Monday, August 22, 2022

T Stands for Tuesday

 3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; 4 That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, 5 To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed. Titus 2:3-5



Hello blog readers!  Happy Tuesday!  I am finally getting back to walking even though it is still getting into the nineties.  I walked 8:30 to 10:00 this morning, and it was warm by the time I got home!  But it does feel good to get back to walking.  I am looking forward to cooler weather, as many of you are.

I can't get my photos from today to upload from my phone so I will share some others.  We did go out to eat this past week, and I did remember to get a photo.  We went to one of our favorite places.  They are senior friendly as they give a 20% senior discount and free pie on Tuesdays, so these are from last Tuesday.  Livingstons Diner has been in business since 1910 and have two locations and we go to the newer location.  I always enjoy their murals painted on the walls.  I have shown them before, so took a different photo this time, plus a view of my favorite right over our booth.

Love this one because it shows an old version of our comics back in the day.




Kind of a funny view as it was right over our heads at our booth, but it is my favorite.

My ticket to the TSFT party.  I got to take half of my Chicken Quesadilla home for another meal.  So good.  I love avocado but left the sour cream.  Hubby had biscuits and gravy.  We also took home our pie.  He got chocolate, and I gave him my peanut butter chocolate cream pie after I took a bite. :)


Be sure and check out TSFT over at Bleubeard & Elizabeth's at Altered Book Lover.






 We find many different kinds of replicas of the Keeper of the Plains in our area.


I got my hair cut in July, and these are photos of how my hair stylist decorates her shop on the outside.
I love seeing how she changes everything for the different holidays or seasons.  She decorated very patriotically for July.







  Here are photos from a surprise park I found on the way home from our ladies' prayer breakfast Saturday at our church.  I had followed a garage sale sign, because it has been ages since I went to one, however I never found it.  But I found this neat little park complete with this pond, bicycle sculpture, and blue heron!  



I actually caught him in flight.  I was trying to get a closer photo of him standing, and of course I startled him into flight.

 
I have also crafted a bit this week.  On SplitcoastStampers we do a Teapot Challenge every Tuesday, and we make cards and send to someone who needs encouragement.  This week the challenge was also to use splatters or spritzing, or distressing.  I chose to splatter.  This card has already been mailed to our recipient.  


I used Altenew layering Daisy stamps, and a very old SU! sentiment stamp.  I splattered with a squeezy art gun thing with the SU! markers that matched the ink I used. (Old Olive, Yoyo Yellow and Tangelo Twist.  I also splattered Fun Stampers Journey Silks on here and then lastly added the Nuvo drops to the centers of the daisies.

Happy T Day, everyone!  Thanks for stopping by to see what I am doing.  I hope to go by and see what you have been doing, also.  I might say that sometimes my comments do not take.  I go back and check, but still don't see them, so leave another.  I hope they are getting through, maybe just because of moderation they take longer. 
Thank you.

17 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon. It is good to get back to walking, isn't it? I seem to start and stop walking this summer. All because of the heat. And I really like the mural with the food and the newspaper. And that's a pretty card too. I hope you have a great T day and week ahead. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to check out Livingston's Diner. And you had me at chocolate peanut butter pie. That mural with the funnies is wonderful. I would love to see it.

    The Keepers are adding more because of the 150 "thing." Each Keeper that was new last year had 150 things on it. It could have been flowers, airplanes, etc. There is an app that can be downloaded to find them. I saw the Orpheum one downtown that had been moved from the Pop-up Park when I was looking for the 108th Avenue Art Days Mural.

    Love your card. Nice that you spritzed it. I do that a lot, but mine doesn't spritz as well as yours. I usually get a hit and miss spritz.

    Thanks for sharing your card, the Keeper, the park where you found the sculpture and heron, your hairdresser's lovely decorations, and your meal and water at Livingston's Diner with us for T this week, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LIke you, I don't really like to walk when it is hot. Thankfully most of our morning are cool so I try to get my walking in at that time (which, of course, doesn't always work). The murals look great, and I can see why you chose that particular one as your favorite. Nice card - beautiful idea to send encouragement to someone who needs it. Happy T day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your diner looks very tempting. I love when restaurants have lots of murals.

    best...mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I´ll skip training and enjoy the hot summer days! Once it sadly gets colder I will be back to training.
    Hmmm... Chicken Quesadilla - haven´t had that in ages (as the restaurant closed or moved).
    A great place where you live and I love the murals - and your flower - have a happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The food you had at that diner sounds great, yummy. Love the beautiful murals, too. Stay safe and well, happy T day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun diner, Sharon. The biscuits and gravy looks fab but I would have picked what you did. I need to start checking out Senior discounts - I totally forgot about that! Thanks for the reminder.

    The park looks lovely. Garage sales are fun, but finding a new park is better.

    Glad you can get out walking again. I need to start doing it again myself.

    Lovely card you made! Love the splatters.

    Happy T-day and tons of hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love walking too! Love that card. And that bike sculpture is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful post! Loving your Mexican food and I enjoyed walking with you, the sculptures look amazing 😊. Sorry I don't have too much time to visit today but I wanted to stop by to wish you a Happy T Day! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sharon. What a lovely post. The food looks good and that park. What a nice place. Glad you were able to walk. We have not been above 70°F this year. We don't normally get much above that anyway. I really like the card. It is very summery. Have a nice day today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a delightful surprise in that park. The sculpture is a cool touch. It's been ages since I went out for a walk. I'm not sure why, as I enjoy the heat... Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well i did get your comment for T this week Sharon!! :) Very happy to hear from you! Glad to hear you are walking.. I go every other morning.. I go at daybreak and walk East so i get to see the sun peek over the horizon before i turn around.. Gorgeous time of day. and the only time i will walk this time of year.. We used to go a restaurant like that when we lived in CA . I don't remember the name of it but i do remember Free Pie!! and they had delicious pie.. My waistline did not appreciate it though.. lol Happy happy T day! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that you found a park while looking for a garage sale. It is a great way to spend the afternoon. And I love the sculptures of the children on the bikes.
    Love your flowery card!
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  14. The diner sounds like a fun spot. Senior discount and pie. What's not to like? Your hairdresser certainly has a knack for decorating. I bet her Christmas display is spectacular. The park looks so beautiful. Love that sculpture. Very pretty card, too. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun blog post. The diner sounds fantastic. Wish they had one like that close to me. I think it's fun that you found that park that you had never seen before. I've lived in H Town so long I think I know every nook and cranny. Love your beautiful card. I should get back to doing Teapot Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your faith, your kindness and your creativity inspire me. Thank you, S

    ReplyDelete
  17. On our recent trip to the US, we also went to a restaurant that offered senior menu (smaller portions) and senior discounts (normal portions). Luckily my hubby had already reached the right age, I was still too young ;-) - by now I'd be old enough too :-D) Unfortunately, we don't have such senior menus and discounts here in Austria (I only know about children's menus like Mickey Mouse Schnitzel ;-DD), too bad, because normal portions are usually too big for us. (We then also take a doggie pack home with us ;-))
    Your hairdresser did a great job decorating and I love your encouragement card!
    All the best and happy T Day!
    Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2022/08/mallorca-reisebericht-teil-5-tag-9-bis.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.