Monday, October 21, 2019

T Stands for Too Early and Dreams

II Cor 3:18 "But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the spirit of the Lord."



What do I mean too early?  I mean I got up at 5:00 A.M. this morning! Since I retired, I have not been a early riser, unless we are leaving for a trip or are  on a trip, because hubby gets up that early usually.  When you are in restricted space, like a motel room, or in a cabin on a ship, if one gets up, no matter how quiet he tries to be, I usually wake up that early!  Especially if we are driving.  He wants to leave early!  Anyway, back to this morning.  I felt so energetic that I started cleaning the blinds in my craft room.  I finally finished this afternoon, too.  It is a large window; 5x4 feet.  I cleaned slat by slat, because there is no way I could take them down and put them in the bathtub, like I did when I was younger! LOL  All done! Now I can do fun things like finish my Dream, wish, or imagine art journal page.

 I wanted to show you what the prints I pulled earlier on my Gelli Plate.  Elizabeth, I wore plastic disposable gloves. Would that solve your problem of worrying about scratching it?  I just thought of you when I was making the prints.  I had originally been trying out my acrylic paints and throwing out the ones that were dried up.  Also, going down a rabbit hole, here dear readers, sorry.  I was purging for the craft garage sale.  I took a carload and trunk load over on Saturday, all priced with the stickers they provide with our own upc code on them.  So when someone brings a product to the register to pay, it credits to my account.  In the end, I have credit at the store to buy more! LOL  But they take care of the hassle for a small percentage and fee.  Love it.  I have done this for several years now.  I think we are just trading around our stash!  Our credit can't be used for garage sale items, only items that the store sales.  Okay, sorry about going down that rabbit hole!

Here are my Gelli prints:

The top the card stock I put over the stencil on the gelli plate, and the bottom one is the cardstock I put over the gelli plate and pulled after removing the stencil.  I think they call it the shadow print.


Here is a photo of all of them drying: 


I think the stencil is on top of the deli paper I used today on my art journal page.  The deli paper was my wipe off page, where I cleaned the stencil and rolled the ink off my brayer.  I didn't think to photograph it by itself, as I didn't know then how  I was going to use it.


Below are the different ones I made cut into card size so they will be ready to use as backgrounds.

 So, just so you know how I do it.  I dab the acrylic paint colors on the gelli plate, then dab on some Golden Open, so it keeps the paint from drying to fast, because I use cheap acrylic paint, Folk Art from Michaels, and on sale.  LOL  Anyway, then I roll it out with my brayer, lay on my stencil, then put on my cardstock or whatever paper you want to use.  Then I pull that, and the stencil, lay another paper on.  You can keep laying papers on till nothing comes off, towards the end is when I put on the deli paper.  You can even do a print over a print you have done earlier.

 I don't need to get my plate out very often because as you see I get a lot of prints just from a couple of applications of paint.


Below you can see the first print on top and the shadow print below.


Here I think the shadow print is on top and the main print on the bottom.




Main print on top, secondary or shadow print below.  Either one are pretty and can be used for a background.


And here is my art journal page for  *Art* Journal* Journey* where Eileen of the Artful Crafter is our guest host for October.

I used a deli paper from the leftover paints on the geli plate.  I applied it to a journal page in my Canson 7x10" Mixed media  book. It is my 8th Journal page in this book I started several years ago! LOL  I applied Gesso to the page and then lay on the deli paper.  I then stamped the dream stamp from Natural Beauty by SU!.  I also stampede with the fairy and branch from Crafters Companion.  I added some oxides and sprayed with water around the edges, and colored the fairy's wings with Wink of Stella, clear. I added the metal imagine and with brads on a dimensional. The trouble with the Gelli prints, is you don't want to cover them up, they usually turn out so nice!  That is why I didn't do a lot on the page. Thanks Eileen for challenging me to play! :)  Because that is what I do, play.  I have no idea how to art journal! LOL  



And last I want to link up with  Elizabeth & Bleubeard  over at Altered Book Lover for T Stands For Tuesday!  
     We went out big today and used our coupons at Wendy's.  I got my salad and hubby got his double burger combo, so he had coke, but I had water.  We were going to use our coupons for buy a double dip and get a double dip free at Baskin - Robbins, but they had lost power and were closed. :(  Next time.  

So, that is my post, today.  Thanks for stopping by!   Waving to the  T gang.  I hope you have a great T Day.  

19 comments:

  1. The craft garage sale idea has my head spinning, Sharon. My problem would be that I can't think of anything I can bear to part with.

    Golden Open is going on my wish list! I think that's what I need to make successful gel prints. Like you said, the acrylic paint dries much too fast. You got some lovely prints.

    I love the page you made for my Dreams challenge at AJJ. I also love that you just play. That's when the magic happens. Thank you for sharing it with us at Art Journal Journey.

    Happy T-day! Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a great system for swapping out craft supplies-I rarely can rid of mine though, but I think that is a great idea
    I enjoyed learning about your gel prints something I haven't tried yet. Happy T wishes hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the special garage sale idea! Cuz sometimes our art and craft tastes change and i wouldn't mind trading in older supplies for some newer ones:) Great Gelli plate printing!! I tend to do as you and make bunches at one time while everything is out:) Beautiful dream page for AJJ - so soft looking. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Gelli prints and the art you created from 1 of them. And I have to say I am impressed you started cleaning your blinds at 5 AM. I drag myself out of bed at that time to go to work and I am not that ambitious. (Even when I wake up at that time on the weekend I will read because it's a little too early for me.)
    Wishing you a great T day Sharon. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. The gelli prints are wonderful, and love what you made with one of them as background. That method of selling stash is great, too, wish we had something like that here. Today I slept late and didn't wake up till 7:30, that's very unusual for me, but I was pleased. Well done on cleaning those blinds, too! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, when I worked in Wolfsburg (some 40 km away) I got up 04:40, as does hubby now.
    I love those long days! I do not love cleaning, though!
    Great artwork! Playing is fun :-)
    Doesn´t look like you have no idea!!
    I do think we had a Wendy´s here, too, but they sold sweets, like muffins... but I might be wrong, too.
    Happy T-Day-wave back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the backgrounds you made with the gelli plates. Nice color choices. And your art journal page looks great: I especially like the fairy stamp. Wendy's has good cheeseburgers! Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. GREAT page Sharon, wow! Fantastic prints!
    Good luck with the garage sale project!
    Thanks a lot for joining AJJ!
    Happy T-Day!
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I'm not a morning person at all (even when I was working, I would arrive at work half asleep and my collegues knew not to tax me too much before midday!) So I am in awe of you cleaning blinds at 5 am!
    That sounds like a good system when holding a garage sale. Unfortunately we don't do garage sales here, and if they did, there wouldn't be any crafting supplies because people don't craft here. I still have lots of old supplies and I would love to swap stuff. When I did my Pocket Letters, I got lots of bits and pieces from other people and I could get rid of some of my 'bits' too.
    Thank you for showing how you did your gelli prints. Fascinating.
    Happy T-Day.
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  10. The backgrounds you have created are Amazing Sharon !! Love the stencils and colours. I looove your Art journal page !! It´s Spectacular !! I also think those backgrounds are very beautiful and don´t need much addition.
    Happy T-day ! I wish you a very nice day, and send big hugs,
    Caty

    ReplyDelete
  11. First, where do you get Wendy's and Baskin-Robbins coupons? I'd like some of those, too.

    Sounds like you may have made a good trade by getting store credit for craft supplies.

    I went to the Household Hazardous Waste site a few years ago and found glazes. They work as well as Golden Open and are free. They also extend the dry time of cheap acrylics.

    I admire that you cleaned those slats in place. I used to use the bathtub, but now I drag them outside and place them over the clothes line and hose them down with a brush and soapy water. Once dry, I put them back. Nice thing is, they dry in place on the clothes line.

    I'm not sure gloves will keep my nails from working properly. I have so much stuff I use or get out when I work on these gelli prints, it takes a day to get set up. I admire that you used newspapers to keep the prints off your carpet. I love the way you made yours, though.

    You did an excellent job creating that dream entry using Eileen's theme at Art Journal Journey. It's a lovely entry and I really like how it turned out. Like you, I hate to cover over the prints, too.

    That last photo with AJJ on the tablet screen, the clean blinds in the background, and the Wendy's mug on your desk is wonderful. Thanks for sharing your week with us for T this Tuesday. Sorry, I fell asleep while leaving you a comment last night.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, you have made yourself a fantastic collection of backgrounds for your art and it sounds like you had fun creating the pages.
    The journal page you created looks beautiful and dreamy.
    I'm not a morning person, so you deserve a medal for all the work you did on your blinds that early in the day.
    Happy T day wishes and I hope you will share how you complete your pages .
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lots of beautiful prints! Your workstation with the gleaming blinds looks awesome. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wanted to clear up something. Although I got up at 5:00, I did not clean my blinds at 5:00! I was energetic, and did them after breakfast! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, let me think cleaning a blind slat by slat or staying in bed ... I bet you can guess which one I prefer ...lol 😉. So glad you got your craft room windows all cleaned and your gelli prints look amazing! Beautiful page too, I always enjoy playing and creating art journal pages 😀. Sending you Happy T Day wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really need to clean the blinds over my kitchen sink, but they're so hard to get to. I can't even reach :(

    I like the print results you get. So much variety as you go through this process, and each step yields a nice design.

    Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great prints Sharon and I love your journal page!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Isn't it funny how one gelli print leads to another! I love your page - and that sometimes the leftover paint pages are as good as the prints! Belated Happy T Day! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, you created a whole lot of prints. They all look fantastic. I love your journal page. TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.