Monday, July 9, 2018

T Stands for Tuesday Over at Elizabeth's

                    Phi 4:4  Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice.

It  is time to celebrate Tuesday again over at Elizabeth's Altered Book Lover.  But next week is the real celebration!  A 5th anniversary celebration!  We are doing an ATC swap, and I am ready and have mine made!  It is only the third ATC swap I have ever done, so pardon me if I am excited about next week!

Ok, down to business, I have today's post to do and the T gang are waiting!  Besides making the
ATC today, I also made a couple of Christmas cards and a birthday card.  But before all that crafting, I went for a walk at 7:30 this morning before it got too hot. It is fun to walk in my new neighborhood.  Besides an asphalt bike path, I have discovered at rail trail ; an old railroad that has been made into a bike/walking path.  So, I have some options!  I wear a pedometer and keep track of miles and log them on Walking4Fun.  You can see it on my sidebar.  I am walking the Colorado Trail virtually right now.

The asphalt path

Intersection with the rail trail

I could go this way

Or I could go this way

My drink related post for Elizabeth.

This morning I walked on the asphalt path until I came to the rail trail, then I walked it.  I walked three miles today for an hour and I drank this liter of water after I got home!
Thanks for stopping by!  Don't forget about the party next week!

15 comments:

  1. How nice to have found such wonderful places to walk. And yes, getting out early before the heat sets in is a must! I also like the idea of "walking 4 fun". Oh the places I could go.... looking forward to next week's party and swap too. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those trails for rails are really paying off in your part of town. I like the looks of your new neighborhood.

    Your walk puts me to shame. By the time I had watered my herbs on the back patio, I was already starting to feel overheated. I needed some of that water YOU are drinking, but I got light headed and got a sore throat, too.

    Thanks for sharing the walking trail, your new neighborhood, and your water with us for T this Tuesday.

    BTW, I'm glad you are excited about trading an ATC next Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great that you have some nice places to walk, enjoy! Happy T Day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks a beautiful area for a walk, it must be good to walk before the heat of the day and it seems so quite and peaceful.
    Happy T day wishes.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I a lovely place to walk! when we lived in Illinois they were doing allot of rails to trails for walkers. It went through several states too-I think it was set up for bicyles toos. thought that was an awesome re purpose.
    I have not made an atc in years but I am going to make one for the swap too-sometime this week
    Happy T Day Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. i do confess i should walk more in summer... if i don´t get out early, it is too hot and i quit. good to drink enough, another weak point of me, sigh...
    happy t-day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a nice area to walk especially before the heat of the day. Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely places to walk Sharon, they have quite a few of those trails in Derbyshire. I love that you are doing a virtual walk, steve used to do that only cycling.
    jan no 16

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a nice place you have to walk! Here i have to dodge cars.. Yes , even out in the country they drive like crazy people.. lol I've made my ATC's too.. And this might just be my 3rd one too.. lol I usually do postcards as ATC's are a little small for me to work on but i like to join in .. :) Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely area for walking, Sharon. I've been meaning to start my ATCs. I have the ides in my head. Thanks for the reminder. I can't wait to see yours.

    Happy T-day! Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had so juch fun exploring your new neighborhood with you, it looks like a beautiful place! I love walking and it's lovely to see that you have some good walks to go on 😁. I can't wait to see all your makes! Happy T Day! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a lovely view along your walking path. I have only been to Colorado once and I love the lack of humidity. I bet that is great for walking.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  13. We have rail trails here, too, but none within walking distance. What a nice neighborhood! Happy T Tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. A wonderful area! I do a lot of dogwalking - but not really enough realxing walkings alone . I am often a bit too lazy even though we have the most beautfiul landscape here where I live.
    Happy T-Day! Enjoy your beautiful surroundings!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well done for all that walking! I love this idea of a virtual walk being linked up! I reached my target yesterday but it doesn't happen often while it's this hot! Belated Happy T day! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.