Monday, March 22, 2021

T Stands for Teapot Card From 2010

 "Let my mouth be filled with thy praise and with thy honor all the day." Ps. 71:8


Good evening!  I am posting for our T Stands For Tuesday party over at Elizabeth's Altered Book Lover.

I found  a photo of this card I made in November of 2010!  It is so pretty and I had made it to send to a recipient of our tea party challenge on Splitcoaststampers.  Every Tuesday, apparently for 11 years, we send a card to someone who needs encouragement of some kind. I was even a recipient last year when I broke both my wrists and had to have surgeries on both wrists. I decided to share this pretty card with you today as my ticket to the party.  I don't even remember how I made it, but looks like a lot of heat embossing with gold.


This week we went to the art museum, and I only took one photo!



My husband with his mask on. The museum had opened back up and had a free day to celebrate.  People were still wearing masks, of course. There were very few people in the galleries.  Usually when we were in a gallery, we were the only ones.



The above is for Elizabeth.  I found a mural!  It is the back of Chateau Gifts & Flower Preservation.
I just happen to see it when we were getting out of our car, so I took a photo.  I actually thought I took 3 or 4 photos of it.  That is my luck with a camera! LOL   It was adjacent to the parking lot the hamburger place where we ate after our visit to the art museum.


As the front of TJs is on a busy street, we park in back and enter that way. This is one of our favorite places to eat.  Of course I forgot to take photos of our food or drink.  We split a Chili Cheese burger and fries, and had frosty mugs of root beer.  Delicious!  Sorry to the vegetarians, and glutton free people. 
We then got refills of our root beers for the road.



I have posted before their great photos of nostalgia that are on their walls, but this one caught my attention on the way out this time.  As we hadn't done much in over a year, this was quite an outing for us.  

That is all I have this week. I have crafted a lot this week, but my scrap pages have too much information on them to post publicly. I am still doing the CalvinBall challenge through ScrapHappy.com.  

Thanks for stopping by!  Happy T Day to the T Gang.

14 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon, great to see what you’ve been up to, lovely to have an outing and lunch together, we still have to wear masks everywhere!
    Your teacup card is pretty, lovely colours.
    Happy T Day
    Jan S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon, glad you were able to get out again and visit a museum. Love the beautiful card you showed today. Great mural, too. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a beautiful tea cup. It shows how timeless some designs truly are. Looks like a LOT of heat embossing. I wonder how you made the lace. It was amazing.

    Nice you got out and went to the art museum. I had to laugh. YOU are the scrapbooker and I don't even know how to scrap, but you took ONE photo and I would have shot at least 100, which is about what I take every time I go out and about or take photos of my art.

    That's a fabulous mural. I'm still finding the ones in the north end of town, but I will look for this one as soon as I find an address. I suspect it is on or near Douglas.

    So glad you showed where you ate, even if you didn't show the mugs of root beer, my very favorite beer!!

    Thanks for sharing your card, your day out, and your trip to TJ's for T this Tuesday, dear Sharon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card! I love the soft pink colours with gold embossing powder - so elegant 😀. Hope you had a lovely time out and about! Happy T Day! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete

  5. Both wrists. Oh, how helpless is one with that? Broke my right arm and that already was hard.
    Hmmm, burger. Another hard lockdown over here.

    Cool last pic. My parents drove a boring VW Beetle...
    Happy T-Day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sounds like you had a wonderful day out Sharon. Those are perfect things to do, and it's good to read the galleries were empty. A cheeseburger of any kind is a favorite of mine. That is a beautiful tea card and that is a really nice thing you do with your splitcoast stampers group. I remember when you said you broke both wrists. I bet you are glad they have healed and that is in the past as it does not sound fun at all. Hope you have a wonderful T day. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a pretty card! So nice to visit a museum again and have an outing like that- it must have felt so good despite still having to wear masks (we do too). Beautiful wall mural.
    Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How nice that you were able to get out to a museum and a burger joint. Sounds like you had some yummy food.
    That mural certainly is large and colorful.
    Love your feminine tea card and the embossing is so pretty.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  9. A museum outing and lunch at that burger place would suit me :) I'm looking forward to similar outings, even if I have to wear a mask forever. Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow so nice you were able to go out. Looks like a very nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. the birthday card is so pretty. Nice that you were able to go on an outing. Taking one photo shows you were really in the moment and enjoying your activity. Chili cheese burgers, fries, and root beer sounds sooo good. I think I'd like TJ's, too. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous card! We are looking forward to visiting galleries and Museums. It looks as though you had a great day out. That mural is wonderful! Belated Happy T Day, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Museums are still a future joy for us -- we usually go to a lot of them! But not since the lockdown a year ago. I'm looking forward to that.

    be safe... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like the card and the idea of sending a card to someone who just might need it. OMG both wrists. That would be horrible. Great mural. I love the look of TJ's I can imagine how good the burgers are. Nice to have a free day at the museum and we were cool then and hey we still are. Have a nice evening.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.