Monday, July 10, 2023

T Stands for More Patriotism

 4 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving,

and into his courts with praise:
be thankful unto him, and bless his name.
5 For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting;
and his truth endureth to all generations. Psalms 100:4-5


Hello everyone!  Welcome!  Just one more week to our big reveal and anniversary party over at Altered Book Lover with Bleubeard & Elizabeth!  Are you ready?  My swap partner and I are ready and have been ready for a month!  We didn't want to miss the big celebration. As our hostess, Elizabeth reminded us last week, it will be our 10th!  So, she said besides some of us doing a swap that we should post something with a 10 on our post, since it is the tenth anniversary of TSFT.  So be thinking what you will do for that.  Just another way to make it special!  Hope you all can come next week.

We finally got some rain!  Thank you, Lord.  We needed it so bad.  Everything was just drying up.  For a whole week, I didn't get much walking in.  I was in my craft room more!  I have been junk journaling.  I am doing the July Challenge with DearJulieJulie on You Tube.  Another thing I have been doing is making samples for our big challenge at SplitcoastStampers.  Once a year we have DTGD, (Dare To Get Dirty).  It  is about 40 special challenges over a week's time for our Fan Club members.  I am one of the hostesses, so am trying to make samples for the other hostesses.  It will go live July 22nd.  Another project that I am working on is our VSBN (Virtual Scrapbook Night) Summer Challenges.  The Summer will go quickly with all of this going on, besides life happening!  

I will show you a few of my Junk Journal projects:


We were to make three tags as one of our elements.  We have a choice of bases, for example: Mystery, wrinkled, bubble, envelope, scrap pad, Texture, noisy, map, etc.  For these I used mystery.  Each tag has something hidden.  The first one is a hidden journal card, if you pull the top off; the middle has a waterfall inside if you untie and open it up; the third has a pocket in the side and inside is a little journal booklet.  I also used DJJ's digitals, planner papers, buttons, lace, & postage stamps & trims.  These will go in the journal when finished.


I thought I would show the July decorations that my hair stylist puts up.  She is so good about putting up decorations each month, and so good at it.














Now for my ticket to TSFT.  The only requirement to join T Stands for Tuesday over at Altered Book Lover is to have a beverage reference in your blog post, then you can link to Elizabeth's blog and visit the rest of the t gang all over the globe and see what they are all doing.  We hope you will join us: T Stands For Tuesday.



This is a photo from February 2015 from our trip to Kuai.  We took a Kayak trip and then a hike up to a waterfall, where we stopped and ate a lunch.  I swam in the pool by the waterfall.




Thank you for stopping by! I am thankful for each one of you. I hope you have a great week!  See you next time, dear friends.


17 comments:

  1. Hi I enjoyed your post-we have mostly been in extreme heat and humidity but no rain here at all-it's in the forecast but we never get any. so we are up early to work outdoors for several hours.
    Loved seeing all of your 4th of July displays too. your swim looks refreshing-Happy T Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving all the 4th of July decorations. Some people really have the knack for decorating.
    Your junk journal projects are lovely! I enjoy seeing collages using leftovers. I am not one to throw scraps away either.
    Swimming in a waterfall sounds magical. Must have been a beautiful trip.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. How good that you got some rain! I know how much one can miss that. Here everything is dry again, but at least not as hot as it usually is around this time. I just hope we won't get any big fires.
    Your junk journal projects look excellent! And beautiful July decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your hairdresser certainly has a great decorated shop. Mine is in a rather dilapidated building, so it was fun to see these photos from yours. And you look like you were enjoying your dip into the waterfall pool. I bet it felt good and how fun to swim right next to the waterfall. I hope you have a super T day and week ahead. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful July 4th celebration photos. These junk journal pages are really beautiful and creative. I had good time looking at those. It seems like Kuai trip is with wonderful memories. Lovely waterfall! Hope you had lots of fun!
    Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! Your mystery cards are wonderful!!! And all the patriotic pics.
    Oh and your lake pic! Reminds me of the Kimberly (Western Australia) in 1999 - by chance we found such a gem, too. Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely post, Sharon, great photos and beautiful crafting. You have a lot planned for summer! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun to see all those 4th July decorations.
    It's good you got some much needed rain. We don't get much rain here. I think the next rain would be in October if at all.
    Your junk journal pieces look lovely. Not something I'd associate with junk.
    Happy T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your hairdresser does do some fab decorating. Love your junk journal. Super cool Hawaii pictures - especially the one of you smiling and looking so pretty! Hugz and Happy T-day (I am not posting - just checking in on you all).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the reinforcing of the swap. I LOVE your mystery tags. I am going to have to create a junk journal one of these days, too. Mine will have to be in an altered book, though.

    Talk about RAIN. I was overwhelmed with it, as you saw. That happens when the ground won't take it in fast enough.

    I love your hairdresser's beautiful July 4th decorations. She is so good at decorating each holiday and this is a beauty.

    How wonderful you took that trip and got to swim in that pool under the waterfall. IT was a beautiful T photo, too. Thanks for sharing it, dear.

    Thanks for sharing your tags, the holiday decorations, and your water in Kuai with s for T this Tuesday, dear Sharon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello and sorry for getting back to you so late. At present I have several projects that keep me busy and I rarely blog. But today I manage at least a few blog visits.
    Your junk journal projects look great - and your hairdresser shows really great talent for decorating and love for the USA.
    I also like your ticket for TSFT very much. You look very happy in your waterfall bath photo! Unfortunately, I didn't swim in the waterfall in Costa Rica, but at least I did it in Jamaica a few years earlier.
    I'm happy for you that it finally rained!
    All the best from Austria, Traude
    🌸🌿❤️🌿🌸

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really nice decorations. Love the photo of you too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH Sharon what a great picture of you in the water by the waterfall!! Beautiful! You have been a busy woman! All your art is beautiful . I'm sure everyone will appreciate all the effort you put into everything.. Happy T day! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such pretty mystery tags! Glad you finally got some rain!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your mystery tags! Great drink photo - that water you're in must have been cold! I'll try to catch up soon, Happy T Day, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sharon, I couldn't comment on my ipad, drives me mad so jsut a quick thank you for kind comments and to say I love your photos and you enjoying a cool dip, that will be me in five minutes LOL Jan x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.