Monday, July 20, 2020

T Stands For Tuesday and Tag Tuesday!


"Create in me a clean heart, God, , and renew a right spirit within me." Ps. 51:10



Happy T Day!  Well almost!  Last week when I visited Valerie, I read about the new Tag Tuesday challenge to make a tag with anything involving the sea.  I was inspired!  I usually don't make tags, but I did want to play with my TH embossing glaze.  So, decided play with it on tags.  Here is one of my tags.

 I love this technique!  I stamped my images with distress inks, then I dabbed VersaMark all over the tag.  Then I put different colors of embossing glaze over the tag, and heat embossed.  I added the starfish charm and the fiber, and the TH phrases. The embossing glaze is translucent, so you can see your stamping through it.
Love the shine!  Fun to play!

















I thought you would be able to see the color of  embossing glaze, but you only see the price, which is not what I paid.  They were in fact  basically free.  The colors are Broken China, Weathered Wood, Tattered Rose.  The name of the stamp set is Seaside Chair by Stampendous.


That is my entry for Tag Tuesday!  Love the theme!

Now for the T Party this week over at Altered Book Lover where our hostess for TSFT is Elizabeth.  She hostesses this lovely party every Tuesday and we join her with a drink related post.  Although I got a wonderful ATC from Karen this week, for our swap to celebrate the TSFT 7th Anniversary, I think our reveal is next week!  Here is my tea that I am having while posting my blog.  I am drinking Bigelow Toasted Coconut Almond Bark.  It is one of my favorites, and I am drinking it out of one of my favorite cups


I took  a photo of it upside down so you could see who it was by,  before I made my tea! LOL.  I bought this in Canada,  several years ago on a cruise . Have a Happy Tag Tuesday and a Happy T Day!  Thanks for stopping by.  I appreciate it.

18 comments:

  1. Wow, Sharon, what a gorgeous tag, and you have made me very happy that you have joined in Tag Tuesday, thanks a lot, much appreciated. I've never tried that glaze, it gives a wonderful finish. Love your rose-mug, so beautiful! Have a good week, stay safe and happy T Day! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a stunning tag, Sharon. Your use of those glazes looked like the turtle was swimming under the sea. I've never heard of those glazes before, but they are beautiful.

    Your rose mug is gorgeous. I can see why it's a favorite. That fine bone china wouldn't last at my house because I'm such a klutz. But it's a genuine beauty and I'm so glad you shared your tea and lovely roses mug with us for T this week, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. English floral china patterns are really great -- what a nice tradition. I have one little cup & saucer set that my mother bought on a long-ago visit to Toronto, and it has roses on it as well. I don't think that mugs had become popular back then.

    be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a delightful tag Sharon!! Looks like a fun technique too but I don't have embossing glaze. Your tea of choice sounds heavenly to me and I love the beautiful cup you are enjoying it in. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautifully embossed tag. I love the shine and the sea theme.

    Your cup is so pretty. I love the rose!

    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sharon your tag is so beautiful-I have never played with embossing glazes and heat guns-sounds fun.
    Your china cup is a beauty and Love Bigelow teas too Happy T Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. That tag came out super Sharon. I never used embossing glaze but it does look make it look like the turtle is underwater. Thanks for sharing this technique. And that is pretty teacup also. Perfect for summer! I hope you have a wonderful T day and week. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh-oh! Hubby would flip if he saw me having a cuppa on my laptop! (Clumsy here)
    Beautiful tag, so suits your blog-background, too!
    Happy T-day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful tag. I always love sea theme art. I thought that rose was a Redoute, and sure enough, it was. Great mug. Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, such a beautiful tag! I love how you used the embossing glaze, it really looks like it's under the sea 😁. Thanks for the inspiration and wishing you a very Happy T Day! Take care! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous tag, Sharon. The embossing glaze looks like fun. Beautiful mug.

    Happy T-Day! Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sharon, It's so good to see you posting regularly!! I LOVE the shine!! However, my favorite thing in this post is your cup!! Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous colors on the tag especially the shimmer. Your teacup is very pretty and I love coconut so will have to keep my eyes peeled for the Bigelow Toasted Almond Bark. Take care and Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hooray! I'm glad my ATC arrived safely ~ I love your under the sea tag the fiber, you picked is perfect for it too. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your beautiful under the sea scene! I love your mug, so pretty and I do love drinking from china mugs! Happy T Day, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have really captured the underwater feel with the TH glaze Sharon. Love your tag. Thanks for joining us in this fortnight's challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a super tag and its perfect for our challenge at Tag Tuesday.
    Love the glossy effect, its like the sun shining through the water.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your tag and the embossing glaze looks amazing. I like the ribbon you used to tie it off too. Love your tea cup and I bet your tea is delicious. I lean more toward coffee, although I am having iced tea on this hot afternoon. Thanks for sharing your creativity! Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.