Monday, March 29, 2021

T Stands For Sanded Embossing Technique

 Mark 16:6 KJV  "And he saith unto them, Be not affrighted: Ye seek Jesus of Nazareth, which was crucified: he is risen; he is not here:"


Good evening,  or to some morning.  I really want to share this technique from Splitcoaststampers Technique Challenge today. They have technique challenges every Monday, and lots of tutorials also on the site.   I am excited because you can use up some ugly gel prints with it!  I love to do gelli printing with stencils, and I love using every bit of the paint once I put it on the gel!  Sometimes, I have let the paint get muddy, I think, and that is why some of my prints are ugly.  That is why I love this new to me technique.

I made the card before I thought to show you the steps, so began with another piece just like the first piece so you could see the process.


Here is a piece of the print.  It doesn't look like a stencil was used, it  might have been one that I rolled a golf ball on, so we will call it 3D gel printing.  Ugly, right? LOL



This is the piece after I ran it through my big shot die cut & embossing machine with the Cuttlebug Divine Swirly embossing folder.  Looks a little better, doesn't it?



Looks even better after sanding the raised portions.  Be careful with this step, it is easy to tear the card stock.




The ugly gel print made a pretty good card, didn't it?  I think that I will be using this technique as I have a lot of pieces of gel prints to be used. Or you might just have some pieces of painted background you didn't know how to use.  I will try other embossing folders, too. Stay tuned to this channel and see what I do. :)




Supplies used:  

Recollections white 65lb  card stock.

acrylic paints & Gel plate

Cuttlebug Embossing Folder

Sanding block

Stampin' Up Sincere Salutations stamp for the sentiment.

SU! Rich Razzleberry Cardstock & Ink

SU! flower punch

SU! gems

Gifted die, from Jan in Spain, I think.  Thank you Jan! :)

Glue dots,

Tombow liquid glue

dimensionals

I hope you like the technique and try it.  It was so easy and quick.

  I submitted this project to the Technique Challenge on Splitcoaststampers as well as to CalvinBall Challenges over at ScrapHappy.com.


Since some will be celebrating Easter this Sunday, here is an Easter card for you.  This background was created with alcohol inks on plastic wrap, then aying the glossy card stock  directly on  the inks on the plastic wrap.  Then I just put on some blue cardstock and added some die cuts. 


Here is one that actually says Happy Easter! LOL  The one below is with a digital that I colored with pencils.  It is from The Graphics Fairy.  I layered it on a Seaside embossed panel of Marina Mist card stock.  Both the paper and the embossing folder are from Stampin' Up.


Happy Easter!


Oops!  Here is my ticket for the tea party over at Altered Book Lover hosted by Bleubeard &  Elizabeth.

She calls it T Stands For Tuesday, and we all have a party and show and tell what we are doing all over a cup of tea or coffee or even a drink of water, whatever your choice of beverage is!  Be sure and stop by over there.



These are some of the teas that my sister sent me for my last birthday.  I am drinking the Moroccan Mint green tea today.  I like it.  Happy T Day to the T Gang!

Thank you for stopping by!  




13 comments:

  1. You had fun with that gelli print. I don't think it's very muddy, but I do like how you embossed it. It looks great and your cards are lovely. Have a wonderful T day enjoying all that Tea. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the embossing and then sanding produced an amazing background for your beautiful card. Lovely Easter cards too. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great selection of teas. That ginger one sounds delicious.
    Loved seeing your cards. The embossing and sanding technique makes a great background.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow.
    The second shot is my fav! It´s like... your fingers want to carefully touch it!
    And the Ts!!! I´d be in for the Moroccan, please.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your cards, great technique, too. And enjoy your teas! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sharon, I'm hoping to try that challenge too when I've finished the alpha one.
    I think your gelli print was good and colourful anyway but it ready does add to it when it's embossed and sanded, your card is lovely.
    You've certainly have a few teas to chose from, not my cup of tea but I'm sure you will also be using the packaging too for your craft!!!!
    Happy T Day
    Jan S

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great save on that gelli print! I am not one to pitch stuff in the trash to hastily either.
    Happy T day

    ReplyDelete
  8. No, not ugly! and yet you improved it at every step. Cool techniques, and I love the depth you achieved. What a pretty card :)

    Happy T Tuesday and Happy (early) Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a great technique. I have used it myself, in fact i bought those embossing folders especially for that purpose. Your cards with this technique is beautiful.
    The other cards too actually. The card with the swan is beautifully coloured.
    What a lot of wonderful teas! Moroccan mint is delicious.
    Happy T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great tip -playtime tomorrow! Your cards are beautiful - I love the swan especially! Tea seems very popular today but I shall stick to my coffee, Happy T Day, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving how you transformed that gelli print, the embossing folder and sanding look so amazing! I may have to try this technique myself ...lol 😉. So many teas to choose from too, I'll try the Sunny Orange Ginger please. Thanks for the inspiration and wishing you a very Happy T Day! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing the technique. A great way to recycle and reuse artwork. Great selection of teas, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay! Don't know how but all of my comments from way back are now all there! Have a Happy 4th July, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.