Wednesday, July 11, 2018

WOYWW #475 & New Media Mat

                   Phi 4:4  Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice.


Good morning, WOYWW deskers!  Don't know what a "desker" is?  Check out all the deskers over at Julia's Stamping Ground.  Every Wednesday she hosts a world wide blog hop of crafters showing their desks.  We show what is on our desks, and what we are doing and do a lot of enabling, but mostly we get to know each other.  Fun!  So let the fun begin! :)

I just had to show my new TH Glass Media Mat.  I had built up some credit at a scrapbook store, where they host a craft garage sale, but instead of you getting cash for what you sell, you get credit, because they do all the work!  It was like free!  :)  I got rid of stuff and got a mat to boot!  So, after watching several You Tube videos about this mat, I used my credit to get one.  I love it!  It is going to be perfect for scrapbooking, besides the mixed media techniques. I am getting ready to mail out some birthday cards so had to cover them up.  I still have to stamp the inside sentiments.  Also, there is a some leftover oxide backgrounds, (which I did on my new mat.) I was playing with a friend's dies, and have been looking at my new catalogue.

That little green corner die is one I bought at the Expo for $5.00.  It has tabs on the back and can be like a pocket on scrap pages.  Isn't it pretty?  I was thinking of adding it to that oxide background and putting it on a card.

So that is what my desk looks like this morning.  I am looking forward to seeing what is on your desks.  Thanks for stopping by.  Have a great week!

16 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon, that mat looks great, but I've not succumbed yet, lol. Really can't justify it, I have at least two glass mats already! Love the background. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz XxX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon, I was looking at the mat when I was at Michaels, like Shaz I couldn’t justify the price but good on you for getting it as a freebie, exciting playing with new things and I love the BG and card.
    The die would look great as a pocket on a card or LO, a great find
    Have a good weekend
    Jan. #25

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mat looks amazing. What fun and how useful. The die is so pretty. Thanks for sharing. Caro x (#18)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sharon, the mat looks good. I have the original large Tonic one so haven't invested yet; also it is set up for right handers! Nice use of your credit!. Have a great week. Sarah #14

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, that was a win-win scenario then! Getting rid of stuff and scoring a brand new mat :-D I like your style!
    Hugs LLJ 9 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a ‘regular’ glass mat by EK Success that I;ve had for years, and it’s one of the tools that I would rescue from a fire...I love it. It takes a bashing and a painting and a sticky mess, and it cleans and goes on helping, hope you enjoy your new one as much. Love the store credit thing, always feels great doesnt it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you continue to enjoy your new mat. sounds a great way to get hold of one too! win win. Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  8. You lucky girl! That mat is on my wish list. Hugs and Creative Blessings! Kelly #31

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sharon. That corner die is so attractive - well found. Hope you really find your mat helpful.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #7

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh I have one that was a "pre-order" so, I have been just you know telling my self someday it will ship and guess what, I think today was the day the store expected to receive them, maybe I should check my email hahah. I love seeing it on your desk Sharon, it has things in exactly the spots I use up disposable things so, I have my fingers crossed it will work ok for me on that plastic folding table ( its kinda warped over time ) ~Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fabulous die!The mat is helpful for sure! Happy crafting!
    Hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your desk looks nice and crafty today! I love the Oxides, I have to make a baby shower card for a friend, and they will work well for the background! That die cut looks fab - very useful! Have a great week, Lindart #33

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the idea of earning credit for supplies. I've seen those glass mats too and thought they seemed useful. Glad to hear you love yours. Have a great week Sharon. Dorlene #34

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sharon, really jealous as I so wanted this mat but as I already have a glass mat just can't be buying another one. It's brilliant. Thanks for the visit to mine and happy belated woyww, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad you are enjoying your new TH mat Sharon, I was lucky to be gifted one when they first came over to the UK as my original A3 had seen better days.
    Have fun using it, it looks a lot tidier on your desk than my kitchen table.
    Have a super weekend & thanks for sharing WOYWW Tracey #2

    ReplyDelete
  16. I apologize for visiting so late Sharon. My slow internet that my provider can’t seem to help me with, along with a visit from three young people has culminated with a cough, chills, sweats, and sore throat that my friends believe is the flu. This may seem like a cop-out, but I believe in visiting everyone, or I shouldn’t be playing. I appreciate you understanding.

    I have never felt the need for one of those glass mats, but if I ever get rid of my scanner, I'll use it as a glass mat. Yep, I'm definitely the Queen of Free. Is this a local store that does this or ?? Curious minds and all. Happy very belated WOYWW from # 4.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.