Monday, August 23, 2021

T Stands For Hot Again!

 One of my favorite Bible verses KJV Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.


Hello!  We are boiling hot here, 98 pushing 100 F. We, however went out to eat and to the pharmacy.  But, now back in our nice cool home.  I also walked early this morning, my 4 miles on the Redbud trail.  Got home before nine, so before it was too hot, but still humid, 34% humidity.  We have a great breeze here, so we are grateful for that!

I am sorry I missed our tea party last week, but was busy with the last week of our Dare To Get Dirty Challenges over on Splitcoaststampers.  I did finish 42 cards for 49 challenges.  I guess I am loosing it.  I used to be able to get them all done in a week!  But the good news is I now have 6 more Christmas cards, one Halloween card, 16 birthday cards, of which one is a shaker, 4 are masculine, and one is a  slimline card.  I have one sympathy card, 2 anniversary cards, and 15 cards that can be whatever I want them to be!  Oh, and one art type journal card that I can either make into a card, or put in a junk journal or use in a scrapbook!  I used so many different techniques, too; from smooshing, stenciling, teabag art, napkin art, watercolor, to name a few!  

Here is a photo of all except the journal card:



And the journal card:  I used assorted Memory Mists sprays for the background, assorted stamps, modeling paste, water color, metal pieces, and a scrap, and stamped at sentiment and punched it with an oval punch, and layered on a scrap of lace.  I hadn't used the sprays for years, and the prayers were clogged so only used the ones that weren't clogged.  I will have to get some new sprayers, because I tried to wash to unclog, and that didn't work! LOL  These sprays are still good, and were bought years and years ago at a stamp show.



Now, my ticket for Bleubeard & Elizabeth's T Stands For Tuesday party! This is one of my Dare To Get Dirty Challenge cards.



Wishing everyone a great week!  Happy T Day to the T Gang!  Thank you for stopping by.  I hope you found a little inspiration.

16 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your hot weather. I'm not sure where you are -- could be a lot of places, except the ones where it's raining!

    I like your bunny in a teacup.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the hot weather is no fun. Well done on that many cards!! I can't imagine making that many in one weeks time. It sounds like fun but exhausting.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at all those beautiful cards. I am really impressed Sharon, even if you didn't get quite all of them finished. And that is an adorable card for T. I love that little bunny. You definitely have hot weather, but 34% humidity seems low compared to what we have. With this storm we are at 92%. But saying that, hot and humid is uncomfortable no matter what level of humidity you have. Nice of you to get your walk in. Stay cool. And have a happy T day. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Sharon, you make me feel like a slacker. I enlarged your page and saw lots of die cuts (I'm on a die cut kick), the birthday and Christmas cards, stenciling, and your smoosh technique. They are all incredible. I bet you had to clean your craft room before you took the photos (grin).

    I also have some of those spray inks that don't spray. I have found the ones that clog the quickest are the ones with the mica powders in them. I use a straight pin to clean out the nozzle. It doesn't always work, but it does at times.

    I adore your bunny in a cup card that you made for T this week, Sharon. Thanks for sharing these clever cards with us for T this almost Tuesday, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot to mention it was 100 F at 5 p.m. and 97 F at 7:30. According to KSN at 5 and weather channel at 7:30.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, lucky you!!! 51F here. "Summer"?
    Wow, that sure are a lot of beautiful cards! And that bunny!
    Happy T-Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor you, I know what it's like this hot weather. It's still very hot here. 34% humidity is not humid. That is lower than here (39%) and I live in an arid climate. (Perhaps your weather station needs new batteries)´
    Boy, you have been busy! Lots of lovely cards!
    I love your rabbit in a tea cup. So cute! Such a sweetie.
    Happy T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all those card you made Sharon, wow! I could never have got so much done on one weekend! And the T day card is gorgeous. Look after yourself, sorry it's still so hot. Happy T day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, Sharon, you did so many cards! I think I got 7 done. I may still try to do a few more as some of the techniques were very cool. I loved the challenge you hosted too. GREAT job with all the cards and especially the journal card and that cute little mouse in a cup. Fun post and sounds like a fun week you had as well. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! It's been hot here too ~ You must have good AC in your craft room to get all those cards completed! Well done ~ I hope to get into more challenges again too soon. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's in the upper 90s and humid here, too, and I haven't been walking like I'd planned *sigh* Maybe tomorrow...

    That's a lot of wonderful cards! Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many amazing cards! I love the sweet-tea one with the adorable bunny in the cup - perfect 😁. Wishing you a very happy T Day! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your cards are amazing and look like a display in a stationery store. The T-Day card is adorable and I love the pun. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  14. Would love some hot weather with now wind. Lovely cards. Have a nice day today.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! That's an achievement- and you have lots of choice of cards all ready to send! Love that cute bunny! Happy T Day, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sharon loved all of your work for DTGD and the postcard art. I managed to do all but 9 I think. Keep cool and safe. Hugs from Oz jx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.