Monday, August 9, 2021

T Stands For The Temperature is Hot!

 One of my favorite Bible verses KJV Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.



 Oh, my goodness!  It is hot!  Next three days will be in the 3 digits! That is in  Fahrenheit degrees.

So, I have tried to walk early, but really am not motivated.  Thankfully, our home is cool and we can just stay inside!  So, it is a good thing that I like to paper craft!  I have plenty to do inside!

 I have been busy with Dare to Get Dirty on SplitcoastStampers. I will show you some cards I have made so far for the challenges.  But to find out what the challenges are you have to be a Fan Club member, because these special challenges are for the Fan Club members, their treat for being Fan Club members.

This card was for a challenge by Julee Tilman.  I am doing Christmas cards for as many of the challenges as I can.  I used paper from  a retired   Stampin' Up 6x6 pad. The houses were cut out one sheet of the paper.  I layered on Cherry Cobbler card stock by Stampin' Up.  The Merry Christmas is stamped and die cut using a Fun Stampers Journey stamp set.  Fun Stampers Journey is out of business now, but I loved their items.


This card was made with vellum and alcohol inks, and then embossed.  The die cut was a gift.
I added lacey trim on the edge.


  I love working with stencils. I used a TCW mini Daisy Cluster Stencil, and a mixture of molding paste, radient pearls & metalic acrylic to make the background.  Then added the gifted die cut label and the Happy Birthday  die cut and some sequins.




I enjoy all the challenges because they make you use supplies you have and also to use techniques you have bought those supplies for!  I don't know about you , but sometimes I just get in a rut and use the same stamp sets all the time, same colors all the time, and forget about doing special folds and techniques.  That is what I love about the DTGD Challenges, they get you out of your box!  I invite you to come play Dare To Get Dirty with us!

Last week it was a little cooler so we went out to eat and went to PF Changs for the first time ever.  Great food, service and atmosphere. I forgot to take photos of the food or drink, but remembered once outside to get some photos.

Nice fountain out back.  It would have been nice to walk around the little lake or pond, but hubby can't walk much yet. Still using his cane and just goes where he has to go.


I took  photo of my tea once I got home and of our fortunes.  Apparently the happiest years are ahead of us.  We have had some pretty happy ones already. :).



Hi to the T Gang.  I am linking to  TSFT  party at Altered Book Lover, where Elizabeth hosts all of our blogs. 
Thanks for stopping by!  Thank you for all who take time to comment. Love knowing who has stopped by.







16 comments:

  1. Please... send some temps over, it´s way too cold here.
    Christmas already? Yesterday I saw 2022-calendars in the shop. Why are people in such a hurry?
    Chopsticks are out here, too :-) YUM.
    Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon, you have made some beautiful crafted pieces, love them. And the world would be a better place if people followed that Bible verse! Your trip to Chang's looks wonderful, glad you have lots of happiness to come! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sharon, great cards, I like the DP you’ve used on the Christmas card, it’s very pretty, sometimes it’s good to try something new or be reminded of something we’ve done before and using stash and things we already have is always good.
    It’s too hot to walk far here too, too many people to dodge!
    Happy T day
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree it is hard to get motivated to walk when it is so hot. This summer has been a tough one with the heat for us here in new England also. But your Christmas card and thoughts of December certainly can make you think its cooler. Smile. Loving your cards, and your mug and fortune cookies is a great photo. Hope you have a wonderful T day Sharon. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharon, your cards are pretty! I was able to do a few Saturday, but then ran out of time. The challenges are super fun! I am a big PF Changs lover, but they got rid of my favorite dish and it hasn't been the same for me (shrimp with candied walnuts and honeydew mellon balls). Still a good place though. Hoping for the best years in the future for you!!! Hugz and happy T-day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely to stay inside nice and cool when it's hot outside 😁. Then add crafting and I'm in heaven, your cards are gorgeous and it looks like you found a lovely place to eat! Happy T Day wishes! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful cards! I love how you used the coordinating patterned papers on the Christmas card. Love your coffee/tea mug. Happy T day- hope you can stay cool during our heat wave:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely cards. It has been hot lately here as well. I too am thankful for AC as it makes for better sleeping.
    I like P.F.Changs and it has been ages since I went to one. Sounds like you enjoyed it.
    Stay Cool.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm enjoying this HOT weather, but it makes it hard to walk outside. I've been to P.F. Chang's, though I'm not sure there's still one here. The food was wonderful. I always get a kick out of fortune cookies. I'd be putting yours up on my fridge :) Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wrote this long message and hit a wrong letter and it all went away. Just POOF!I'm having a Natl. Night Out Block Party tonight. The hostest night of the year and I have to do this. I'll be mad if no one shows up.

    I love your cards. The birthday card die cut is a bit similar to the dies I bought.

    I've never been to a PF Changs here in Wichita, but I did got to one in KC once. I remember they were overpriced even for KC prices. Love the outside of the restaurant, though.

    Loved your tea and your adorable mug. Nice that you shared your fortunes with us, too. Thanks for sharing your cards you made as well as your trip to PF Changs, along with your tea for T this Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely post. I simply love your art. Your photos are wonderful too. Stay cool over there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh your cards are lovely. Such a good idea to make as many christmas cards as you can. It gets you ahead of the game.
    The restaurant environment looks beautiful. Was it a Chinese restaurant? (fortune cookies)
    Happy belated T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  13. You’ve been making some awesome cards Sharon for DTGD and I agree it does help you to use different stash. I love the techniques. You can send some heat my way. Happy day and hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. The cards are fabulous. I love the fairy one as it looks like one of the new garden stakes in my garden. I've never been to a PF Changs but have bought their frozen food from the grocery store. Yummy! Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful DTGD cards- I love all three, but partial to the one with AI and the fairy die : ) I agree that the challenges get you using supplies that have been long neglected! Ohh, I love that restaurant- and only visit on occasion because we do not have one close by. Hope you enjoy your pleasant surprise and so nice to look forward to even happier years ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful cards! I so want to play along and get dirty. Unfortunately, I am so limited. I have only made one card. I do have a week, but...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.