Monday, February 20, 2023

T Stands for Second Valentine Post

  23 Search me, O God, and know my heart:

try me, and know my thoughts:
24 And see if there be any wicked way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalms 139:23-24


Hello Readers! As promised last week, I will show you our Valentine meals. Yes, we actually had two special Valentine meals last week. That is good because we always celebrate Valentines Day, not just because it is a special day, but because my husband proposed to me on Valentine's Day exactly 56 years ago.  My husband always remembers this because it is also happens to be the 56th Super Bowl.  So as long as he knows which Super Bowl it is, he knows how many years ago he proposed and how long we have been married.  Yes, he is a football fan!

 The first one was at our favorite Italian restaurant, where we had wonderful lasagna & manicotti.   I already ate some of my meal before remembering to take a photo.


  The second one was a special event we were invited to at a local Senior Living facility where we attended a Sweetheart dinner & movie.  It was the most wonderful food, and my photos won't do it justice!  

Our wonderful salad with the most scrumptious raspberry dressing.




Filet Oscar:  the tenderest filet, with crab meat on top and served with asparagus & hollandaise sauce.




Chocolate Mouse



The tables before we were seated:  The ones who wanted it were served wine.  We declined.




We even had music while we were eating.





We sat in front of the fire with our drinks, my tea, while waiting to be seated.



 The craft I will share this week is the technique by Crafty Al on you tube. She shares a sketch every month for what she calls Sheetload of Cards.  This week I got a head start on my Christmas cards using one of her sketches. 


It takes three sheets of 12x12 patterned paper and three sheets of colored cardstock, as well as white cardstock cut and folded for bases.  This sketch made 9 cards.  I added sentiments and ornaments that I already had on hand.  So with this 9, I now have 17 completed Christmas cards done, including stamped sentiments on the inside and envelopes with a little decoration stamped on the outside. Not bad for February 20th.  So if I go for same amount I needed last year, I only have 47 more to go.   I might need more next year, to.  So it won't hurt to make extra.  I have set a goal of 5 a month, but I am ahead.

Thanks for stopping by.  Hi to the T Gang.  Be sure and visit Bleubeard and Elizabeth at Altered Book Lover.  That is where we all meet up for T Stands for Tuesday.  We just share a drink related post on our blogs, so if you have a blog and share something related to some kind of drink you can link to our party, too. 
Stay warm.
See you next time.

14 comments:

  1. Those both must have been wonderful meals. What lovely photos!

    best…mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how your husband remembers your engagement anniversary by the superbowl. Smile. That is a great way to remember and what a fun story too. And not only does your Italian food look SOOOOO good, so does your meal at the senior living center. I ate a few times with my mom at her assisted living and the food was always amazing also. This is a fun post Sharon. I hope you have a great T day and maybe even are able to take one of your walks too. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go, Sharon. You are a card making machine.

    How sweet that you had two Valentine's meals. The last one looks so good. I especially like how they plated the meal. Plating is as important as taste.

    I would have opted out of wine, too. Your tea looks good and I would have enjoyed it if they didn't offer coffee.

    Thanks for sharing both Valentine's meals, one with water and one with tea, as well as your cards for T ths Tuesday, dear friend.



    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a lovely post. The table settings are so pretty and the food looks so good. Ah music during dinner how nice. Have a great day today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow your Valentine's dinner looks lovely, especially the roses and that salad looks delicious. Amazing that you are making cards already but it's a very sensible plan that will keep it stress-free. Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so romantic, it looks like you had such a wonderful time and your meal looks delicious 😊. Loving your Christmas cards too! Happy T Day wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous post Sharon! So much lovely food, and a great restaurant. Have a good week.Happy T day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sweet :) The special celebrations are good, I think. Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! 17 Christmas cards already! Way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great use of one sheet of paper. Your cards look great.
    What a wonderful memory of Valentine's Day. It looks like your meal was delicious!
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fancy Valentine's Day dinner. The tables looked lovely and the food so delicious. Wow! A jump on your Christmas cards. It never occurs to me that I can start making cards before the end of October or November! 😺Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such lovely meals. Especially the second one. The food looks absolutely delicious. Lovely table settings and gorgeous presentation of the food.
    Well done for doing more Christmas cards. I like the idea of that and I will check out the site. I probably have some Christmas 12x12 sheets. I haven't sent out Christmas cards for a few years now. I might send some this year. Who knows.
    I'm sorry I had the wrong video on my blog. I have corrected it now.
    Belated happy T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  13. I laughed at how your hubby remembers the date - my hubby remembers our anniversary in a special way - the month because it was the school holidays, the day number because its the same as his birthday and the year because its an easy one 2000! The food you had on both occasions looks delicious.
    Well done for making such a great start on your Christmas cards. Belated Happy T Day, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohhhh, I really like this set of cards and layouts. I will have to look up Crafty Al! That food looks absolutely delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.