful. Recycling always makes me smile.

    It was weird seeing my blog on your laptop. Now I guess I have to guess what is in the take out cup.

    Thanks for sharing your trip to Camp Horizon and your junk journal cover, as well as your drink with us for T this Tuesday, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely setting. The labyrinth is a great feature. Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never would have guessed there are hills in Kansas. Lovely scenery. Very cool way to make a cover for your journal. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that looks like a really lovely retreat. I'm so glad you enjoyed it. The views are beautiful as is the unusual chapel.
    Happy T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you enjoyed the retreat, looks like you had a wonderful time 😊. Your journal cover is so beautiful! Happy T Day wishes! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful photos from your retreat. I love the views!
    pretty junk journal cover.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a lovely setting for a retreat, Sharon. The views are pretty and so glad you had your own bathroom - I get a bit worried about some of those camps myself. I am too old to run down the hall to the bathroom. Love the view from the outside chapel. Glad you had a wonderful time.

    Very cool junk journal cover too - great way to repurpose a large mailer.

    Happy T-day a bit late. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you had a nice time at the retreat, love your junk journal cover! Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful place and so many places for being still and meditating. I would stay away from Cardiac Hill! I love your junk journal cover. It looks amazing. Thank you for sharing your life and your creativity.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.