Monday, July 17, 2023

T Stands for Ten Years of TSFT!

 6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7


It is finally time for our big anniversary party for T Stands for Tuesday over at Altered Book Lover with our host and hostess, Bleubeard & Elizabeth!  They have been holding these parties every week for ten years!  I haven't been here that long, but some of the others have been, I am sure. I joined 1/23/2018.  It seems like I have come for longer than that, but I just looked back!  So, I have only been coming for a little over 5 years!  It has been fun, Elizabeth!  Thank you!

Now, let the party begin!  First, I will show you how I made the ATCs I sent out.

I Water colored on the cardstock.  It was a watercolor cling wrap technique.  Puddles of watercolor, then blot with cling wrap. You are supposed to see lots of texture. I did mine wrong, but here is where the technique is demonstrated: 










Then I glued the napkin over that.  Did I get this napkin in our swap last year from one of you?  Anyone recognize it?


Then I cut apart the piece.





I edged each piece with a black marker or ink. 






I then doodled around each one.






Finished: 



Now, to show what I got from my swap partner, who was so generous!  Oh my goodness!  My official swap partner was Mia in Greece! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Fat envelope sent priority!  Wow!


overview of everything!  Maybe those tea bags are my ticket to TSFT!



The ATC is very dimensional, and sturdy!  The one layer is up on dimensional tape. This is so beautifully done!  My photo doesn't do it justice.  She probably has a better photo on her blog. 



Lisca, look I have post cards!  A whole packet, plus a large one.  The one that says Greece is a large post card.  Gorgeous, gorgeous scenery on these cards in the packet!




This journal cover was handmade by Mia.  It is beautifully made.  I will treasure it.  


A note from Mia.



She handmade this child's apron.  But it fits me! LOL I love all the pictures on it!










Here is a close up of the larger post card, and those are book pages in Greek, to use in art. 



And neat napkins, bling, tea, buttons, candy!  It is like Christmas!



Well, I also had an unofficial swap partner because Jan and I know each other on another website: SplitcoastStampers.  So since I made 4 ATCs, we swapped, too.

So, I got a fat envelope from Spain, too!




Here is Jan's beautiful mixed media ATC.  Since it says Time for Tea, this is my ticket today to TSFT, although, I think there are lots of beverage references in this post.  Do you see them all?







These were some more goodies from Jan's envelope!  Beautiful dies and embossed panels.  Thank you, Jan for everything.  I can't wait to use some of these goodies!


This is really turning into a long post.  But I still must post one more thing!

This 8x10 art journal page is for both this month's **ART*Journal*Journey Challenge of 'Come Fly with Me', and our picture of a 10 for our Anniversary Celebration for TSFT.  I think it fulfils both.
I die cut and stamped the number 10, a total of 10 times.  There are ten birds on here counting the Flamingo.  I first put on color bursts powders, and sprayed water on it.  I made a complete mess even though I put down newspaper under the whole thing and plastic under the page.  There will be other pages with these colors! LOL I then put on a napkin with the flamingo.  I am pretty sure this napkin is from our swap last year.  Who recognizes it?  The reason I am not sure is because I was in at least two napkin swaps last year.  After the napkin came the die cut numbers, punched birds and stamping.  


Happy 10th Anniversary to TSFT, & Bleubeard & Elizabeth, and the rest of the t gang! Thank you for stopping by. Be sure and join us over at Altered Book Lover for this great TSFT Celebration!
 Have a great week.  See you next time!



26 comments:

  1. Happy 10th T anniversary-you had amazing partners for the swap-enjoy everything-hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! God bless you 🙏🏽

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun post. Some of those 10s looked really familiar (grin).

    The large flamingo came from Mia as part of our napkin swap. A smaller flamingo was part of a napkin you purchased at Dollar Tree. I like how you tied the large flamingo into T this week and also how you tied it to Alison's theme at Art Journal Journey.

    The first napkin with the birds and nests are new to me, so they must be from the other swap. I especially like the nests. They are all really nice ATCs, though.

    When I opened my package from Mia, I accidentally cut the ribbon on the book cover. I will share it next week. I can't remember everything that was in the envelope because I put everything back without really looking when I realized it was for the anniversary swap.

    So nice you and Jan were able to swap ATCs, too. It really IS all about the friendships we encounter when we share a drink each week.

    Thanks for sharing your ATCs, Jan's ATC and die cuts, and Mia's gifts with us for T this special 10th anniversary T Tuesday, dear friend. Stay cool and avoid this heat and humidity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun, fun, fun packages you received, Sharon. Wonderful ATCs and goodies (very generous friends. Your 4 ATCs are super pretty too. Happy special T-day and hugz!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your 4 ATCs are beautiful and cleverly made. And then you got two packages with so many wonderful goodies in them. Your "ten" page is beautiful as well. This is such a great post. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I posted a comment but it does't show and this screen popped back up and I want to make sure you get it so I am sorry if you get two comments. Many hugz and happy special T-day to you sweet Sharon. Love the packages you received - especially the ATCs. You received some special goodies. Love your AJJ page too - how fun you did it to work for both the T-day anniversary and for the AJJ theme - super creative.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You shared beautiful ATCs. I like how you made your ATCs and I learned from that and thinking of making some cards. The swap you received is so generous. Beautiful cards, journal cover and an apron too. Happy 10th T Tuesday anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This really is a big party! Thank you for sharing, what fun!!!
    Beautiful art to dwell in - happy T-Day-anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sharon, how lovely to recieve a package from Greece, lovely gifts too.
    Thank you so much for your beautiful ATC and goodies, Have a lovely T Day
    off to the hairdressers, Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy 10 years of Tea Tuesday! - Anne (Cornucopia)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Sharon. You got quite a package from Greece. Mia is always good at “stuffing” and envelope. And you also received some other great goodies too. Never mind that your Atc’s are amazing. I hope you have a great T day. Hugs Erika

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy TSFT 10th Anniversary wishes! Wow, so many beautiful artworks today; I love the ATCs that you made and received, they are gorgeous - perfect 😊. Take care and Happy T Day celebrations! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sharon Happy 10th Anniversary!! What wonderful gifts you received in the mail! Such talented ladies all! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  14. I enjoyed seeing how you made your ATCs. They are lovely, and the packet you got was quite the treat! Happy T Anniversary :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always like the look of the watercolor cling wrap technique! It was fun to see how each step of the ATC added to the overall pretty design. What a neat journal cover!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! I love the ATCs you made. Mia made you a beauty too! Lovely gifts too from both Mia and Jan. Your journal page really made me smile- thanks for linking to AJJ it's great for Alison's theme. Happy T Day Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  17. With all the other art in your post I missed saying thank you for linking up this fun post to AJJ Sharon. Thank you for joining Alison's challenge. The flamingo is fun! Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your ATCs, Sharon. And your page with the flamingo is gorgeous! I am really glad to see that you like my little gifts for you. I send you a big hug, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Forgot to say: HAPPY 10TH ANNIVERSARY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dear Sharon, I'm on T-Day a lot shorter than you, but I enjoy it too 😍 Your flamingo page with the number 10 looks great - I had to laugh about the complete mess you made (I can imagine that, creative chaos 😉, but the result counts!) - and your work with the bird napkin is also very pretty. Wonderful the official and unofficial exchanges you had with Mia in Greece and with Jan.
    Belated happy T-Day! 😊
    All the best from Austria, Traude
    🌸🌿❤️🌿🌸
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/07/costa-rica-13-kapitel-osa-peninsula.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. I enjoyed the process of how you made your ATCs. Such wonderful treasures from swap partners. Happy 10th T Day Anniversary

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMG! Trying to leave a comment on your blog is getting ridiculous. I have to manually change settings to get here. Anyway, your post is simply lovely. I use some of your techniques with acrylics too. You have certainly mastered it. Have a very nice day today.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such beautiful artwork Sharon!
    Thanks for joining in with my theme at AJJ.
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy 10 years of Tea Tuesday!
    Beautiful works. These are wonderful ideas!
    Happy days, Elke

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy Anniversary! I love the way you cut up that napkin and outlined each piece. It was a beautiful end product and so appropriate for AJJ's challenge.
    My word, what a lot of goodies you received from Greece. I can imagine your delight on opening the package.
    Hugs, neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your ATC´s are really Wonderful Sharon !! Loove them, thanks so much to show us how you have created them. Your mails are gorgeous, the Atc and all the gifts are all treasures. Yes, Mia was also my swap partner, and I love the Atcs and all the goodies she sent me. Great 10th Anniversary !
    Have a lovely day, big hugs, Caty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.