Sunday, September 2, 2018

Second on the 2nd: Straw Blowing Technique

                                   Phi 4:4  Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice.  

Happy Labor Day Weekend to those of you in the states.  Happy Anniversary to me as September 3rd is our 52nd wedding anniversary!  

I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth over at Altered Book Lover  to celebrate the Second on the 2nd, where we share a blog post for the second time.  I thought it would be appropriate to share the second post I ever did on my blog for the Second on the 2nd!  But I also still love this technique I shared on April 19th, 2013.  

                                          

                 Straw Blowing Technique 

      I have learned another new technique that I would like to share: Straw Blowing.
For this  card:   I cut a piece of glossy paper the size I needed.
I dropped three drops  of one color of  re-inker.
Then I blew on the drops of ink through a straw, indifferent directions.
I repeated this process two more times with two other colors.
I blotted off excess, then rubbed with a tissue.
When it was completely dry,  I  stamped with a silhouette stamp, ( Hero Arts) using Black Memento Ink.
I used these colors: SU! Pool Party, Lucky Limeade, and Island Indigo.
I hope you like this technique as much as I do! 
I was challenged to do this technique on Splitcoaststampers, post #3853.
They provided links to tutorials also. 



I hope you enjoyed seeing the straw blowing technique again, a reminder to me to use it again. It is pretty. Thank you for stopping by! 




4 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary. 52 years is an amazing number. It is 30 for me this year so 52 seems like almost a doubling of my marriage. And I love seeing your straw blowing art. The card is beautiful. I can't wait to see and read about your trip to Maine too. Guess I will have to wait until Tuesday. Which is not so far. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the late visit, but I had company all afternoon and evening. I admit, 52 is a LONG time. From your photo, you look like you must have married when you were about SEVEN!

    I love that technique and most of all, I love the fact you use re-inkers for something other than inking your stamp pads. This turned out to be a beautiful card. I also LOVED the embossing.

    Lightening was brutal for awhile here, but so was the thunder. My friends and I sat on my front porch and watched the storm.By 6:30, everything had passed, though.

    If you8 want to add my T Stands For Tuesday logo to your sidebar, I can show you how. It's really quite easy once you get over the fear that you will delete something important. I promise that won't happen.

    Thanks for sharing this incredible and fun technique and card with us for a second look on the 2nd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, and straw-blowing is always fun. The kids at school used to love it, too, we always had fun together. Have a great week, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic technique, your card turned out wonderful ! A great second look card! Happy 52nd wedding anniversary! How cool is this! And you look so young! I bet this love is a very very good one!
    Stay healthy you both and I wish you many happy years together!
    In our local newspaper last week were a couple celebrating their 75th marriage anniversary! Wishing you all the best!
    Hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.