Monday, December 26, 2022

T Stands for Too Cold!

 9 And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid. 10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. 11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. 12 And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger. 13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,

14 Glory to God in the highest,
and on earth peace,
good will toward men. Luke 2:9-14




 22 degrees, feels like 8!   The sun is shining but still cold!  Our family couldn't come in time for Christmas because of the weather, so are coming today.  Still not fun traveling in this coldness.

I thought I would show some photos of some of the decorations of the season.

Someone decorated the bridge on my trail.


People are so nice to decorate the trail; gives us something to look at as we walk.







Our decorated tables at Bible study brunch.







Last week, I told you about Carols of Carols & Cookies; this week I show you a photo of half the table of cookies.  There was another half.  




And here is a photo of our nativity scene in front of the podium.  Sorry it is blurry, tried to make it closer. 


Here are some pages of the junk journal I showed you last week.

This is last page showing pocket and on the left is a flipflop. It flips open and has journaling pages inside it.



Below is the front inside of cover with double pocket, on the right is one of the clusters.


Below are clusters I made and then put in the journal.



This turquoise envelope is a full-page pocket in this part of the journal.



And, in this part of the journal it is a double tuck. It is sewn in like a page.



I just thought I would show some of the pages as some were interested in seeing them.  There are at least 60 pages so can't show them all.  We will have our Christmas this week, so still like Christmas here. I hope you all have a wonderful week.  I am linking to TSFT over at Atlered Book Lover, joining Bleubeard & Elizabeth.  It is our tea party we have every week. If you post a blog and make a drink reference, you can join in also!  Can you see my drink reference?  Happy T Day to the T gang!  Thank you so much for stopping by; be glad you could do it virtually, because it is even colder since I started typing this post! Stay warm!



14 comments:

  1. Your journal is amazing-very cool elements! That is so nice that people decorated your walking trail-how fun! Happy T

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a wonderful time with your family. Its OK to celebrate Christmas any day, and lucky you to be able to spread out the holiday a few days longer. Your junk journal is so pretty and festive too. Happy T day and the rest of 2022 also Sharon. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun that people decorated along the trail. Your junk journal is awesome. Enjoy your Christmas with your family and stay warm! Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope that your staying warm! The cookies and carols are perfect to celebrate the season and I love your festive journal pages too - so beautiful 😊. Happy T Day wishes, enjoy the rest of the holidays and New Year! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that people decorate the woods, that's so pretty. I love your journal also. You might enjoy the Dephemerember challenge this month and there is also a daily junk jounrnal challenge next month - Junk Journal January. Happy Holidays and Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Christmas is whenever it happens. Traveling has been horrible this year. My brother was going from Spokane, WA to LA and all flights were cancelled. You have some nice Christmas photos and your journal looks wonderful. Have a nice day today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your junk journal looks really good - 60 pages, that's a lot. It has all these interesting little details; it must have been quite some work to create it. I hope it will warm up for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Sharon, I love your journal - fantastic. And the treail looks so pretty. Happy New Year to you and your family. I wish you health and happiness! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  9. There's a teapot on the table at your Bible study. That is probablyyour T-party reference (or even the empty plastic cup).
    I find it really fun that people put decorations along the path that you walk. That's really fun.
    Cookies and carols sounds fun. (and yummy)
    Lovely classical nativity scene.
    Your junk journal is such fun. Well done you.
    I'm sorry to be late but happy T-Day and a happy New Year!,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sharon i enjoy seeing your junk journal ! Very creative! I alter hard cover books.. So i enjoy seeing your ideas.. Stay warm.. We have come out of the freeze and hit 70 tomorrow!! Happy Tday! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  11. Saw your drink ticket at your bible study table (cute table). Fun decorations on your trail too. Christmas can be any time - I told my kids that we can do Christmas any time if they feel they are having to make too many in-laws or grannies happy. I just want the quality time at some time. Great junk journal. It is so detailed and pretty. Happy t-day, Sharon and Happy New Year too. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  12. I apologize that I am late visiting. I can't get my blog POST to load, but I got my blog to load once and now I am afraid to refresh it in case I won't be able to see it at all. Please be aware I am truly honored and sincerely delighted you shared your teapot and glasses with Bleubeard and me for T this Tuesday. I am so grateful for your friendship and fellowship over a drink. Thank you for joining us for T today.

    LOVE the cookies. I am SO hungry right now. Beautiful manger and a great set of junk journal pages. I would love to see it in person, Sharon.

    Bleubeard, Squiggles, and I also want to wish you a very happy holiday and a safe, healthy, joyous 2023.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful decorations! I need to visit the Christmas Market and share, too.
    Thank you for yours!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved seeing your journal pages.
    Looks like a great cookie spread. Yum!
    Happy Belated Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.