Monday, February 13, 2023

T Stands for Happy Valentine's Day

 I will tell you happy Valentine's Day, but will have to show you photos of that meal next week.  This week I will show photos of last week's out to eat meal.

We went to Carriage House, in an Amish community in Yoder, Ks.  It was like a mini road trip as it is out of town about an hour away. We were hungry for their wonderful homemade comfort food. I didn't take photos of our actual meal, but of our water for TSFT and of their menu and store.  

The bread is honey wheat, I think and so soft, fresh, and warm!  The butter is cinnamon butter.  So good! Yum!  This is my ticket to TSFT over at Altered Book Lover with Bleubeard & Elizabeth.


The front of their menu; I was amazed that this restaurant had only been around since 1994.  


This tells you about Yoder.  We usually see buggies on the road in the town or in the parking lot, but we didn't see any this time.





My husband had the smoked sausage, (something they are famous for), and I had the roast turkey.  Then, I was totally bad and got fried sweet potatoes!  Oh, my goodness! 


I loved the old photos on their walls and on their menu.





Then we brought home this cinnamon roll.  I compared it to a pie shell so you could see how big one cinnamon roll was.  We had that for breakfast the next day.


And since I love sunflowers, I had to take photos of their sunflowers displays.







I walked today as it was a gorgeous day of over 60!

I met this doggy named Poppy.  She is a Great Pyrenees.  First one of that breed that I have met on the trail.


And there were hearts on the trail!



I leave you with this card.  This is one I made for our granddaughter and sent in a package with goodies for Valentine's Day.



Have a great week.  Thank you for stopping by.  A special shout out to the T gang!  See you next time.

14 comments:

  1. Every time I visit Kathy, my shopaholic friend who lives in Hutchinson, I stop in Yoder and buy one of those cinnamon rolls. They are warm and fresh first thing in the morning and I love them. I have only eaten a meal there once, but the food was excellent. However, I have visited several times to get their cinnamon rolls. I also love their gift shop area you must pass through to get to the restaurant area. Did you see their quilts? They are spectacular and equal to what my grandmother would have created.

    That is a great Valentine for your granddaughter. I bet she loved it. And it was great to see the hearts on the trail, too.

    Thanks for taking us to Carriage House, their gift shop, and their cinnamon buns, as well as your water and bread. Thanks also for taking us on the trail and sharing your Valentine for T this week, dear Sharon. NOW if this will just publish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon. Amish restaurants are the best-ever comfort foods. I was brought up in northern Indiana, my grandparents farm was in the middle of Amish country too. nearby was a large restaurant in Shipshewana Indiana-we would go there for family get togethers. Hard to find not gluten items there for me but I always enjoyed.
    I need to get out an walk-here where I live I am on circle of steep hills-so worry about my bad knee as I get older. Happy T wishes Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you had a nice day out and drive Sharon. Last time I had a meal in an Amish restaurant was several years ago in NY, but the food was wonderful. And that cinnamon roll is huge. I bet you wanted to walk after eating any of that roll. And wow, what nice weather. Have a great VAlentine's Day, T day and week ahead Sharon. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I saw a docu on Yoder sometime here in Germany. And if I´m correct some speak German still.
    Looks all so yummy, and sunflowers always remind me of (the horrible war in Ukraine) my Dad. He loved these and my Mum had his coffin covered in mini-sunflowers...
    Thank you, he is near me seeing this...
    Cute dog. And a wonderful card, happy Valentine´s and T-Day for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that is a really big cinnamon roll lol. Love all the sunflowers too, Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love places that serve warm bread with butter. I could make a meal out of that. That cinnamon roll is _huge_! It could be cut like a pie, I think lol

    Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for taking me to the Carriage House restaurant. It sounds really yummy. Home made bread is the best! Interesting to learn about Yoder.
    And that cinnamon roll is huge!
    I loved seeing the gift shop with all the sunflowers.
    Happy T-Day and Valentine's Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute Valentine's Day card! That cinnamon roll is huge!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful place you visited, I would like to see an amish community one day, and try that delicious food, too. Love the hearts on the trail! Happy T Day, valerie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I did the same for my granddaughters!! Made them cards and sent them a package of goodies... part of the fun of being a grandparent!! I had a friend at work that made HUGE cinnamon rolls and would bring them to work.. YUM!! I spent alot of my growing up years in PA and i miss 'Shoefly Pie' so much!!! alot of the Amish food really.. Great post Sharon! Happy T day! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a wonderful restaurant. Oh my, that cinnamon roll looks awesome. A sweet Valentine you made for your granddaughter. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both of your choices so great and that cinnamon bun is huge! It looks like a great place to visit, the sunflower display looks pretty! Happy T Day, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  13. you are so fortunate to be able to go to Amish stores and restraunts. The food is always so good in places like this. I realloy like your card too. Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You had me at the honey wheat bread and cinnamon butter...YUM! Love the valentine.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.