Tuesday, July 6, 2021

T Stands For Late To The Party!

 "Let my mouth be filled with thy praise and with thy honor all the day." Ps. 71:8

So, it is still Tuesday in the U.S.  I will show you the latest technique I have learned for junk journaling.  This is called Shape Shifting technique by Julie, Dear Julie. Another name is Stack and Cut Quilt Cards.

 I die cut five of these with Spellbinder labels dies out of printed or patterned papers.  I also die cut 5 blank pieces for the backs.  Stack the five pieces of printed paper die cuts.  Hold them firmly together and cut through all five layers, cutting off  sections diagonally.  Keep the layers of the cut pieces in order and set aside.  Then, on yours bases put together like a puzzle.


I really like this technique and I can use these in a junk journal for pockets or page decorations.  This technique could be used also on cards or art journal pages. Just remember, if you use five die cuts, cut into five sections.  If you use 6, cut into 6 sections.  You can use any die cut, or just a square, anything you can cut into and then put back together like a puzzle or quilt.



Hope you can understand this technique and hope you will try it, too.  

I am here for TSFT over at Bleubeard & Elizabeth's Altered Book Lover.  Come join us!  We share a drink related post and see what everyone is doing. 


And here is my drink related post!  Here is a card I made back in 2018.  The teapot is heat embossed in white.  I did one of my favorite embossing folders.  I used favorite colors Sage Shadow and Night of

Navy.

 

You all warm my heart!  Thank you for stopping by!  Have a wonderful week!  



12 comments:

  1. I like that technique and it's a great way to use some of those smaller rectangles we all seem to hang onto for that perfect moment. I followed your instructions perfectly.

    Your card is beautiful. I can see how useful embossing dies can be. I can also see why that is a favorite of yours. Thanks for sharing your tea pot and tea cup card, along with your beautiful teapot, as well as your lovely shape shifter technique you shared for T this Tuesday, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That technique makes some fun quilted pieces Sharon. I can't wait to see the art you use them on. Thanks so much for sharing. And your T day card is beautiful. I love how you used limited colors but lots of great texture. Hope you had a super T day Sharon. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your teapot card is very cute. The quilt-like card squares are also very nice.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharon what beautiful art and a nice technique. That T-Pot is just gorgeous. Have a nice evening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sharon, sorry I’m late, had a busy, busy day yesterday and it was 38c when we arrived home so what’s a girl to to do but swim!
    I love the technique you’ve shown and what a way to use scraps up too, a beautiful card and I love the colour, I can’t remember seeing it before but it’s a great card for the T party. The teapot is really beautiful, I’m wondering if you still have it as I know you had to downsize a few years ago.
    Happy belated T Day sharon, keep safe
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a great technique! So simple really, but very effective.
    Thank you for explaining. I will definitely be doing that.
    Happy T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool technique, Sharon, I may try it soon. Love your teapot card and teapot too Lovely post and happy T-day! Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty patterns on the junk journal pockets! I used to teach paper quilting years ago;)
    Lovely card and teapot for T day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a wonderful technique- look forward to seeing how you use these pieces! And, love your teapot card : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Genius idea! I am going to have to try this. Love yours and your DSP is beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The quilting cards are a clever way to use up bits and pieces, and they look great. I also like your teapot card with the green embossed background, very pretty. Happy T day Elle xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun and interesting technique. Lovely card and sentiment. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.