Monday, April 5, 2021

T Stands Time for Baking

 "Let my mouth be filled with thy praise and with thy honor all the day." Ps. 71:8


Kate inspired me last week to bake.  For that matter several of the T Gang did!  I decided after seeing Kate's lemon bread or cake last week, to make this lemon Easter bread.  I haven't made anything with yeast for years, mind you!  I used to make this at Easter  when the kids were home.  It takes about 5 hours total.  You mix it up and let it rise for an hour and half, then punch down and let it rise for another 15 minutes, then make two  long snake like pieces, braid together and let rise again!  I didn't remember to take a photo until after the last rise and when the eggs were in right before baking.  Then I took a photo when I took it out of the oven.  You do not cook the eggs before dying.  They cook right along with the bread.  I told my husband if the bread doesn't come out right, at least he will get deviled eggs!

The dying of the eggs:  Why should those with kids be the only ones to have fun?





Before baking with eggs nested in and the egg yolk water brushed on:




after baking cooling: 


And at dinner: It has a real lemony taste, as one of the ingredients is grated lemon peel.  I grated the peel of a whole lemon.  Uhmm...




I hope you all had a Happy Easter.

  Check out the T-Party over at Altered Book Lover where Bleubeard & Elizabeth hosts T Stands For Tuesday every Tuesday.  We all hop to each other's blog and see what we are all up to.  You can join in and link your blog as long as it has something related to a drink in your post.  You can see our cups for my ticket to the party. 


Happy T Day!  
Thanks for stopping by!

15 comments:

  1. What beautiful bread and a labor of love! 5 hours is a long time. I am so glad that you were inspired to bake. I may need to make a bread like this. I am seeing a lot of these breads with dyed eggs and they look like a great centerpiece for Easter.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yum and you sure were more successful with the eggs than my Hubby!
    Happy T-Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Easter bread with eggs looks fantastic, just wonderful. Lemon is always my fave, too! Have a great week, happy T Day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Sharon, that's funny that you made a similar bread to the one I've shown this week, yours looks so colourful too, I thought it was only the Spanish that made them as I'd never seen them until we came to Spain.
    Happy T Day
    Jan S

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and Erika were on the same wavelength. Seems that was a popular way to celebrate Easter. Looks like you had a lovely ham, too. If I ever eat meat again, I would be tempted to eat ham.

    Thanks for sharing your Easter lemon bread and drinks with us for T this Tuesday, dear Sharon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bread looks beautiful Sharon. Interesting about the eggs going on colored but raw. Is that how it is supposed to be done? I don't know because my bread was the first one I ever made with eggs on it. It does make a great centerpiece, doesn't it? I actually like the pastel colored eggs better than the red ones on mine, but I was trying to be authentic. Sounds like you had a nice Easter. I hope you have a nice T day too. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I'd love to try a price of that yummy looking lemon bread! Those eggs looks so amazing and colourful for Easter too - perfect 😀. Happy T Day wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh your bread turned out beautifully! I can just taste that perfectly lovely crisp brown crust and the moist inside.
    I make Easter babkas which have lemon peel and raisins which we love- and it doesn't take 5 hours which is the best part;) Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. An Easter feast! The bread looks festive. Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that bread looks great! What a wonderful center piece! You're the second person that has done eggs in bread. I think you are starting a trend here. I might have to try that next year...
    Your ham joint looks very yummy too by the way.
    Happy T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  11. mmmmmm I can spell the lemon from here. The bread and the whole meal looks fabulous. Have a nice evening.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your bread is wonderful and a lovely Easter dinner, too. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had never heard of this bread before but now I have seen it twice! It looks really pretty on your table! Belated Happy T Day, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness, this all looks so delicious! You made me hungry. I had to grab some cookies real quick. Excuse me, while I eat another...
    O.k., Sharon. I ate like 4 of them...anyway a couple of pounds later, I love your bright colors on your eggs. I can't believe Easter has come and gone. I hope you had a nice one. Stay healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That Easter bread looks like such fun. I'm not much for making yeasted breads. I have a great lemon blueberry quick bread that tastes amazing. Happy Spring.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.