Monday, December 27, 2021

T Stands for Trail Fun


33 "And Joseph and his mother marvelled at those things which were spoken of him. 34 And Simeon blessed them, and said unto Mary his mother, Behold, this child is set for the fall and rising again of many in Israel; and for a sign which shall be spoken against; 35 (Yea, a sword shall pierce through thy own soul also,) that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed." Luke 2:33-35


I hope everyone had a nice Christmas, however you spent it.  We had our daughter and family here for almost a week, so had a lot of family time.  We celebrated Christmas together, went to church services together, played lots and lots of games with each other, and ate lots and lots of meals together.  We also had the privilege of hearing our granddaughter play Christmas music on her violin at our church.

 With the unseasonal temperatures, we were also able to get out and walk the trails.  Christmas Eve, we even went letterboxing at Great Plains Nature Center. It was in the 70s, in December! We found two letterboxes.  If you want to know what letterboxing is, just click on the link to AtlasQuest under my favorite places on my sidebar.  We even carved our own stamp and planted a letterbox of our own on another trail.  It made for a good family project & outing.



 Above is our daughter and grandchildren walking ahead of me on the trail Great Plains Nature Center.




Above is the sunrise this morning as our family left.


I wanted to show all the lovely Christmas cards we received.



And there is the one I received from Elizabeth!  Thank you.  I can't believe you are making cards!  I was so surprised to get your wonderful card.






We apparently have a problem with snail mail and even email!  So, we have found a way to communicate when we can't get together.  I hang my bag on her door,and pick up a bag! LOL
What I found was this gorgeous bag on the door with my Christmas card in it and some Original Elizabeth handmade paper!  My photo did no justice to her beautiful paper.  I look forward to using for mats in my scrap albums, among other things.



I am having a lot of problems with Blogger today.  So, will just go ahead and show my photo for the T party held every week over at Altered Book Lover. T Stands for Tuesday is hosted by Bleubeard & Elizaberh.


Sorry, Elizabeth, but we are not vegetarians.  We ate out Monday before our family arrived on Tuesday.  We love their special: hamburger, fries, and shake- chocolate.  So good!

Happy T Day to all of the TSFT gang.  Thank you to all of you for stopping by.  I guess I should wish you Happy New Year, too.  How can it be?  Take care and be safe.

15 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful Christmas with family. Loved seeing all the cards-and now I want some french fries-smiles.
    Happy T and Happy New Year as well hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so nice you got to spend some quality family time over the holiday Sharon. And I can't believe how warm it is that you are out walking without jackets. At Christmastime too. And I had to look up that Letterboxing as I didn't know what it was. It sounds really fun and interesting. Thanks for introducing me to it. I hope you have a wonderful New Years, T day and rest of 2021. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy T-day and Happy New Year, Sharon. So glad you got some fab family time and your cards are all so lovely. Especially love that you got some handmade paper too. The burgers, fries and milkshakes look yummy. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! Family-fun is wonderful, wish I met mine. I am happy for you and now I do crave a burger ;-)
    To a happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got all caught up in searching for Letterboxing. I see you have shared more than one, too. How awesome. I am glad you did this with your family, because it made for a wonderful adventure. And the weather was PERFECT, too. I was in shorts and a sleeveless top both days Scott was here.

    I loved seeing all the cards you got. I really enjoyed seeing all those handmade ones. You have some crafty friends. Yes, I made all mine and they were all the same. I like an assembly line, unlike you, who chooses to make each one different, individual, and special.

    I'll gladly enjoy fries and a shake with you. Sadly, I won't be eating a burger with you, though (grin). Thanks for sharing your letterboxing adventures with your family, your wonderful cards, and your Braums meal and drink with us for T this Tuesday, dear friend. Have a safe, healthy, and creative New Year, too, Sharon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Christmas visit sounds wonderful! I hope your New Year's celebration is also good.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a delightful Christmas! It sounds like you're having the same unseasonable warmth we're having here. Odd weather. That burger looks delicious :) Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful Christmas with family. What more could you ask for. Happy New Year coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So nice you could spend Christmas with your family. Sounds like it was a lot of fun. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd never heard of Letterboxing. It sounds like fun. Actually there is something similar here called Geocaching.
    Great that you had such lovely family time and it was good to see your grandchildren, all grown up it seems.
    What can I say about the food. It's fast food and it is conquering Europe too now. I won't eat any burger I have not made myself and I don't like to eat processed food, so that counts me out. But the kids love it I know.
    I love your cards. They are very beautiful.
    Happy (belated) T-Day,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you had fun with the family. I'd never heard of letterboxing either. Warm Winter Wishes and Happy T Day Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New Year!!!
    So glad you were able to visit with your daughter and family! How awesome to have a 70 degree Christmas day! What a great week, love your card display- mine is not there yet it seems..... and love that delicious looking burger!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So special to have family visit Sharon and glad you all managed to get out and have fun. Wow that sunrise is awesome. You received a lot of beautiful cards. Happy New Year dear friend. Hugs. Keep safe

    ReplyDelete
  14. How wonderful to be able to spend time with family during Christmas. I love how you displayed all of the beautiful cards you received. Thank you for sharing your beautiful experiences with us all. Happy New Year! Stay Happy and Healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like you had a great Christmas with your family. It sounds like my Thanksgiving with my family in California that I got to visit after two years. We did a lot of sightseeing and fun activities. Christmas was quiet with my family here in Texas getting together for a dinner and opening gifts and then playing Jackbox TV games. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.