Monday, October 17, 2022

T Stands for Pickle Juice

 

 10 Create in me a clean heart, O God;

and renew a right spirit within me.
11 Cast me not away from thy presence;
and take not thy holy spirit from me.
12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation;
and uphold me with thy free spirit.
13 Then will I teach transgressors thy ways;
and sinners shall be converted unto thee. Psalms 51:10-13 KJV


Whaaaat? you ask.  That is right, Pickle Juice!  A friend, a year or so ago, gave me a 6 pack of these little bottles when I was getting leg cramps quite often.    I had drunk most of them right after she had given them to me.  Just last week I thought I had drunk plenty of water, but was experiencing terrible cramps in my feet, legs, and even my hands were cramping terrible.  I remembered this last bottle in my refrigerator and drank it and got relief!  I don't know why, but it worked for me.  So I am sharing this as my drink for the T Stands for Tuesday party over at Altered Book Lover hosted by Bleubeard and Elizabeth.


I think Elizabeth will be amused with my TSFT ticket this week.   She has been missed, although Erika did a fabulous job filling in last week.  We all can't wait to hear about Eliabeth's jury duty adventure! :) 


With the cooler temps, I enjoyed a 4 mile walk 5 out of 7 days last week!  Not a lot of color on the trail yet, but a little:







But mostly still green:


I have found time to craft, too.  I have been working on my heritage album.  Here is a very simple layout using a branding strip for a border and a Hallmark greeting.  I decided to pair the Hallmark birthday greeting to my dad on a page with his baby photo.  I thought that a little bit of history worked well with the heritage album. I stamped the title and punched with a SU! label punch.



Thank you for stopping by.  Have a great week!

18 comments:

  1. That's truly a fun T Tuesday drink, Sharon. If it helps your legs, it's definitely a worthy drink for T this week.

    Nice walk and you have more colors in your area than in mine. Here it's mostly green and brown.

    Nice scrapbook page, too. I loved reading about how the cost of goods had increased. Wish I had made nearly 30 K in '87. Wish I had ever made 30 K in a singe year!

    As I was leaving Valerie a comment, I remembered I had forgotten to let everyone know about the trial outcome. I must have been writing the outcome when you and Mae visited. I've included it now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like pickles. But, I never heard of pickle juice. Thanks for sharing about this.
    Lovely autumn pictures too.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, I wish there was color down here in South Texas. We have Mesquite trees...not much else to say, unless you want to talk about cacti... Pickle juice definitely works. My dad and one of my brothers were always drinking it. I love the comparison over time. Of course, the value of money was different too. Thank you so much for sharing all of your photos and creativity. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pickle juice sounds interesting. I bet it does work with all the salts and pickling spices added. How does it taste though It doesn't sound very tasty. And thanks for the anniversary wishes and also the nice comment about me filling in for Elizabeth. And good for you walking like that. My goal was to get out walking more since it had cooled off, but then what does it do but rain a lot. Oh well. There will be time to walk. have a great T day and week ahead. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is the juice that’s packaged as a beverage different from the juice in the jar of pickles? I can see how a salty, vinegary drink might help with cramping problems, similar to Gatoraide.

    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the beautiful fall colors you see on your walks! Glad it has cooled off enough there for you to take walks! I had to google drinking pickle juice- have had friends tell me this before- it says its the vinegar that is helpful. Bit good if people have high B/P as pickle juice is salty. Quite interesting. Love your journaling page!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes. I thought, whaaaat?! - Followed by "ewwww" ;-)
    I´ll look for that here, too, thank you! We both, Ingo and I, get cramps! They hurt! Mostly magnesium helps, but not always.

    Beautiful trees, and yes, I started training, too. Sitting on the balcony was more fun!

    Great project on your heritage.
    Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never seen pickle juice here but then I haven't been looking for it either. I do like gerkins though and like the liquid in the jar so I'm guessing it tastes similar to that. Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes. I thought, whaaaat?! - Followed by "ewwww" ;-)
    I´ll look for that here, too, thank you! We both, Ingo and I, get cramps! They hurt! Mostly magnesium helps, but not always.

    Beautiful trees, and yes, I started training, too. Sitting on the balcony was more fun!

    Great project on your heritage.
    Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My Mom swore by pickle juice for leg cramps. At that time I looked up why it helps. It isn't dehydration or lack of salt. Something in the juice resets your nervous system. Amazing right? Love the fall photos. Have a great day today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well thats an amazing drink! I haven't seen that product before but i've seen pickle juice shaved ice and frozen pickles.. Not a fan but my daughter is.. Glad it helped you.. No Fall colors here in my neck of the woods in the middle of TX.. The first to change is usually the sumac.. We are having some cooler nights here for a couple nights maybe that will get things started.. Happy T day! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't have leg cramps but sometimes get shin pain. There must be a similar remedy for that...

    4 miles! I'm impressed!

    Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  13. That drink seems to be a wonderful juice, I wish there was something like that here. I hate cramps! Well done on the long walks, the photos are fantastic. Happy T day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  14. The fall leaves look so beautiful, love the colours 😊. Your Heritage album is fabulous. Happy T Day! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pickle juice...interesting. I love pickles but I have never tried the juice. Glad that it helped with your cramps.
    Loving the fall colors!
    I love your heritage album. Very vintage!
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've never heard of Pickle juice but if it works maybe you should stock up! Lovely to see the co in your area- I'll be posting some local pics later on his week. I love yur scrap page. I must get some pages done soon, Happy T Day , hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pickle juice. Learn something new every day. Lovely color on your walk. Nice idea for a scrapbook page what was going on the day you were born. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  18. This drink is interesting Sharon, I also have cramps leg sometimes, it seems it´s because we need to take iron, and here, we eat lentils among other things. Really you have walked a lot, bravo ! Hop you had a very happy T-day.
    Your photographs are very beautiful, thanks so much for sharing.
    I wish you a great Friday, and send big hugs,
    Caty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.