Monday, November 25, 2019

T Stands For Thanksgiving

Psalm 103
"A Psalm of David.
1 Bless the Lord, O my soul:
and all that is within me, bless his holy name.
2 Bless the Lord, O my soul,
and forget not all his benefits:
3 Who forgiveth all thine iniquities;
who healeth all thy diseases;
4 Who redeemeth thy life from destruction;
who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies;
5 Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things;
so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's."


Psalm 68:19 "Blessed be the Lord,
who daily loadeth us with benefits,
even the God of our salvation. Selah"


"Count your blessings, name them one by one. 
 Count your many blessings, see what God hath done"

I love that song, and those verses.  Wonderful to remember for Thanksgiving.  I am late getting started and have a lot to cover today.  I showed you last week, two of my projects for Falliday Fest Challenges at SplitcoastStampers.  Here is the rest of my creations.  Over half of them are Christmas cards, and there is a purse to hold a gift card or tea bag as a gift.  Also, I made an elf gift sack, and Christmas tags.






Because Thanksgiving is so late this year, Christmas shopping is already upon us!  Saturday, I went to a nearby shopping center to walk around their pond, and found already a lot of Christmas shoppers and of course Christmas decorations.  There was even a Christmas elf in Bath & Body works.  And, I did get a little shopping done before my walk.







After shopping, I began my walk, and I saw this sign.  The ducks are on a diet!  Just like the rest of us!







After a nice walk, I took photos of their giant Christmas tree by the fountain and you see, I did have to wear a coat as it was in the 30s, I think.



This morning I went for tea with friends.



No, I did not go to Europe,





Just to Panera.



And of course I forgot to take photos until I was just about to walk out the door.  I refilled my tea as I was leaving.  In fact, I am still nursing my cup of tea as I type this.  And I am lining up for the tea party over at Elizabeth's for TSFT.  If you blog and want to join us, just do a drink related post and link up over there.  We would love to have you.

I thank you for stopping by.  I am so thankful for you dear readers and T gang.  Have a wonderful Thanksgiving if you are celebrating it.  I know some of you are in other countries.  But you can still be thankful without the special day. "Count your blessings, name them one by one."

* ****Elizabeth is having computer problems because of a recent power outage, and asks for your patience. She will be around commenting as soon as her computer is up and running again.********

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful psalms, Sharon. Just perfect for Thanksgiving. May you have a blessed one.

    What a haul you made for the Falliday Fest Challenges at SplitcoastStampers!

    Great pictures. Funny sign. I love Paneras. We always stop there when we visit the States.

    Happy T-day! Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon, enjoyed all your photos. That is a good sign for the ducks because most people just feed bread which is really bad for them-if they would share seed or corn instead that would be much better.
    I do not christmas shop any more-have not done it for years and years-the few people I want to gift I make handmade soap or cookies etc. but it is probably fun to get out and see all the decorations. as a kid my parents would take up into chicago to view all the festivities was allot of fun
    Happy T hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful art! Bath and Body always looks so pretty. And Christmas is good, but I really just want to enjoy Thanksgiving and then I'll get into all the Christmas displays and fun(outside of card making, which does need to get thought of early). happy T day and a happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like a nice day to walk. And getting a few gifts early is always a good thing too. Panera is one fast food place I like. You picked a good place to stop. Hope its a wonderful week and Thanksgiving. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete

  5. Cute cards!
    It´s always good to buy Christmas gifts that you can actually use!
    Or eat or drink :-)
    That lady is really wearing a part of a Santa Clause costume?! It´s November!
    But, well, maybe her Christmas spirit is better then.

    Oh, we need such duck-signs here, too, as for the doves!
    A lovely Christmas tree you have there and a nice pic of you, I love starting the day seeing smiling people :-)
    A happy T-Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos from your restaurant visit. Looks like you had lots of fun out and about. Thanksgiving and Christmas must be a lot of work to manage. Poor ducks, at least they're not being fattened up for Christmas. Lovely photo with the tree and fountain in the background. Happy T Day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a lovely song. Great assortment of artwork. I am so far behind on making Christmas artwork. That store has nice decorations for Christmas. I chuckled at the duck sign. I love the colored tiles around the fountain: it looks beautiful. I didn't know Panera had murals on the walls like that. Happy T-Day and Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The photos from your walk look lovely, I am smiling at the sign about the ducks being on a diet. The shops looked interesting as well, I haven't started Christmas shopping yet although I have the cake waiting to me iced. So you could say food is the first thought in my preparations.
    Happy T day wishes.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those Psalms of praise are especially perfect as we prepare for Thanksgiving :) That park is delightful, so nicely decorated for the season.

    Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely psalm. I love the psalms. I have noticed that in the US you mostly use the old King James (I think), I mean all those thines and thous. I find it difficult to understand some of it. In England they use mostly NIV and here in Spain there is a similar thing.
    Christmas shopping, the words fill me with dread. Luckily I don't have to do any as in our family we don't give presents. (we all live too far away from each other).
    But the walk around the pond is lovely. I was impressed with that pavement, and yes, I have seen signs about duck diets before. Apparently bread is bad for them.
    That is a beautiful Christmas tree! Wow. It is worth going out just to see that!
    Who or what is Panera? Is it a bread shop? Or a tea shop? Café?
    Thank you for giving me Elizabeth's message. I hope her power/computer situation gets resolved real soon.
    Happy T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous cards, I love that they are all different too 😁. Looking at your post day, it is definitely feeling a lot like Christmas with the red bows on the bath products, Christmas elf and Christmas tree - what fun 😁. That's a lovely photo of you too and Panera is one of my favourite places too! Happy T Day and have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Delicious eye candy. Thanks for sharing. The bath shop looks quite festive. My Eldest loves that shop. Poor ducks. Bad week to go on a diet with Thanksgiving around the corner. 😺 I'm surprised the fountain is still flowing with temps. so low. I love Panera. One of my favorite places to meet friends and indulge in a Vanilla Chai. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sharon your photos are lovely from your walk, it’s a lovely park. I’ve only been to Panera once near Disney land and was very impressed.
    I love bath and body works , it always smells gorgeous.
    You look very happy in your selfie Sharon , it’s lovely to see you!
    Have a great thanksgiving ,dear friend
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this Psalm and the song! We just returned from our church's Thanksgiving service. It is one of our favorites as we all get to give testimonies of God's blessings in our lives.
    Our park also has a Ducks on A Diet sign. I guess they are getting fat and lazy from all the bread that people feed them?? HAHA.
    A cup of tea sounds like the best way to end a day of shopping!
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am finally visiting. I guess you can see I'm running very far behind. I adore your psalm. It is so appropriate for Thanksgiving, too.

    Great cards! You DID make a lot of them. I'm considering getting an Elf for next year.

    I've only been to Panera once. I found it rather pricey, but the food was excellent and of course, your tea had refills, which is a bonus.

    Love the walk around the pond and laughed at the duck sign. We need that for this side of town with the geese. People feed them and they never fly south.

    Thanks for leaving the comment about my blog/computer. And thanks for sharing your week with us for T this Tuesday (now Wed.).

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your cards look great! I need to get on with mine soon! Lovely photos -
    I love seeing he shops and streets decorated for Christmas! Belated Happy T Day! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.