Tuesday, October 29, 2019

T Stands for Tea

II Cor 3:18 "But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the spirit of the Lord."

Welcome blog readers!  I have been busy celebrating my birthday!  It was actually yesterday, but I have been celebrating all month, and continued today and will  tomorrow too!  What did we do for my birthday?  We went to the eyeglass store and had our glasses adjusted, then went to Red Lobster for lunch, where we haven't been for ages!  Then we brought leftovers home and had Red Lobster supper, too.  I forgot any kind of camera or iPad.  Sorry, and I don't have a phone to take photos with, either.  I had calls from friend, and our kids; in fact I was on the phone a lot yesterday.  The rest of the day I worked on a One Sheet Wonder rom  6x6 designer series paper. I made 6 cards and a folder for the cards.  I had to get it done for this morning, as three of us friends celebrated two of our birthdays, a Panera.

Here is the gift I made.  I just want to say, I remade the one card better after the photo. :)
This is the folder:


The cards were from a pattern from Deb Valder's Blog.  I used SU! Country Lane 12x12 DSP. I cut it into 4 6x6 pieces, but just used one 6x6 piece.  You could get a total of 24 cards from a 12x12.
I used Fresh Fig  and Sage Shadow Cardstock, and 110 lb Recollections for the white base.  The dotted paper is the other side of the harvest paper.  I used assorted sets for the greetings.  I stamped them in Blackberry Bliss, because I didn't have the matching ink for the Fresh Fig cardstock, but I think it matches pretty well.  I used SU! Special Reason Stamp set for the flowers and leaves, and the coordinating dies. I also used dies from that set for the Thinking of you, Hello, and Best Wishes labels.  The Thanks was fussy cut and layered on the oval.  That by the way is the card I tried to redo after the photo, as glitter and I do not get along!  On some cards I added, sequins and sticker dots, don't think they show up though.  I used Lattice embossing folder on some panels and leaves embossing folders on some.



It is still Tuesday here.  So for Elizabeth's TSFT where we all get together to celebrate Tuesdays,  here is my entry:

 My birthday gift from my sister!  Wow, I am in business for a while, as I love tea!



And some cards from my crafty friends! and some not handmade, but just the same, aren't they all wonderful?

The pink one top right is all the way from Dublin!


Here is a close up of one from one of our TSFT gang, Jan.  Can you believe how intricately made that is?  I don't know how she did it!




And a friend at church knew I made cards, so she had a friend make a card for me!  The balloons pop up when you open it. ;) Wasn't that nice of my friend to go to all that trouble?


And this card was colored so beautifully!


The sunflowers came all the way from Australia!!




Aren't these owls adorable!

I have been told other cards are on there way, and also, I have misplaced one, so next week I will show the rest!  I am so thankful for all the wonderful friends, cyber and other, that my Great God has given me!  I praise the Lord for all of them and all of you!

And today, I  received  this gift, and bag, and love the saying on it, so will share it and leave it as my parting shot!  Thank you for stopping by today!



13 comments:

  1. Happy actual birthday, Sharon! lol. The card set you made as a gift is delightful. The cards you received just blew me away. To have so many and thoughtful friends is a blessing indeed.

    So, you just go ahead and continue being awesome!

    Happy T-day! Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday wishes! It sounds like you are having a lovely month of celebrations, going to the Red Lobster restaurant is perfect, so yummy 😀. The tea stash looks wonderful and wow, so many amazing cards too! Enjoy your celebrations and wishing you a Happy T Day! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Sharon-you are blessed to receive all those lovely cards!! that is really awesome-hugs
    and wow I am love stash teas even more now that I know they have never added plastics to their tea bags-looks like a nice box to use in your crafts afterwards too. Happy T wishes Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Sharon, I hope you had a lovely day and enjoy your celebrating, your cards looked lovely and the box of assorted teas is a great gift.
    Happy T day wishes.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! You made a lot of nice cards, and you received lovely cards from others for your birthday. That box of tea looks great. And when it's empty, you can decoupage the box, if you like doing that. (I've made a few decoupage boxes using empty cigar boxes.) Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy belated birthday Sharon. I always celebrate for more than the day, and I am glad to hear I am not the only one who does that. You received such great collection of cards. It is good to be loved. And that is an amazing box of tea. It's a good gift. Hope in future T days we get to see some nice cups of it. Hope it was a super day Sharon. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm even later than you, dear Sharon. Sorry. I'll elaborate later. How is it I didn't know it was your birthday? Have I really been asleep or in my own little world? I am SO sorry. I wish I made cards, but I will still wish you a lovely birthday, regardless.

    You made beautiful cards, Sharon. You got a lot out of that one mileage out of one 12 X 12 sheet of paper and from what I understand, you only used 6 X 6 on the cards you showed. They are all simply gorgeous. Of course, they don't compare to the beauty you sent me (GRIN)!

    You GOT some gorgeous cards, too. I'm totally impressed. I was also glad to see how others create cards. Some are truly unique.

    Your sister KNOWS you well. You got an awesome gift in that Stash of tea. I'd never heard of Stash before until Kathy talked about the company. You SCORED.

    Thanks for sharing your birthday with us and your tea for T this Tuesday. Yes, it's still Tuesday here! Again, happy birthday, dear. You and Bleubeard were born on the same day, but he's a tad younger than you, I suspect. At least I'll never forget your birthday again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Belated Birthday! That tea box looks like it'll provide many a happy hour :) Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh Very Happy belated Birthday Sharon!! Wish you the best ever.
    The cards you made and the folder are Amazing, really beautiful. And I love the Awesome Birthday cards you received, they are great.
    I wish you a very nice Thursday and happy Halloween,
    Big hugs, Caty

    ReplyDelete
  10. You made some great cards with your paper! Happy Birthday..you're going to get lots of pleasure out of your cards and gifts!Belated Happy T Day! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy (belated) birthday! Yes, of course you are awesome! (and that bag is awesome too)
    What lovely cards you have received! They are all different but each one is beautiful.
    Happy belated T-Day,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sharon, I’ve just found how to get in to comment, ha,ha, so pleased you liked your birthday card!
    You have been busy as usual, I love the one sheet cards, I’ve made a few and I felt very happy that I used the sheet without any left overs to keep among my ever growing off cuts.
    Happy late T Day hope you are still celebrating as I am!
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy belated birthday. Looks like you were showered with happy wishes. I love your One Sheet Wonder cards. They are so pretty and easy to make.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.