Monday, March 21, 2022

T Stands For Spring

   11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. 13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; 15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: 18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints; Ephesians 6:11-18


Good afternoon, and Happy Spring!  Supposedly around here at 10:30 Sunday it became Spring!  Yay!

In honor of Spring, I am entering a journal page into Art Journal Journey Spring Page Challenge for March.

I Just finished my March Junk Journal for Dear Julie, Dear Julie Challenge. This is page is the center of my journal with a doily in the very center of it.  I stamped a background with River City Stamp Rubber Works stamp sets.  One is "Daisy Images", and one is "Daisy Text".  I added gems and copper stickles.  The page is actually the inside of a large junk mail envelope that I took apart and opened up.  My journal cover measures  6'' by 8 1/4", and this page opened up is 10 1/2 " by 7 3/4", that makes my pages 5 1/4 by 7 3/4.  This journal is for my use to keep track of challenges.  It will start in May, when my other journal I am using ends.   This is also for our S2S March Challenge to collage a project.


Here is the page before going into my journal.








Now for my drink related post for our TSFT party over at Bleubeard & Elizabeth's.  I keep taking photos when we go out to eat then lose track of what I have used and not used. LOL

We went to a small airport near us last week to eat, so I know I haven't posted these photos yet.  We enjoyed seeing planes take off and land while we were there.  It is more than just a delicious meal, it is an experience.


We could have eaten outside but opted to stay inside.


Here is our lemon water.  I like the way the vessel they use for their water on the table for you.
Oh, and do you see our pizza.  It was out of this world good.
Entry way

entry way

As we were leaving another plane landed.  In fact two landed while we were getting in our car.

Happy T Day and Happy Spring.  Thanks for stopping by.  Be sure and check out what the rest of the T gang are doing over at Altered Book Lover.  Maybe you could even join us?  We get together every Monday/ Tuesday.



19 comments:

  1. Happy spring, and I love your Spring journal page
    When I was a child, close to where we lived had just opened up a new airport and we would go there often to enjoy watching the planes and get a meal. That was so fun so I can relate to your airport visit. Yes your pizza looks good.
    Happy T Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your spring pages absolutely sing of the season- so pretty! And what a fun place to have a bite to eat- love the retro decor. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The doily changes up your entire art journal spread - in a good way. I like what it looks like with the doily in the middle. Very beautiful. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your spring page is fantastic Sharon. Those are great daisy stamps and quotes too. This is perfect for Valerie's spring challenge, so thanks so much for sharing over at the AJJ site. That restaurant looks like a fun place to eat. It is like dinner and show, only your show is planes. It looks like a good place to go. Thanks for sharing that with us too. I hope you have a lovely T day and week ahead. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. An airport is an unusual place to eat, so I like your post. First, security is so high that most airports won't let you into the are that has a restaurant. Second, at big airports in recent years, the food usually isn't very good because they regard the passengers as a captive audience. It used to be different when taking a plane was a special (and expensive) deal. SO your experience is rather retro.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay to Spring, you captured it well.
    Oh, my Hubby especially would love to visit that restaurant, if just for having a look :-)
    Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your work is lovely. I enjoyed going to the airport with you. God bless you

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love daisies and so your page really hits the spot with me and I cannot wait for some little daisies to start springing up in the lawn outside the caravan where I am at the moment. I remember as a child making daisy chains and I loved it if I found daisies with a tinge of pink on the edges of the petals.
    Loved the photos you posted.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such gorgeous spring pages and that looks like a great place to eat, love the decor 😁. Happy Spring and Happy T Day! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Humph :( My comment got eaten by blogger. I'll try again...

    I like daisies and wish they'd grow on my patio.

    The airport is a fun place for a restaurant. I love how they've decorated it. Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice post. Love all the daisies. It's my favorite flower. Great shots of the airport and the surroundings. Have a very nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your daisy page is wonderful. I am SO sad that River City Rubber is no longer in business, but I love this wonderful daisy spread you created. Beautifully colored, too. Adding the doily changed the entire spread, but I love how it is interactive. Thanks for this great journal spread you gave us for Valerie's theme at Art Journal Journey.

    Is that Jabarra airport? I had no idea they had a restaurant. Several years ago, I ate at the Hutchinson airport, and it was amazing to see the planes come in while I ate there. Thanks for sharing both your art and your trip to the airport with your lemon water they gave you for T this Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun idea to have a restaurant at the airport. Children would love this as well.
    Your daisy journal page sings of spring!
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  14. No, Eliabeth, it is Stearman Airpark, Benton Ks. It opened in 1947 and supposedly the movie Gypsy Moths was filmed there in 1969 with Burt Lancaster. I didn't know that until just now

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sharon its a gorgeous floral spring page you created and I am so happy you hadded this to Valerie's theme over at AJJ.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely daisy page, so very happy and spring-like. Sorry for my lateness, struggling with my sprained wrist. Happy belated T Day Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your Spring spread is wonderful! Thanks for sharing at AJJ! We go to an airport restaurant with my SIL in France - the food there is also great. This looks like a really interesting place to visit! Belated Happy T Day, Chrisxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sharon your daisy junk journal page is beautifully done...love those stamp sets you've stashed over the years! Benton Airport! My husband, from Kansas, has relatives living still living in Benton, KS on his Dad's side of the family. His Dad used fly with the Civil Air Patrol in Kansas many, many years ago (pre-1960s)...don't know what airport they flew out of, but could be the one! I'll have to ask him!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.