Monday, October 24, 2022

T Stands Trail Info

 10 Create in me a clean heart, O God;

and renew a right spirit within me.
11 Cast me not away from thy presence;
and take not thy holy spirit from me.
12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation;
and uphold me with thy free spirit.
13 Then will I teach transgressors thy ways;
and sinners shall be converted unto thee. Psalms 51:10-13 KJV


Hello!  We finally have some rain here, and cooler temps, 49 degrees Fahrenheit! Yesterday it was so windy and still in the 80s, that we had fire alerts in our area. So dry! I didn't walk yesterday or today but did the previous three days.  However, today, I am going to show you information about my trail I walk.

First photo is of a sign on the trail with a bit of history.





Our trail even has rules:





And it has a bike station for airing the tires.


And doggie doo baggies and trash can.






This part of the trail is really kept up quite nicely!



And we have sunflowers on the trail.


I met with friends last week at Panera, and just barely remembered to take a photo for this week's TSFT party over at Bleubeard & Elizabeth's at Altered Book Lover.  I was drinking what Panera calls Earl Greyer hot tea.  We also were looking at this book that I may use for our daytime Bible study next Spring.  This author is who was the speaker at the retreat that I went to in September.  She is a very good speaker.



I have been crafting this past week, scrapbooking, card making and other papercraft projects.  I had commented to Iris that I had done a little planner type journaling and she encouraged me to share, even if I am not good at it yet.

I decided I will only do one when inspired, and not worry about doing it every day.  I am doing them in my mixed media 7"x10" journal, so far just on the backs of pages that I have already done.  I actually did this one while watching a video about doing them.  I thought I would use items I forget to use, like a variety of markers, crayons, etc.



Again, I got supplies out that are hidden in drawers; thus I forget to use them!  Gel pens, metalic pencils, distress crayons, etc.  I did use some stamps, the footsteps, the pumpkin & leaves.  The rest is doodling.



 We will see if I continue.  I think it will be fun if I just do it once in a while, when inspired.  I think it would feel too much like a job if I did it on a daily or even weekly basis.  

That is, it today.  Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful week!

15 comments:

  1. I am loving your journal pages. So glad that you shared!!
    The pictures from your walk are interesting. What a great place to walk. You can tell that they want to keep the environment nice for everyone, love that.
    I have never heard of that author but I will look into her.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked reading about your trail Sharon. And nice they have doggie bags. None of the trails around here have that, and you have to bring your own (well if you have a dog). And I like your journal pages. Art shouldn't be stressful, so I think you're smart to only do pages when you feel like it. I hope you have a great T day and week ahead. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. “Rails to trails” is a great program. We have a few miles along an unused right-of-way here, and I wish they would create more. The railroads were so favored in the 19th century that they really received the best scenic routes.

    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures from your trail. Glad to read about its history that dated back to 1885. I like these sunflowers. Your art journal pages are beautiful. I like journaling. But, I still do with lots of writing, no artwork.
    Having a hot tea while reading a book is something that I like to do too.
    Have a Happy T day!
    Amila – www.diaryofanewmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was going to ask if this is a Rails to Trails project. The trail is quite nice, but I am not fond of concrete paths.

    I Love your journal pages. I like how you coordinate them.

    Panera is a great place. I just never go there. Your tea sounds fabulous. Thanks for sharing your trail and its history, your journal pages, and your tea with us for T this Tuesday, dear Sharon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your trail is fabulous, and so well kept, wow! Hope you enjoyed your tea. Nice planner pages, too. Happyy T Day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous trail, and so well maintained for everyone to enjoy 😊. Loving your pages too, so many fabulous drawings and details! Happy T Day! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your diary! Yes, please continue and have a happy T-Day!
    Rain here, too - any my sunflowers are still in bloom as well - to Ukraine. I SO hope for freedom and peace. A second winter like that.... please no. Though. German chancellor said it will take a generation to to rebuild it all. What a sad thing Putin did.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a very nice place to walk or ride a bike. Love that there is an air station for low bike tires. I love seeing your journal pages. Yes, make it fun and create it when inspired. Have a great day today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We're getting rain today, too, and it is welcome here. It's warmer here than there, though. I love redbud trees! I like your no-pressure idea of doing the art journaling only when you're _wanting_ to :) Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your journal pages Sharon, I also watched the scrap summit videos, a bit disappointed that she never put up the closing video, still haven't seen that. Had to laugh when you said you were finally getting rain, we get nothing but rain. Happy to send it your way lol. Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the way the trail has set guidelines for using it. One of the parks we go to has plenty of bins and provides bags too - many of the places here where folk walk dogs don't have bins and we just see abandoned full bags - sometimes- rather stupidly, hanging on trees! I love how you have done your visual diary. Good idea not to do it if you aren't in the mood! Belated Happy T Day, hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your trail really looks like a great place to walk. I love your journal pages. I'd like to have time to do more of that, but not while I'm taking classes. I can barely keep up with card making.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your trail is so nice and well maintained! Love the sunflower and you even have a bike maintenance station- that is so nice! Glad you get out to Panara with friends and the book sounds great! Your journal pages are wonderful, and love how they capture your fun artwork and info about you and your day! What a treasure!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.