Monday, December 20, 2021

T Stands For Time For VSN!

"And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. 11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord." Luke 2:10-11


Welcome to my blog today!  I had a crafty week-end, Zooming with craft buddies and participating in SplitcoastStampers' Virtual Stamp Night, or VSN for short!  We Zoomed while we were making our cards for the challenges.  I will show you a few I completed.  I tried to do Christmas cards because I still needed them.  As of today, I hopefully sent out my last three!

Our theme was Let The TV Be Your Guide.  Each challenge was tied into remembering something about a tv show or just tv.  For example the cardingal card to use a bird, was remembering Barretta.  remember, he had a cockatoo on his shoulder sometimes and the theme song was "Keep Your Eye on the Sparrow".  Do you remember that?  I had forgotten about that show!  "McGuyver It" was the one to use the Washi tape.  Fun ideas for challenges.  Check out VSN on SplitcoastStamers if you are interestted in doing the challenges.  You have until December 29th to do them and post them.

Our challenge here was to use Washi tape.

Our challenge here was to use snow.  This was inspired by Gilmore Girls- "I smell snow."

Our challenge here was to have a scarf, or hat, or mittens on our card.  I had them all. We were inspired by the iconic opening scene of The Mary Tyler Moore Show where she tosses her hat up in the air. 
Our challenge was to have a bird on our card.

We were to use houses for the Mr. Rogers Neighborhood  Challenge,


This card was inspired by the TV show, "The Golden Girls"

This was inspired by the fact that the first TVs were black and white. I plan on using this for an anniversary card for some friends the last of this month.

That is what I have been doing.  Now for my beverage tie in for the T party or TSFT over at Altered Book Lover.  Elizabeth and Bleubeard hosts it every Tuesday, or late Monday, because it is already Tuesday for some of our bloggers.  So, sit down and have a sip of your favorite beverage and join us.

Wewent to Copper Oven again recently, one of our favorite local Mom & Pop places.  I forgot to take photos of the food but got one of our waters and a couple of their decor. 



I like this little man on their wall.

Thank you for stopping by.  I want to wish you a Happy T Day.  Also, I will wish you a Merry Christmas!

16 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon, what a fun way to make up more Christmas cards by using different themes. and makes them all different too.
    Merry Christmas and Happy T hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards! I hope you have a great Christmas.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made lovely cards - I like them all. Nice idea to zoom with each other while making the cards, I bet that's double the fun. Have a peaceful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh what fun and creative card projects you have done for the challenges Sharon! I do remember those shows;)
    Happy T day, and a Merry Christmas too!

    ReplyDelete

  5. Those cards required lots of thinking. AND lots of stamps. I would never have made it. In fact, I had never heard of several of those shows. Of course I have heard of McGyver, though. You did a great job with this challenge, dear.

    Ironic I took Sally to Copper Oven on 13th recently, but I didn't see any walls like that. Sadly, I didn't have my camera with me, so Sally tried to take a couple of photos with her phone. They mostly turned out bad.

    Thanks for sharing your cards and your restaurant water choice with us for T this almost Tuesday, dear. I hope you have a remarkable Christmas and your family arrives safe, too. I apologize that I actually forgot to share your card for T this almost Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love them all! And what a fun idea to connect like that. I just learn it on the job.
    The restaurant looks very inviting - to a happy T-Day and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy T Day, have a great week. Your cards are fabulous. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Xmas cards Sharon. Merry Xmas to you and your DH too. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cards came out beautiful Sharon. I'd forgotten about Beretta too. Isn't funny how different shows stick out in different peoples minds? The Copper Oven looks like a beautiful place. Mom and Pop restaurants are often the best. I looks so exotic inside, and fun. I hope you have a wonderful T day and joyful Christmas filled with peace. Oh and you asked how close I was to Skowhegan, Maine where your son is. That's probably about 2 1/2 hours away. Maine s so much bigger than the other New England States, but not as big as Kansas most likely. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  10. They've done a wonderful job with their restaurant decor. I imagine it's a fun place to eat.

    Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great challenge. Your cards are just delightful. If I had to pick a favorite and that's a hard challenge, I would choose the cardinal as the cardinal reminds me of my parents. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh gosh yes, I do remember Baretta. That certainly dates me.
    Your cards are great and so much more fun with a challenge.
    Greetings from sunny Spain,
    A blessed Christmas and a very happy and healthy 2022.
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sharon these are all so lovely. Each one with it's own character. Have a wonderful evening.

    ReplyDelete
  14. All fun shows and fun cards, Sharon. The themes sound super! I know you had fun zooming - I had a lot of fun that time I was able to zoom with you, Joyce Ann and Jayne. Getting out is fun too. Merry Christmas and happy T-day. I appreciate all your sweet posts and updates on your life! Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun challenge and you made some lovely cards. Festive Wishes and Happy T Day Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.