Monday, January 16, 2023

T Stands for Technique

23 Search me, O God, and know my heart:
try me, and know my thoughts:
24 And see if there be any wicked way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalms 139:23-24



I thought I would share a technique I used today.  Our technique challenge on Splitcoaststampers was to watch a tutorial on 5 techniques to use up scraps.  I chose the one to cut up hexagons out of several of your scraps.  Even if your scrap was too little for the whole hexagon, you could use it around the edges.  I was happy with the scraps I found and how well they went together.   I even die cut the Happy Birthday three times and stacked it on here.  That was another technique, to die cut something more than twice and put on the card.  I need to get this in the mail tomorrow, because it is going overseas and is for a late January birthday.  Last time I mailed to this country it got there quicker than my Christmas card to Elizabeth one year; it took three weeks to across town!


I also posted VSBN (Virtual Scrapbook Night) Challenges on Splitcoaststampers this month.  They won't be for just one night though, they will be for all of January.  The challenges are all about the new as in the New Year.  One of the challenges was to scrap something about something new.  I chose to scrap about my new craft items from the swap.  As I showed you the gift last week, I thought you might like to see the scrap layout about the gift.

You might notice that I used the paper that was the wrapping on one of the gifts.  She had wrapped it in 12x12 scrapbook paper.  I used two tags on here that were in a package of tags 75% off at Hobby Lobby before Christmas.  I didn't need tags but for 2.53, they make great embellishments for Christmas themed layouts, and cards or junk journals. There were 60, with 4 of each of 15 designs.


My ticket is on my scrap layout!  Yes, it is time for TSFT party over at Altered Book Lover with Bleubeard & Elizabeth.  I hope you will check it out.  We really have fun every week visiting each other over a beverage. 

I hope you have a great week!  It is starting nice here, as I got in an hour's walk this afternoon.  It is windy, but nice, and sunny. Happy T Day!

 Thanks for stopping by.  See you next time.

18 comments:

  1. Good afternoon Sharon, I love the paper hexagons-what an awesome technique I will remember that-I have a few hexagon quilting templates that would be perfect.
    always enjoy seeing what you make with papers. Happy T Kathy
    PS to answer your question from last week-I have added you to my reading list here on blogger that posts the newest first

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the stacking idea. It gives you some dimension, doesn't it? And your card and scrap page came out great. I hope you have a lovely T day and week ahead Sharon. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember using hexagons years ago when I was still scrapbooking and really liked that technique. It was a lot of work, though. Your card is very beautiful. Happy T day, Sharon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The birthday card is very beautiful, and hexagons add a pretty look. I am sure the receiver would live this card. Thanks for sharing technique to cut up hexagons. Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The hexagons are great. I bought honey-licorice in this "form", I think you would love them!
    Sadly you can only buy them on the Christmas Market and they are nearly gone already, too... Happy T-Day and great art of yours to share.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Sharon! Love your card. I made one for that challenge as well. I spent a lot of time on it and got it all sealed up and ready to mail and then realized I never took a picture of it - lol. The scrapbook page is fun - so many fun things to look at and I love that large present. Happy T-day and hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! It took me a bit to find the T party ticket you mentioned!!! The tea bags!! lol.. Beautiful design Sharon! I hope you have a great week and Happy T day! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Sharon. This is just gorgeous. I am always so impressed with your art. Have a lovely day today

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card and page are great. What a wonderful way to use up scraps. Happy t Day

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful art, happy T Day, hugs,Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful birthday card and that's a fabulous technique to use up scraps 😊. Loving your holiday page too. Happy T Day wishes! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I love the hexagons. Such a pretty pattern and very time consuming but a great way to use up scraps.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wish I could remember what I wrote on Tuesday. I remember asking you about the hexes. I was really impressed with those. I also remember saying how thoughtful of your gift partner that she wrapped your gift in scrapbook paper that matched the season. Sounds like those tags were a bargain. You were also smart to include the teas and chocolates you shared last week, so you could use them in this week's T Tuesday post. Thank for sharing these, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your scrap using ideas, I like die cutting a lot, and especially stacking multiples on alphabets, very handy, I'm very late to the party. Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your projects are wonderful I have to see if I can fond that video at Splitcoast
    I sure have enough scraps to use....smile!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So fun to see you use the Christmas dsp in your project!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.