Thursday, September 22, 2022

Art Just for Fun!

"Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost." Romans 15:13


 I am just playing along with the Scrap Summit this week; lots of inspiration!  So, decided to play along with the Messy Mixed & Joyful challenge on SplitcoastStampers & Art*Journal*Journey for this month's challenges.  Neet our hostess on Art*Journal*Journey this month challenged us with a Fur and/or Feathers theme.  Our Challenge hostess on the MMJ (Messy, Mixed, and Joyful) challenge for September was Amy and she challenged us to us:  Use 2 or more of the following:  I used all, I think.

Something that shimmers        I used Fun Stampers Journal Silks & Glitter acrylic paints.

Clouds or something weather related I used My Favorite Thigs cloud dies.

A Face    Three faces in photo.

The #9 (or nine of 
something) I used 9 Nuvo Crystal dots.  (Duck Egg Blue)

Grit or texture paste I used Gesso

Technique: Layering Die Cuts      Secret Garden SU! 

I put gesso on my 7"x10" Canson Mixed Media page very thinly to start.  Then I used Speckled Egg Oxide ink through a stencil. (Recollections) Then I applied the glitter acrylic paint. I found this photo of a scrap page of the event, that our granddaughter and I made together.    I tore pages from a bird book. I added Washi tape, stamping, & a rhinestone.  I wanted to remember this: our daughter took this photo of my grandchildren & I, watching a mother duck with about 8 ducklings.

All began with one of the videos on the Scrap Summit to use photos in your journaling that you weren't going to use in a scrap page.  I wasn't using this one as it was in an envelope for unused but can't bring myself to throw away! LOL Something else I learned was instead of messing with spiral on the side, turn it so it is up, out of your way













Thanks for looking. You can see more Messy, Mixed, and Joyful & projects at SplitcoastStampers, and more art journaling over at Art*Journal*Journey.  Check them out.  

5 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon - thanks for joining us at Art Journal Journey with the Fur and/or Feathers theme and what lovely ducks you have given us. I love the male Mallards, they are so distinctive and almost shine on the green bits. Thanks also for the interesting words about them.
    It's a lovely layout and I am sure you will always turn to it on other Memorial Days to remind you of the one in 2012.
    I love the clouds.
    Hugs Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon this is beautiful and such a wonderful way to recall a terrific memory. You and your grandchildren look so happy and content. Must have been a fantastic day. I love how you added the bits of info in with your fabulous day. I also love the different perspective of the photos. Excellent! Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever journal page and scrapbook page combined into one, Sharon. You certainly covered all the bases. I really LOVE that you have photos of both your front and back showing the ducks. This is a fabulous entry for Neet's theme at Art Journal Journey, too. Thanks for sharing it, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you joined us at AJJ Sharon. I love that photo of you Sharon. Are those kids or grandkids? (I don't want to make assumptions and insult anyone.) I love how you included the ducks and also the duck information. As well as those great clouds. This is perfect for Neet's challenge. Thanks for sharing. And I hope you are having a wonderful weekend also. I spent yesterday cleaning with the cold temperatures that arrived so I apologize for taking a couple of days to get by. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool collage- I love that you can do art and preserve memories all at the same time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.