Monday, November 18, 2019

T Stands for Terrific Tuesday!

II Cor 3:18 "But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the spirit of the Lord."

Today was absolutely gorgeous!  I even walked the two miles to Hobby Lobby with my coupon and purchased some miniatures for a snow globe for a dollar something, walked two miles back and got my 10000 steps!  These days will be few now, so have to enjoy them.

I was really tired when I got back last Monday from my scrap retreat, so missed the party!  I did get a lot done, about 15 layouts, and 3 cards, and worked on another project, too.  Not only did we get lots of crafting done, tips shared, but also lots of eating, giggling, and chatting.  Just not much sleeping.  Think 4 day slumber party! LOL

I thought I would share my snow globe I made for the Falliday Fest Challenge at SplitcoastStampers.

I call it Polar Express. It will look better when the jar is filled with brightly wrapped Christmas candy!

Another challenge was to make an antiqued Christmas ball.  Here are the steps to make it.  But please check out the tutorials for both these projects on SplitcoastStampers, on their Falliday Fest 2019 Master Tutorial Thread



First :  Punch or die cut shapes 
Second:  Cover and adhere with Matt gel to the glass ball.  I set it in the whole of this roll of yarn so I could work with both hands.  LOL  Didn't realize until finished photo, that doing it this way my design was upside down.  Pretend all is well. LOL

Next apply black gesso to whole thing.  I didn't have black gesso, so applied white, then gray acrylic paint, because I didn't have black in that either.  This whole process is a comedy of errors! LOL


This is when you were to add copper with patina.  I did gold; Metallic Lustre gold rush, deco Art, something I have had a long time.  All my paints and supplies like these are old.  I even had to add water.



Next, I added acrylic paint, Patina.  Then I added chunky glitter.  And at this point realized I had done it upside down.

My advice to you is check out the tutorials on SplitcoastStampers.  



Just showing everything I used.  I am very messy as you can see!  Oh, yes I sprayed it with some sparkle, I see.  I forgot about that.




Several years ago I was sharing photos of my tea cups. The other day I saw this one and didn't think I had shared it.  It is a special cup for strong coffee from Argentina. Some special missionary friends brought it back to me.
So, I am up to Elizabeth's TSFT over at Altered Book Lover. Check it out.

Waving to the T Gang.  Thanks for stopping by.  

14 comments:

  1. Love your pretty cup and saucer-looks very special too.
    Looks like you have had loads of fun crafting-thanks for sharing it all with us. Happy T Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing all your wonderful festive arts and crafts!! Love that first snow globe with the tiny train:) Your cup and saucer are not only beautiful but look pretty solid too. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi sharon, another beautiful tea cup, I love seeing your gorgeous tea sets, I hope you kept some of them when you moved.
    I wouldn’t say I was a food blogger, I just try to save food photos for T for Tuesday but I always forget, Steve and our son keep reminding me when we are out but I’ve usually already tucked in by that time and the food looks messy, LOL
    I love your snow globe and baubles, you have made a lovely job of them.
    Thanks for your visit and comments, you are very kind.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, that's a cute snow globe. I haven't worked in miniature in YEARS. That's a clever idea.

    Sounds like you had FUN at your retreat. It also sounds like you got a LOT accomplished, too. If I craft with friends, I'm usually too busy taking photos to do much crafting. BTW, I shared your Halloween card you sent last Tuesday for T.

    Before I talk about your antique Christmas ball, which is adorable, whether it's upside down or not, I have a warning. You said you had to add water to your paint. I hope you used DISTILLED WATER, because if you didn't, the paint will MOLD. You need to use the paint right away if you used regular tap or even filtered water. If you let it sit, the next time you open the bottle, you will get a very bad smelling paint smell. Trust me, please. All in all, this is a fun ball you created.

    Oh wow, that cup from Argentina is awesome. Yes, they love their coffee STRONG. Even strong for my taste. It's a gorgeous cup and saucer, though. Thanks for sharing your incredible crafts, the instructions, and your beautiful cup and saucer with us for T this Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work, I had 8km yesterday :-) In georgous rain.
    Beautiful Christmas items.
    I´m a tad behind, but share my cuppas, too, now :-)
    Happy T-Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those snow globes, so beautiful. Glad you enjoyed the retreat. The cup and saucer set is gorgeous. Happy T Day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you had nice weather so you could walk. (I love Hobby Lobby, but I always forget to go there.) Great craft projects. If you hadn't said the ornament design was upside down, I wouldn't have known. I think it looks beautiful as is. Your tea cup and saucer is lovely. Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you to take the walk. We've been cold and grey and dark and not walking weather. Love the holiday craft results. Hope you have a super T day. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such beautiful makes! I love your creativity the snow globe and tree decoration look amazing 😁. Your teacup and saucer looks so pretty and very autumnal too 😉. Sending you Happy T Day wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. It sounds like you had a lot of ctafting fun at the retreat, the pieces you made all look fabulous. The snow globe looks beautiful.
    I really love the teacup and saucer, its a gift to treasure.
    Happy T day wishes.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I especially like your antiqued Christmas ball. That'd be a lovely addition to any tree :)

    I love your little cup and saucer. I keep an eye out for smaller cups. Most available these days seem to hold enough coffee for _everybody_ lol

    Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your cup and saucer from Argentina is lovely. I love the autumn colours.
    Your antiqued Christmas bauble is beautiful. Well done you! Thanks for the instructions.
    Sounds like you had a really good time at the '4 day slumber party', and you got a lot done too. One is never too old for giggle and chat, I say.
    Happy T-Day,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your crafts are wonderful and if didn't mention your ornament design was upside down, I wouldn't have known. Your teacup is very pretty. It reminds me of dishes I had several years ago. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your snow globe is absolutely delightful, Sharon! I just love it. Another crafting retreat - lucky you. I wish you and I could get together for some crafting fun. You have lots of fun toys and creative ideas.

    Belated Happy T-day! Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.