Friday, July 2, 2021

Second on the 2nd & Tag Tuesday

 "Let my mouth be filled with thy praise and with thy honor all the day." Ps. 71:8

Hello Dear Readers.  I thought I would join Bleubeard & Elizabeth  for the  Second on the 2nd today over at Altered Book Lover.  I will show you  a past  post for a second time. But, first I will show you my Tag for the Tag Tuesday Challenge.  Valerie challenged us to do a vintage tag.

Mine started with this treated tag  from Artful Illusions/Mrs. O'Leary's.  Then I tore and inked up a digital image from Scrapbooking With ME.  I have watched her on you tube, and like her style.  I then added words and butterfly from Tim Holtz, inking both.  I added a scrap of lace, Nuvo dots, and some inked up canvass ribbon.




I haven't done a Second on the 2nd for a while, and am not sure how to do it.  Copy and paste?  I will try that here goes:

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Butterflies Are Free

A few weeks ago on my WOYWW post I indicated a box  on my craft area that had butterflies in it.  My Blogger friend Brandy sent them  to me.  It included about 40 butterflies of different colors and different cuts. I thought I would show you today two more cards that I made with the butterflies.   I thought they were all so lovely and lacy, I just love using them on my cards. They made these cards easy! Thanks Brandy! :)

Submitted to QFTD184 & AOCC13 Challenges
    I needed this card unfortunately for a friend this week.   I used SU! Thoughts & Prayers set.  I used Spellbinders oval and lacy oval dies.  I made clouds by punching a scalloped circle and sponging around it, a trick I learned from one of SCS friends. :)  The cardstock is SU! Baja Breeze & Close to Cocoa, & Whisper White.   The ink is VersaFine Vintage Sepia, ( my favorite go to ink pad).  I sponged with Baja Breeze.  Then I  used pearls on one of the butterflies that Brandy so wonderfully cut and sent me! :)


Submitted  for QFTD182 & AOCC13 Challenges




I made this birthday card for a dear friend.  Just gave it to her this week.  I ran the white through with a EF, and layered on Tempting Turquoise.  I stamped it with sentiment from Elegant Greetings from SU!  I just happened to have ribbon that matched the butterflies! :)  Really, the four butterflies are the stars here!



I wish you all a great week-end!  Hope you get to craft some.  Thank you for stopping by and for your comments!
Hugs!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Both cards are lovely. The butterflies are pretty. You did a good job on those clouds. So sorry for your friends loss.

Jacquel said...

Both of your card are very pretty Sharon! I also LOVE those butterflies that Brandy sent you...they compliment your creations perfectly! Very nice work my friend & TFS!!!!!

Brenda "Disney Girl" said...

The cards are just beautiful! I really like the colors and the embossing folder on the second one. :-)

Well it sort of worked.  I picked a short one from the year I first began a blog.  Here is the link to the real thing if you care to go back and see what my blog looked like back then.  Side bar is different.

Thank you for stopping by today.  Have a wonderful 4th of July if you are in the USA.  





9 comments:

  1. You made it, Sharon. This is a simply amazing tag. Mrs. O'Leary's art techniques (tag) get around. The background color is really nice. I especially love the lace you chose. Seems, after reading your complete post, you still have a love of butterflies. That one goes well on that tag.

    Obviously, I didn't know you in 2013, so this is definitely a first look for me. You treated the sympathy card with dignity and it is beautiful. It is timeless, which makes it all the nicer. The birthday card is beautiful, too, I love the texture you got, too. Thanks for sharing this great entry as your second look on the 2nd, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Sharon, and for me, they are a first few. Your tag for Tag Tuesday is just gorgeous too. Have a wonderful July 4th weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your beautiful tag, and really love your butterfly card as well. It is shocking that it is almost 10 years later and your cards are timeless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tag is wonderful, you made me very happy by linking it to Tag Tuesday, thanks so much! Beautiful cards, too, sorry you lost a friend. Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful Vintage tag - I really must get on with making one! I have lace waiting on my desk but we went off on an adventure again yesterday!
    I love that you also went back to 2013 for Second on the 2nd! Both cards are beautiful, sympathy cards are so difficult to make. Love the embossing on the birthday card! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowza! Your tag is beautiful and amazing! Can you imagine wearing those long dresses today in these heat waves we have been experiencing? Of course, I say this as I walk around in my shorts which were unheard of back then. As for the things from the past, I am all about change and Thank the Lord, we do grow, learn, and CHANGE comes about from our experiences. Thank you so much for sharing, Sharon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Sharon you've nailed our vintage theme! This is just gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Tag Tuesday.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sharon your vintage tag is beautiful. I’ve been watching Junk Journal videos recently…oh dear…what to create. You know I love butterflies and your cards are gorgeous. Happy Tuesday. Sending hugs from very cold and wet Oz jx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Delightfully Vintage,love it.So happy you joined in with our challenge at Tag Tuesday x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.