Friday, April 19, 2013

Straw Blowing Technique

      I have learned another new technique that I would like to share: Straw Blowing.
For this  card:   I cut a piece of glossy paper the size I needed.
I dropped three drops  of one color of  re-inker.
Then I blew on the drops of ink through a straw, indifferent directions.
I repeated this process two more times with two other colors.
I blotted off excess, then rubbed with a tissue.
When it was completely dry,  I  stamped with a silhouette stamp, ( Hero Arts) using Black Momento Ink.
I used these colors: SU! Pool Party, Lucky Limeade, and Island Indigo.
I hope you like this technique as much as I do! 
I was challenged to do this technique on Splitcoaststampers, post #3853.
They provided links to tutorials also. 


11 comments:

  1. Sharon, this is a lovely card! I blog, mostly for myself. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by and for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon, you know I love this card! That straw blowing technique looks like such and awesome way to make a gorgeous background! I love the silhouette stamping on it too.
    Congratulations on starting a blog. It's on my list of things to do.....one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ina, I am so glad you stopped by. You should start a Blog to so you can show me what to do with it! LOL

      Delete
  4. Sharon, I love this card, but even more I LOVE the idea so thank you for sharing it because I completely missed it on scs! My boys are going to flip over this! Can't wait to try it with them! But I do really love the card. The colors are beautiful and that embossing folder is gorgeous and it came together wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paula; I am glad you like this idea, and hope your boys have fun with it. :)

      Delete
  5. The card is beautiful! I saw your post on the Paper Bloggers Unite thread. If you get a chance head on over and visit me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never seen this technique before. It makes such a lovely background for the silhouette stamp!! Thanks for sharing the details!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by Sheila. I hope you try the technique yourself! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.