Monday, August 30, 2021

T Stands For Time For the T Gang

 Romans 1:16  "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation  to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek."


Good afternoon!  Another hot day in Kansasland!   However, I still managed to get in  a walk early enough to get home by nine, before it was too hot! On my walk this morning I noticed sunflowers beside the trail and  I thought of Nicole  as she told us last week the wind blown down  her sunflowers. So that thought inspired my Blog, today.

 For those that don't know, Kansas is the Sunflower State.  It is our state flower.

 I saw these on my walk and had to photograph them.  Someone must have planted them along our rail to trail.  After I started thinking about it, I wondered if they were black eyed susans. I looked up online and sunfowers have bigger leaves, like in my photo and tend to be taller.  These were over 6 feet tall.  So, I think they are sunflowers.




Here is a photo of  what are definitely sunflowers.  This was from a road trip through Kansas near Tallgrass  Prairie National Preserve in 2016..








Here are some better photos than I could take from the internet of sunflowers in Kansas.



I think sunflowers are beautiful.  One of my favorite flowers.

And since this is supposedly a craft blog, here is a Z Fold Sunflower card, (keeping the theme).  This is one of the cards I made for our Dare To Get Dirty Challenges on SplitcoastStampers earlier in the month.  The papers are Stampin' Up.  I used a pierced rectangle die to cut the one panel.  I added a sticker flower and stamped the sentiment which is River City Rubber Works.  I sure miss that company.  They were right here in Wichita.


And here is a photo of my Sunflower Tea pot, which I had to look for.  I was afraid for a few minutes that I had given it away when we downsized!  This is for my ticket to TSFT where we post something drink related on our post in order to join Bleubeard & Elizabeth over at Altered Book Lover for T Stands For Tuesday.  Some of us post on Mondays because it is already Tuesday over seas where some of the T Gang are.


I hope you enjoyed this Sunflower Post.  Thanks for stopping by.  Have a wonderful week!

19 comments:

  1. I love your sunflower inspired blog post today, dear Sharon. Several years ago, they bloomed in my yard. I was told they are wild sunflowers and yes, they are sunflowers, just not the kind we are most used to.

    That's a beautiful teapot and a great vignette. Thanks for sharing this amazing sunflower post with us, along with the lovely sunflower teapot for T this almost Tuesday, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunflowers are just gorgeous and really say late summer, don't they? I love seeing those prairie fields. I've seen them once in Colorado along the side of the prairie. I'm with you about River City Rubber Works. They had the best stamps. Lots of those good old companies are gone now, sadly! I also love your teapot too. It is really perfect for T. Hope your day is wonderful Sharon. Happy T day. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love sunflowers - my favorite flower. Love all your pictures. mA farmer near here plants acres of them and people come fron miles around to take pictures. How funny we both used River City Rubber Works stamps on our creations this week. Love your happy card with the cool fold. Happy T-day Sharon and many hugz.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos -- I love sunflowers. I like when people hang one on a fence or wall, and let the birds eat the seeds.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sunflowers are wonderful, it's a great choice as state flower. We have lots of sunflower fields here, too, I love walking through them. Great sunflower themed post, a lovely choice for this grey and cols day here. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. My Dad loved these and my Mum had his coffin covered in them.
    Happy T-Day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great post! Sunflowers are lovely. I think everyone love sunflowers. The ones in your photo are wild sunflowers. Their stems are not so strong as the cultivated variety. It is so uplifting to see a whole field of sunflowers. I've seen them in France a lot when we traveled through.
    And your teapot is gorgeous.
    PS I didn't know the sunflower was the Kansas State Flower.
    Happy T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful post. Love the sunflowers, and your card is lovely with that pretty sunflower paper. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Sharon this is a fabulous post. Thanks for thinking of me too. I didn't know your state was the Sunflower state. How nice. I have grown quite fond of the plant. These photos are amazing. What a sight to see in real life. Your T-pot is just too cool. I love it. Very artful card too. Really, a delightful post. P.S. Mr. M got my 10 to 12 foot sunflowers tied up. I am so happy for that. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sunflowers are such happy flowers 😁. Your photos are beautiful, what a lovely place to visit! Happy T Day wishes! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely post! Like you I love sunflowers (and those first images are definitely of sunflowers!) and still remember the vast sunflower fields in Turkey. This amount of warm, frienldy yellow just has to make to smile! Your card is beautiful and good thing you didn't give away that teapot!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow I've never seen so many sunflowers in one place - that is amazing! Thanks for sharing these photos. My neighbour is growing sunflowers in her garden at the moment but there are only 5 or 6, amazing to see whole fields of them in flower! Happy T Day Elle xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's hard not to smile with all those lovely sunflowers. Beautiful!!
    Love the cards that go along with the theme.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a happy post! I love all the bright yellow ~ you can't help but smile :) I love your card and the sentiment is perfect for a sweet thinking of you occasion. I'm glad you kept your pretty teapot too ~ Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sunflowers are are impressive and come in so many varieties and colors. Your sunflower teapot and dolly are both very cute. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sharon I so enjoyed your theme today on sunflowers. I love them too. I always say that blue is my favourite colour but for some reason I gravitate towards sunflowers and their colour. I didn’t know that the sunflower was your State emblem. Those ones you are stood next to are very tall. I don’t think I’ve seen them that large. Beautiful. I love your teapot and doll. Thank you for a great blog. Happy Tuesday. Hugs from Oz

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the pictures of the sunflowers, they are so bright and colourful! And so tall! Your tea pot and little doll are beautiful! Happy very late T day and a happy Thursday too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love sunflowers - my favorite flower

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous sunflowers! I love your Z-fold card. I think I have that DSP from SU. Thank you for sharing. I wish I had more time to get back on SCS. I missed DTGD this year. I think I may have made only one or two cards. Maybe, I can catch the next challenge. Say hi to all.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.