Wednesday, March 2, 2022

My Desk on the Second Now & Then

 11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. 13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; 15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: 18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints; Ephesians 6:11-18


It is time to show what is on our desks and to link to Julia over at Stamping Ground.  Since I am also joining Bleubeard & Elizabeth over at Altered Book Lover for Second on the 2nd, I thought it would be fun to show now & then. 

Here is my desk today!  What's On Your Desk? Wednesday #665



I couldn't decide what I was doing today.  The sunflower book is a junk journal I made last year.  Next to it on the right is what I was collecting to make a daisy junk journal, which is the March Stashbuster challenge by Julie Dear Julie this year.


The card on top of the little white organizer is a daisy card I made for the Alpha Challenge over at SplitcoastStampers, for P for petals this week.  That thingy with the handle is what I use to press harder on my Misti when stamping.  It is easier on my wrists.  What I originally got it for was to use to press down on pages on the Geli plate. On box it is a Speedball baren, made for a comfortable grip "for a shock-absorbent, smooth slide, this baren makes it easy to create even pressure for better ink images."  Great for arthritic wrists.  I bought it like 20 years ago, and just now getting it out to use on a regular basis, not just with the Geli plate.  It saves on my wrists.

Here is my desk then: November 26, 2013

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday #234 & EMS Scrap Sketch

Well, my workdesk is a mess, because I have been scrapping.  I even have stuff from last week still on here! Yikes!  You can see the yellow strip of CS that I tried to cut my letters out of.  It didn't work, too light weight, so I used some 12x12 SU!  Also, do you notice the 2 adhesives in lower left corner?  Well, they stopped working.  I have a whole sack of adhesive, that broke or quit working.  They are different brands.  Am I the only person that has difficulties with adhesive?
Also, in front of the Copics are some gift calendars I am working on. I stamped an image and am using the inks to water color.  There are some fun photos on there that I might incorporate on a card.   If you don't know what WOYWW is check it out at Julia's Stamping Ground.


WOYWW #234
A close up on my scrap page is below.  It is for several challenges:
             SCS VSBN English Degree ( my Bachelor Degree)  We were to use a conversation bubble on our page.
             Stash Busters Challenge:  We were to use two printed papers at least a year old, Epoxy sticker or put a shiny glaze over a sticker, ribbon slide, ribbon.
             Even More Scrapping Sketch Challenge # 50

EMS Sketch # 50

              Credits:  Printed Paper TPC Studio "School Days Alphabet Jumble"
                              Cardstock: So Saffron & Sage Shadow both SU!
                              Accessories:  SU! Alphabet Die, Certainly Celery Ribbon, Ribbon Slide from years and years ago!  Spellbinders leaf die.  Bubble sticker from Bernard J. Putt & Assoc 1985!
Yikes!! 1985! LOL    I thought it would be fun to use the letters and the negative of the letters on my page. 

                                                

                                                  Bless the Lord, O my soul; And all that is within me, bless His holy name! Psalm 103:1-2

  And finally, wishing my friends in U.S. Happy Thanksgiving!  Here is a photo of the pumpkin that my husband and I are slaughtering tomorrow to freeze lots and lots of bags of pumpkin!  But I thought it would make a nice Fall photo. :)  We do this every year about this time and then bake and freeze lots of mini loaves and regular size ones for Christmas gifts.


I hope you enjoyed seeing what is on my desk and a second look at 2013!  Have a glorious day!  Thank you so much for stopping by.


14 comments:

  1. Wow, what a step back in time! Did you homeschool your kiddos? I love your daisy card and I love your junk journal that's turned into something so useful for you! Double the joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of good things to see on your desk today, I love the sunflower journal, so bright and cheerful!
    Hugs LLJ 5 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great comparison Sharon. What a fun idea you had. And I love your sunflower journal. It is a great way to show sunflowers and thoughts of Ukraine. I hope March is treating you well Sharon. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting to see your desk. I rarely sit at my desk any more since I use an iPad or computer for most things.

    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a contrast, Sharon. Do you miss your old craft room? I'm not sure I could have given it up if I had one that large and handy. I love those old leaves you cut from a die from 1985. They show that some dies are timeless. Thanks so much for comparing desks and for this second look on the 2nd, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great desk - both now and then! love the happy sunflower journal. Happy WOYWW Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the sunflower journal - so delightful! And what a great idea of a flashback to week #234! I don't think I was a WOYWW-er back then yet - I came on the scene in 2014! Thanks for your visit and have a lovely week! xx zsuzsa #14

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the desk comparisons, Happy second on the second Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the sunflower journal Sharon. Also really like how you have used the positive and negative letter die cuts on your layout. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the bright sunflower design on your junk journal and also the daisy one which I assume is blank at the moment. I love daisies, they are so fresh and clean but I love sunflowers too. Really not many flowers to dislike are there? If any.
    Great journal page - home schooled or just for the pandemic?
    Hugs, Neet xx4

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sharon, thanks for the lovely comment over at mine. The sunflower journal is so sweet. I remember seeing the Speedball Baren before but couldn't remember what it was used for. You made me smile when you said you had a problem with adhesives as I have tried several but lots of them block up which is a pain. With some I place a knob pin in them but the one make that I have not had any problem with is Tombow which has a small and Broad tips and I love them and always have them on my desk. They make two types which are both good, a clear one but the white one is my favourite. hope that might help you. Sending woyww hugs, Angela x11x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I did a step back in time...or dreamt I did,a little while back, and even though it was in a bigger room...there wasn't much difference...just more mess...I mean crafty clutter! Love the sunflower journal 'specially just now with troubles in the East. Hoping you're having a very Happy late WOYWW!? Stay safe, ((Lyn)) 19#

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Sharon for the birthday wishes. I had a nice day making art, my daughter came home and we had take out Mexican food and cake for dinner. Yum. Have a wonderful weekend. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  14. The latest comment ever! Great post, but I am really intrigued by the barren. Not cheap are they! I saw a plastic one for £2.99 on Amazon, but not sure you would get the same even pressure. I have got several large stamps and I was thinking if you laid the paper on top of the inked stamp and used the barren, you would get an even coverage. Angela #5 (today)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.