Tuesday, July 14, 2020

T Stands for New Techniques

"Create in me a clean heart, God, and renew a right spirit within me."  Ps. 51:10


Hello everyone!  I wanted to post today and join Elizabeth and Bleubeard to help T Stands For Tuesday celebrate the 7th year of the tea party!  So, check it out over at Altered Book Lover and see what TSFT is all about.  We all get together and share and also have a drink of some kind in our post.
If you look really close you will see my ticket to the tea party on my scrap page below.


I have been scrapping this week and joined in a couple of challenges over at Splitcoaststampers for the layout below. 

This is my page for my July Scrapbook Technique Challenge. This month my challenge was to use stitching or faux stitching on our layout. I also was inspired by a video by Maremi Smallart referred to me my Jayne/ Ozpom and challenged to do a similar mixed media project.  I even added some TH Paper Dolls! I am really trying to get some heritage pages done, so our kids can see their heritage in photos.

Oh, I finally got my sewing machine threaded! Threw the stupid thread helper down and just threaded it myself. Now I hope I don't run out of thread for a while! I don't know if I can do it again! LOL

I always forget to photograph the process! But here is a photo after stitching and putting wash tape and strips of paper, and then covering with gesso.


  

And next,  below is my finished layout, after the photo and other embellishments were added.  I am fairly new at this mixed media technique.  I did some more gesso and stencil work and added some more paper.  Then added panels for my photo and lace an buttons.  Also added a die cut flower and TH paper dolls from my stash.  I probably quit too soon; I always do, but my photo is supposed to be the star anyway.  I think heritage layouts work well with neutrals and mix media.

Thank you for letting me join the T Party this week!  Thank you for stopping by.  Happy 7th, Elizabeth!  Happy T Day to the rest of you.  

16 comments:

  1. You have made some nice art this week, and great that you are trying out new techniques, that's always good. Threading my sewing machine is always a drama, I have to get the lady next door to do mine! Happy T Day, have a good week, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon awesome scrapbook pages!
    Happy T wishes Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Different style layouits but they are both marvelous! I especially love the second one though - love vintage. Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have returned to use of my sewing machine this spring to make face masks, and had to relearn whatever the trick is for getting the thread right into the eye of the needle. This week the first try was painfully repeated a number of times until success, then I could do it every time (I kept cutting the thread too short and having to thread it again). So I hope it comes back to you also!

    be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharon these two layouts are incredible. I really like the coca cola reference. Yes, I noticed.

    I bought three of those thread helpers because I have astigmatism. The first one immediately collapsed and I just threaded the needle. Now I change thread like it's no problem. One thing you might remember is the thicker the thread, the harder it will be to thread through your needle. Pick 40 wt thread and you will not have trouble.

    I love what you did with the vintage looking piece and the sewing. I think you are getting mixed media quite well. You have created an incredible entry and I absolutely love it. It's FAR better than MY first mixed media entry and also several I've made in the last month, too.

    Thanks for sharing these two layouts and for joining this very special anniversary T this week, dear Sharon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty scrapbook pages. I love the vintage, distressed look to them.

    I know what you mean about having difficulty threading machine needles. I have the same problem at times.

    Happy tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful scrapbook pages! I loved seeing how it all came together too, such fun 😀. I can't thread my sewing machine unless I have my reading glasses on ...lol 😉. Happy T Day wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two very different pages, Sharon, each perfect for its era. I'm guessing 1940-50s and 1900-1910.

    Happy T-Day! Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your vintage pages! so creative ~ Happy T day! I'm mailing your ATC today :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful scrapbook pages I love how you created them. I gave up trying to thread my machine years ago, it now gathers dust.
    Stay safe.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful eye candy and I enjoyed the process of your layout. It’s been hot and humid and icy Coke would be perfect. Take care and Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your pages Sharon. I hope it was a happy T Day. I'm running late but wanted to stop by. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great scrapbook page Sharon. And I love your Kraft page with the sewing. Yes, threading the needle is a nightmare. I sympathize.
    Happy (belated) T-Day,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like your art pieces. I always enjoy seeing vintage images. I hope your Summer has been going well. Happy belated T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sharon, these pages are beautiful and creative. I love the vintage look and feel of them and all of your extra embellishments complement the pics and layout beautifully. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Two absolutely wonderful pages! Both very nostalgic too! Seeing that rat pack poster is a real treat! I'm a lot later wishing you Happy T Day than I meant to be - things not getting done this week at all!! Have a great weekend, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.