Monday, April 17, 2023

T Stands for Turkey & Technique

 8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. Ephesians 2:8-9


I learned another new technique today for making a background for a card.  You cut shapes and put them inside each other.   I used Su! Stitched shapes dies to cut the circles.  But, I used two at the same time so I got the frame of a circle instead of the normal solid circle.

Here is the link to the Technique Challenge on SplitcoastStampers and video for the technique:  Try a New Technique

Here is my card:


I popped up the circles on dimensionals as well as the greeting.  I put all on a color bursts background that I had.  I only used a 1/4th of a sheet of the paper, so I have three more backgrounds like this to use yet.

This technique can be done with any shapes. I hope you try this new technique.

Here are some photos from the trail and off trail from today, in reverse order!  Blogger reverses the order!  This is when I cut across to get off the trail; wild turkey right up in our yards!




As you can see, I am infatuated with these Redbud trees. The pear trees are white and they came out first, now the Redbuds are blooming.  I guess this is where the Redbud Trail got its name. :)










It was beautiful today, but I got more than just exercise from walking. It was so windy; I spent a lot of time chasing my hat that Elizabeth gave me.  I love that hat and wear it every time I go walking, but no matter how far I have it jammed on my head, this Kansas wind blows it right off my head.  Mostly I hang on to it or keep my head kind of bowed, which is good so I will see anything I might trip on! LOL


I guess I need a ticket to the party over at TSFT on Altered Book Lover.

So here is a photo from my archives:  a card I made in 2010, and it is long gone.  I wonder who I sent it to? :)


Thank you for your comments and for stopping by.  I am honored that you stopped in for TSFT.

See you next time.

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos of the redbuds-I had never seen these trees until we moved to Missouri when we retired-they are scattered in the woods along with the dogwoods-so pretty the pinks and whites mixed into the woods that are just getting ready to leaf out.
    you make the coolest cards too. I love watching the wild turkeys-we had them at the woods house and we have them here at the lake too.
    Happy T wishes Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards including the last card with tea pots. It seems like stitched shapes dies are great for adding so much creativity for the cards. Photos from the trail are interesting including pretty flowers.
    Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Redbuds were in bloom all along the Pennsylvania Turnpike when we drove from Lancaster to Ann Arbor Sunday. They are an amazing color, especially when they grow among other blossoming trees. Yours look lovely.

    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful photos of the blossoming trees along your trail, so pretty. We don't get wild turkeys here, but we have lots of Canada geese! Happy T Day, hold onto your hat, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty cards today Sharon. I really like the green one and how you added those white circles. And aren't turkeys fun to see? Things are really greening up in your area also. Hurrah that spring has arrived. Happy T day and week ahead. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seeing turkeys would be a cause for excitement here :) I also love redbud trees. Our yard when I was growing up had several, and I have one in a pot on my patio. Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the bright, whimsical card with the circles. I miss our walks together, but I can't say I miss that Kansas wind!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool card. A herd of turkeys used to live across the street a Prissy's house. Sometimes they would cross the road to my side. Mostly holding up traffic. Your flowering trees are so pretty. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  9. The redbuds are so lovely and I love when they bloom. Such a stunning color. I hear the wild turkeys here a lot recently, they are all over the place. I'm glad that they come in my garden so far because they make a mess.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh. Sadly the video does not show up here - but your card is wonderful, as are the blooms. I checked yesterday... nothing here yet. So... the better to see yours! I never saw a turkey for real. Quite huge. Happy belated T-Day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sharon,
    Love all the photos from your walk, funny I took a photo of a wild turkey when out walking with our son in SF.
    I try to make a note of who I've send cards to but only keep a record for one year but I would imagine it might have been sent to someone from the T gang
    Take care
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What beautiful redbud trees. A feast for the eyes.
    What fun to see the wild turkeys (I didn't know there were wild turkeys. I thought they were domesticated like the chickens)
    Happy T-Day (belated)
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  13. The redbuds are gorgeous and I can see why you like them. We had a wild turkey in our yard last month, the first one that I have seen since living here.
    Your cards are lovely.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  14. In case you didn't see today's post, there was a power outage in my neighborhood and I was without power for nearly 24 hours, which is why I'm late visiting.

    That's a pretty birthday card. I like how you used your dies. And I love the background. We know those are YOUR colors, too!

    What lovely photos from the trail. Those redbuds are beautiful. There is one in my neighborhood I am eyeing when I get my mail. I can't believe there are wild turkeys in town. They must be really hungry or very bold.

    Love your old tea card. Thanks for sharing your new technique, your trail photos, the wild turkeys, and your tea card with us for T this week. Sorry about the hat (grin)!


    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Sharon, funny, the wild turkey and wonderful the blooming trees!
    You have created pretty cards - both the happy-birthday card and the 2010 card with the nice teapots!
    All the best from Austria! 🌷☘️🌷
    Hugs, Traude 😘
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/04/rax-und-thenauriegel-zwei-ausfluge-mit.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.