Monday, April 24, 2023

T Stands for Time to Organize Craft Room

  8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. Ephesians 2:8-9


I watched videos this week-end put on by the Papercrafters Get Organized Summit.  It inspired me to re-organize my craft room and purge a little.  There were lots of ideas on how to organize, but mostly it just inspired me to do it! I did that instead of crafting or doing a blog post.  I even did a little house cleaning!  It will take a while to really get it completely re-organized.   So, no photos until I get it done.

Even though I do not have photos of my craft room, but I do have photos of my walk on Friday, the 21st.  I didn't go on Trail Day, as I was concerned that the trail would have too much traffic of walkers and bikers.   Friday I got off the trail and walked a little further to see come different scenery.

Wichita's most iconic symbol is The Keeper of the Plains.  There are many 10-foot replicas of it all over Wichita.  I found one on my walk!  I don't know if they are all like this one or not, but this one has artwork all over it.  I tried to get a few close ups of the artwork on the art. :)




Below the keeper has a keeper on it.



Below is a depiction to symbolize the aircraft industry in Wichita.






And we went out today for fast food, but so good!  We don't do this too often; in fact this was first time this year!  We had a coupon for 2 meals for $9.99.  Roast beef sandwiches, curly fries and root beer with refill to go. :)  We love all the sauces: Arby Sauce, Horsy Sauce, Pepper sauce & Honey Mustard sauce for our sandwiches and fries.  The curly fries are wonderful when they are hot.  And today, they did them fresh for us so they were hot!  We didn't need anything the rest of the day!  Very filling!




Here is a card using one of the Klompen Stampers fun folds that I learned. This fold works well for displaying the card.  I made this for a man at our church who has a birthday this week but also is very ill.  Also, I made it for our Alpha Challenge on SplitcoastsStamers for the Alpha Toy Round for T for Train.


Thank you for stopping by.  Nice to see and hear from the T Gang.  I am linking up with Bleubeard & Elizabeth over at Altered Book Lover for the TSFT.  We all post something drink related in our post and all get together once a week; Monday night/Tuesday.  Happy T Day to the T Gang.  Hello to all my readers and again thank you for visiting.

  See you next time.

19 comments:

  1. The keeper on the keeper is an idea I sure like.
    Now I crave fast food (but yesterday I cooked for today so... and the weather is crappy, I won´t leave the house!)
    Love your card-concept - happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon, Looking forward to seeing your organised craft room!! Mine needs doing too as I have too many things on every surface.
    Love the statue and your area looks great for walking and fast food, we don't eat it if we can help it but hot beef sandwich sounds delicious although I don't like sauces or root beer!
    Have a great week, Jan S x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning, a couple years ago I did a big re organizing, but I never purge anything because as soon I do I am looking for it haha. I do have two rooms full of all sorts of craft interests in one room though. I may need to purge my quilting fabrics soon, since I am getting older and will be concentrating on spinning and weaving mostly going forward-there is allot of money in the fabrics so will need to decide what to do when I am ready.
    Loved seeing the statue for your city and you make the prettiest cards. your food sounds good-we have not been to fast food restaurant in probably 30 years or more haha.
    Happy T hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool statue! I can't remember my last fast food, but now I have a taste for it :) I am going out to the store later, so maybe on my way home... :) Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool looking Keeper of the Plains. Always enjoy the cards with interesting folds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always love the keeper of the Plains statues. And your food sounds delicious. Love the beautiful quote on your card, I have the same quote in Hebrew on a paintig I made, and it hangs over my desk. Have a great week, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes fast food does the trick, especially if you only eat it on a rare occasion. And I am loving these Keeper of the Plains photos. Elizabeth has shown some, but this one is especially handsome with the art on him. And good luck with your craft room cleaning. I did mine last summer and then this past January and now I am really happy with it. Let's see how long before I decide I need to change it again-smile. I hope you share photos once you finish. Have a super T day Sharon and week ahead. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  8. Re-organizing is great once you get the bug. I start cleaning everything, it's a good feeling. We have an Arby's but I have never been to one. The fries look deliciousand would be my favorite!
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry I am so late visiting. I now have four cats and two households to take care of, and last night I visited Sally at the hospital till they threw me out. She finally got a room late last night. Before that for over a day, she was stuck in the ER on a cot.

    There were 30 in first set of Keepers and each person got $1000.00 stipend to cover materials and labor. The ideas were juried and the Keeper went to a specific place. The second set was for the 150th anniversary of Wichita as a city and each keeper had to have 150 items on it. These were also juried and mostly placed in public parks and city spaces. The mayor's Keeper is at the new Library. It also is one with 150 things on it. Heather Byers has two that I know of. One from the first and one from the second set. They are molded and given to the artist as a white Keeper. Only one has been damaged by vandals, but it has now been repaired.

    I FINALLY got everything put away from our craft day, except some dies I want to use. Had to laugh at the organizing. You won't believe all the mess I had when I put things back on my desk.

    Your card is beautiful. It is SO you. I love the design. You got a good deal at Arby's. Glad you made good use of the coupon. Thanks for sharing your meal, your root beer, your card, and the keeper with us for T this Tuesday, dear friend.


    ReplyDelete
  10. I think the Keeper of the Plains statue is awesome. I really enjoy seeing them around. when you or Elizabeth show them. Mmmmm, Arby's. Great food deal and no cooking for you!. Lovely card as always. You're so talented. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy T-day Sharon. I love Arbys! We don't eat there often either but it is so good when we do. Lovely statues and GREAT card. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like 'The Keeper of the Plains'. It is with more details that anyone can admire. Simply awesome! Great to hear that you could spend time re-organizing your craft room. I hope we can see organized room photos soon. Good food and a beautiful card too...
    Happy T-day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pleasant time with you again!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful card (and sentiment). I'm sure the recipient will love it.
    The Keeper of the Plain is beautiful. Especially as he has art on it. very special.
    A Re-org is always healthy. I'm re-organizing my dressing room/wardrobe. It is being painted at the moment so i had to take everything out. A good excuse for some purging and organizing.
    Happy belated T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had to click twice on the log in to comment, but it finally worked. I love your post. The Keeper is such a cool piece of sculpture/wood carving? I'm always trying to reorganize my craft space. I have a ton of supplies that I am looking for a local place to donate. I also have a bunch of cards to donate which I am getting together. Just need to pack them up and get them to the Post Office. I seldom do fast food, but my go to place is Chick-fil-A. I love their waffle fries and the chicken wrap.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great photos thanks for sharing and very nicely done card! Must get back to that website. And thank you for joining my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I will be back later to view more of your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dear Sharon, I wish you every success in reorganizing your craft room! I really like The Keeper of the Plains - an impressive figure. And I like your birthday card for the man from your church - very interesting design.
    🌸❤️🌸
    Have a great May!
    Hugs and happy T-Day, Traude 😘
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/04/monets-garten-ein-blumiger-tag-in-wien.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for sharing the art work. FYI... Walmart sells Arby Sauce by the bottle if you want to make your own sandwiches at home. I pick up the Arby's when they're on sale and toss them in the freezer. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.