Tuesday, December 20, 2022

T Stands for 'Tis the Season

 9 And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid. 10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. 11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. 12 And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger. 13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,

14 Glory to God in the highest,
and on earth peace,
good will toward men. Luke 2:9-14

'Tis the season!  And it is busy!  I am sorry I haven't been around, but here is what I have been making this month.







I really enjoyed this challenge from Dearjuliejulie.  Here is the challenge:   
LARGE COVER binder ring junk journal! 12 days to build a journal Day 1 - YouTube

To start the season, I went to a class and put together a wreath. Besides, the crafting I have been attending a lot of seasonal events, and decorating, and making Christmas cards, 62 so far, and mailing them and packages, etc.  I also attended a beautiful Cookies and Carols service at our church Sunday night.  A gentleman at our church gives us the history of the carols and we sing them in sets of three.  Besides accompaniment by a piano player, regular organist, keyboardist, one young man played an antique organ. One lady played the saxophone for a couple of the songs.  Then a lady sang "O Holy Night", and we ended singing "Silent Night" by candlelight.

Here is a photo of me with the wreath I decorated:

We will be celebrating more Christmas after Christmas as the weather forecast is for really cold wind chill and maybe snow, so bad for driving.  Our family will come after Christmas.  I wish you all a warm Christmas.

You can check out the other participants if you click on the link.  You could even join us if you post something related to a drink of some sort.
Can you spot mine?  Thanks for stopping by!  I appreciate you.

14 comments:

  1. Good morning, you are always making lovely crafting and art projects-love to see them Pretty wreath too-my Mom would make those from trimmings from the Christmas tree-Happy T and Merry Christmas Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. We’re also not looking forward to the “bomb cyclone” that seems to be on the way here, and is expected to mess with travel in much of the country. I hope you manage to dodge the storms and have a great Christmas.

    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made such a beautiful wreath, Sharon! And your junk journal looks fabulous as well. I wish you a peaceful and blessed Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I spotted your drink! A nice warm drink sounds good right now.. Its a little chilly here.. I have soup in the crock pot.. All your makes are so pretty Sharon. Thank you for showing us what you have been up to.. You may be busy but it seems like a good kind of busy if you know what i mean.. Stay warm! and Merry Christmas my T friend! Happy T day! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your Christmas junk journal looks amazing and is perfect for the holiday season 😊. That's such a lovely photo of you with the beautiful wreath that you made too. Happy T Day wishes and Happy Holidays! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely wreath. Your junk journal looks so pretty, I am doing a JJ challenge too this month but mine looks like actual junk haha. Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So great to see your beautiful and smiling face, Sharon! Pretty wreath and great journal. Sounds like you have been super busy and will continue to be for a while. Stay warm (wish that for me too), have a great Christmas, happy T-day and many, many hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sharon, I made my cookies gluten free by using bobs red mill 1-1 gluten free flour-it is the best gf flour I have used for replacing the wheat flour in most recipes all these cookies worked out really well using that gluten free flour

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look like you've been having lots of holiday fun Sharon. That junk journal looks huge and your wreath is amazing. Doing those fun activities is great way to enjoy the season. I hope you had a super T day, and when you get together with your family, I hope it will be wonderful. Merry Christmas to you. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  10. And now I am the one who is late visiting. I love the photo of you with the wreath you made. You told me you were busy, but you have been super busy. NO WALKING from Wednesday on because I heard wind chills were going to put the feels like temperature from -30 to -40 F. I even turned my heat on!

    Love that junk journal, but it is totally demanding. I would love to see the inside some day.

    Thanks for sharing your junk journal, your wreath, and your Lemon Lift tea with us for T this Tuesday, dear friend. And thanks again for the card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful wreath and junk journal. Loved seeing the requirements for the challenge.
    Happy Belated Tea Day and A Merry Christmas,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  12. The wreath is beautiful and I love your junk journal. All those activities, what a fun way to enjoy the season. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  13. The wreath is beautiful and you look cheerful too. This Junk Journal is great!
    Thanks for sharing all these stuff with us too. Merry Christmas & happy holidays!
    Happy belated T day too…

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.