Monday, February 27, 2023

T Stands for Thunderstorms

   23 Search me, O God, and know my heart:

try me, and know my thoughts:
24 And see if there be any wicked way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalms 139:23-24

Haha! I always like it when I can say T stands for something that actually begins with T!  We did finally get some much-needed rain over night, at least an inch.  We will take it as we are very dry here.  We even had tornado warnings last night late but didn't hear of any developments around here. That is good. We had lots of wind and thunder.  We were already in bed when it all started. It didn't bother us enough even to get up and look out the window.  And today was nice enough to go walk for as long as I could stand the wind.  It is supposed to get up to 67 degrees F.  

On to more important things, like crafting.  I watched several videos presented by the Card Maker Success Summit.  I saw lots of fun techniques, and new products.  I did not purchase the VIP which gives you unlimited access to the videos, just watched while available for 24 hours for free.  I also did not purchase any new products.  I am in the mode to use up what I have, which is considerable! The individual designers did provide us with free worksheets on how to make their projects, and I downloaded some of those.

Here is a card that I made for the Challenge Your Stash group on SplitcoastStampers for a monochromatic red card.  I used stash for sure!  I have hoarded this SU! designer paper for over 10 years, and I only used a little 4x5 piece of a 12x12 sheet for this card.   I used SU! Real Red cardstock for the base, and also die cut the sentiment from the Real Red.  I added prima flowers and a brad from my stash.  Now, I only have 199 more prima flowers and 999 more brads!  I die cut the little flowers for the upper corner.  I think I nailed the challenge!





It is time for my ticket to the TSFT over at Bleubeard & Elizabeth's at Altered Book Lover.  I will share some photos I don't believe I have ever shared from when we ate at a place called Jimmy's Egg.  It was the first time we had been there.  They had some WSU (Wichita State University) type decorations on their walls, so I took photos. 





I do not know why some of my post looks wonky with white around it.  I even cut and re-typed.  Blogger has a mind of it's own!
Happy T Day to the T Gang!  Thank you for stopping by.


18 comments:

  1. Your temperatures are making me jealous Sharon. They sound like perfect walking temperatures. And it sounds like you've had some fun crafting activities too. That's a fun restaurant name. It looks so empty in your photos so I hope it has enough customers to stay in business. It's always interesting when places decorate with college paraphernalia. It's fun to see what the school colors and mascots are. Have a great T day and week ahead. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been to Jimmy's Egg and they have the BEST Eggs Benedict. They know how to make eggs, that's for sure.

    It rained hard here, too. Not sure how much I got, but I know I heard thunder most of the night. Probably while you were sleeping (grin).

    LOVE that card and LOVE that birthday sentiment die. Thanks for sharng the mugs at Jimmy's Egg and your card with us for T this week, dear Sharon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your card. I always admire how well you do at taking up a challenge. You get SO much accomplished. It is wonderful that there are so many free classes and such available. Rarely do I ever pay.
    What a fun restaurant.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is beautiful. I like the pink and how creatively you have used the colours pink & red in this card. The eating place looks peaceful, and I like the decorations too.
    Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. To Ts in T! I love thunderstorms. The last good one was 1999. Yep. Australia, too, we don´t get much here in Germany.
    WOnderful card!
    HAppy T-Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy T-day Sharon. Lots of interesting weather around lately - some of it too interesting and some of barely interesting. Love your red card - monochromatic is one of my fave things in card making. The restaurant looks fun - I love eggs so I would be excited to try it. Hugz and I have missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We've had storm warnings, but they haven't been nearly as severe as predicted. The restaurant decorations are cute :) Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely red card. The restaurant looks fun, too. If you are copying and pasting into your blog, use the paste as plain text. That way you won't get the background behind the text. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  9. The weather is really crazy these days isn't it. I'm glad you were able to go for a walk though.
    Your red card is beautiful. So simple but very striking. (Probably because of the colour).
    The restaurant looks a fun place to go.
    Happy T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you were safe in the storm. Such a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy T Day, Sharon. Your card is totally gorgeous! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your card. I also have tons of Prima flowers and brads in my stash. I don't think I can ever use them all up. It is warming up here and we get a shower here and there, but no bad storms right now. I love going out for breakfast. We have a couple of restaurants only open for breakfast and lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good thing that you didn't get any tornadoes, but the rain is certainly a relief when it is very dry. This winter we have had a lot of rain - the drought is still not over, but it certainly is a huge relief.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sharon, I love your monochromatic red card... some real jewels from your hoard, like that DP and those flowers. I'm also thankful that the tornado warnings did not cause any problems. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sharon, I am glad you got the rain you needed. We got another 2 inches of snow and it is supposed to snow all week. I am so not happy with this. Sea level is NOT supposed to get snow. :( I do love your birthday card. It is truly beautiful. Have a very nice day today.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sharon I made it to your blog-I still got the red danger danger haha but at the bottom in fine print gave me a link back to you so that was good
    I didn't know if you read Divers comment on my blog post she has a link to norton that will fix this issue.
    I was always getting the red alert on my blog link so I used her link and Norton upgraded my blog to safe.
    I love the cards you made. we got a good soaking of rain too-happy it was warm enough for rain and not snow. Happy T hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sharon- I agree- you did knock this challenge out of the park! So wonderful that you were able to decrease the number of Prima flowers and brads. The WSU decorations are so fun- looks like a cute spot!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's great to use up stash we've had for a few years, especially when it makes a lovely card like this one. Glad to that you god the much needed rain. Jimmy's Egg looks like a great place to eat. Belated Happy T Day , Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.