Monday, November 21, 2022

T Stands for Junk Journaling & Catch Up #ntrjjc22

1 "O come, let us sing unto the LORD:
let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation.
2 Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving,
and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms.
3 For the LORD is a great God,
and a great King above all gods.
4 In his hand are the deep places of the earth:
the strength of the hills is his also.
5 The sea is his, and he made it:
and his hands formed the dry land.
6 O come, let us worship and bow down:
let us kneel before the LORD our maker.
7 For he is our God;
and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand." Psalms 95: 1-7 KJV




 I don't know how the weeks fly by, but they do.  And now it has been several weeks since I last posted on October 24th.  I have even had a birthday since I last posted!  Our son came to visit for a week!  I finished Julie Dear Julie November to Remember Junk Journal Challenge, #ntrjjc22 Our challenge was to do at least 60 pages; I did 64.  We were challenged to make at least 60 different elements, among which should be a flip flop, fabric flip, pockets, double tuck, fluffy tassel, paperclips, tattoos, edges, antique ribbon closures.  We were to use something pink, a daisy, #8, bling, something that flies, a garden object, something to do with the sky.  We could use anything from our stash, plus, junk mail, unfinished embellishment base, large file card, index cards, envelopes, ink & dauber, stamping stenciling, die cuts, x-tra cardstock, torn book pages, and yarn!  We also have to use at least 6 pages of her digitals.

I made this journal for my own use.  It has charts for my weekly SplitcoastStampers challenges as well as a place to keep track of birthday and anniversary dates of friends, family, and church family so I can send cards. It is a 6 month journal December thru May.

Here is the cover:



The cover is from adhesive backed Fabric Paper from my stash.  I got 12x12 sheets of this years ago from Tuesday Morning.  I have covered several journals with it.  The adhesive no longer works so had to use glue anyway,  I glued it to the paper for the inside with the lace in between the layers.

Inside cover and page one:


That is a library pocket decorated with a stamped die cut panel, colored with Copics.  A triple tag with gold ring and lace is the insert.  The first page is one of her Colorful Daisy pages, which by the way is a digital set I won as a prize for doing another month's journal challenge.  If we finish our monthly challenge, we win a digital set of usually 30 to 60 files, and a live party on you tube.


Here is the fabric flip using a seed bag.



Under the flip is a book page pocket and insert.



I wanted to show you the hidden journal card made with and index card. I will use the card to write down January cards I need to send.



Don't worry, I will not show all 64 pages! LOL  But here is the center of the signature, I just did one signature.  I folded the doily over the binding threads and glued it down as a tuck.  Again, Julies beautiful colorful Daisy digitals.



Last one I will show you is one of my favorite pages with the half page tuck.  The insert is a card I got for my birthday.  You can also see some of the edges and tabs in the journal on the right.




Below are photos of one of our 6-mile walks while our son was here.




We pretty much had the trail to ourselves!



We had finally gotten some rain, so there was water in the creek!


I want to join in with Bleubeard & Elizabeth this week at Altered Book Lover for T Stands for Tuesday.  I hope I can come back after being absent for so long!

Here is a drink I got with a gift card for my birthday.  It was a London Fog with Earl Grey tea.  So good!


Thanks for stopping by.  Happy T Day to the T gang.  For those of you that celebrate Thanksgiving, Happy Thanksgiving.  Be thankful.  I am thankful for all of you. 

15 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

wow that was quite the challenge for your journal-looks really nice and should be fun to use too. Nice photos of your walk-its been very cold here in the 20's but finally a little warm up this week Happy T Kathy

My name is Erika. said...

Your junk journal came out amazing Sharon. I like your choice of those springtime colors too. And you must have been happy to have your son visit . And I love that nice flat walk you do. I get sick of the hills very quickly-smile. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving yourself Sharon. And of course, happy T day. hugs-Erika

Kate Yetter said...

Lovely junk journal. It looks like you have put a lot of work into it.
That tea sounds delicious!
Happy Thanksgiving and Tea Day,
Kate

DVArtist said...

Happy Belated birthday. Hope is was a great day for you. I am so impressed with your journal. I have never made one. Happy TG to you and your family.

Iris Flavia said...

Happy belated Birthday from here, too and a big WOW on the beautiful book!
Happy T-Day!

Valerie-Jael said...

Your journql is FAB*U*LOUS, well done. And happy belated birthday- Happy T Day, too. Valerie

Lisca said...

Wow, that is some journal! So pretty!
Thank you for the lovely Psalm.
A belated happy birthday to you. How nice of your son to come and stay for a few days. And that walk looks really nice. Beautiful fall colors.
Happy T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

Let's Art Journal said...

Happy belated birthday wishes! Your junk journal is amazing, loving the papers and images with the lace and the designs and colours remind me happily of spring 😊. I enjoyed walking with you too. Happy T Day! Hugs Jo x

Divers and Sundry said...

Your psalm reminded me of an article I saw recently that asked how our prayer life would change if we limited our prayers to praise and trusted God to take care of the rest.

Happy belated birthday! What a pretty journal :) That looks like an inviting trail. Happy T Tuesday!

jinxxxygirl said...

Sharon you are always welcome! We all have to take time away for whatever reason. Happy Belated Birthday Wishes! Love your amazing book. Such beautiful , clever things in there! Happy T day! Hugs! deb

Carola Bartz said...

Happy belated birthday, Sharon! Your journal looks beautiful, but wow! you put quite some work in there.

Carola Bartz said...

And I also wish you a happy Thanksgiving.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

My sincere apology for taking so long to visit. I realized I HAD to drag myself out of bed and see what you had offered for T this week. I'm definitely not a very good host, but I want you to know I greatly appreciate your visit and for linking this week. I had no idea it was your birthday. Happy belated birthday, happy Thanksgiving, and happy T Tuesday, dear friend.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Sorry to be so late. After food shopping yesterday I only had time to write my post before going for meal and to see The Lion King at the theatre with my youngest son.
Your journal is wonderful- sounds like a fun challenge! I would love to walk on the trail. I hope you had a fantastic birthday. Enjoy Thanksgiving, Belated Happy T Day, Chrisx

Margaret said...

Your junk journal is fascinating. I can't believe you did 64 pages of that. Amazing.