Monday, August 26, 2019

T Stnds For Sanitizer Technique

"For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood but... against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places." Ephesians 6:12   (Week 3 Scripture Memory for Revive Our Hearts Esther Bible study)



Hello blog followers!  How are you today?  Finally, after some rain yesterday, it has cooled off some here!  

I loved this technique for our Mixability challenge on SCS, a couple of  weeks ago,  given us by Ky to use sanitizer with our medium. I mixed oxide inks right from the ink pad, like TH does, and sanitizer on my glass mat. Then I swooshed my watercolor paper into it.


I used lots of different combos of inks to see what I liked best.  Even did some tags, but haven't done anything with them yet.







  I loved this one, and cut it down. I stamped Rubbernecker tulips on it and stamped this sentiment on it. I backed it on a scrap of 12x12 that I had been using in scrapping. 

Thanks for looking. I am sure I will be making more cards with all the backgrounds I got from playing with this.





I hope I have inspired you to try this super easy new to me technique. Everyone has hand sanitizer, and you can use it with any medium.  I just did it with oxide inks.  You could try it with Brushos, Color Bursts, or just experiment with other mediums.  I just happen to like playing with my oxide inks. 


For my drink related post for TSFT over at Bleubeard & Elizabeth's at Altered Book Lover  is the following.  

We rarely go to I hop, like maybe 2 0r 3 times in the last 20 years.  But we tried this one near us, because they keep advertising chicken & waffles, which I just have a craving for since being introduced to such a thing this past year!  LOL  And, they have a senior discount, too. I finally remembered to take the photo before we ate!  Hubby, got some Italian crepes or something.


I hope you have an awesome week!  Thanks for stopping by!  Happy T
Day to the T Gang!


18 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and your background and tags turned out spectacularly. You are making me so hungry right now. I love to eat breakfast for dinner, but I have no waffles, chicken, or crepes. O.k. Time to raid the fridge. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and thanks for the art tips. food looks good-I have never had waffles and chicken I know it is a pretty popular dish.
    Happy T hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried chicken and waffles a couple of years back and I have to admit I really like it too. Who would ever think to put those 2 foods together. And I like the art too. Happy T Day Sharon. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card. So fun experimenting with inks and mediums isn't it...I love the Oxides! That is some hearty breakfast you had. Glad you enjoyed it. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never had any oxides, or even Oxide reinkers. I wonder if it works with TH distress ink, or only with the Oxides. I have tons of sanitizer, so it would be a fun thing to try. The cards are wonderful, though and the tags look great even before adding a focal image.

    I've had chicken and waffles at Twin Peaks for my birthday. I hate to tell you, the chicken I got there looked SO much better than the one you got at I-Hop. Of course, photos are deceiving, and the food might have tasted fabulous. I would love the crepes, though. And of course, my favorite drink is water with lemon, too, when I go out.

    Thanks for sharing your latest technique and your trip to I-hop with us for T this almost Tuesday, dear Sharon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the beautiful card, that's a nice technique you used. Chicken and waffles sounds good, it's not a dish you get served here. And we never get anything with a senior discount, scowl!I did once see a hairdresser on the other side of town offering cheap hair-do's for pensioners on Tuesdays, but I never went there....Happy T Day, have a fun week, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its a beautiful card and the background technique I will have to try out sometime.
    Your food looked good and it sounds like you enjoyed your meal.
    Happy T day wishes.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous technique, the results look amazing and I love the beautiful card that you created 😁. What a fun meal at IHOP, your chicken and waffles looks yummy, I hope you added lots of maple syrup - yum! Happy T Day! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely card, Sharon. I have never heard of this technique but I love the outcome. Isn't it amazing how basic everyday items can become an art supply? That tulip is beautiful on your faux watercolor background.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  10. How interesting! I have sanitizer, so I need to see if I have anything I can use it with :) I haven't been to an IHOP in ages. There are several local breakfast places here, and my hubby enjoys making waffles at home, so IHOP just never makes it to the top of our list. The food looks good :) Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty backgrounds, Sharon. They're inspiring. I'm thinking of journal pages and challenges.

    We haven't been to an iHop in 30 years because of where we live now. It was one of our favorite (cheap) date restaurants.

    Happy T-day! Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful card and background technique.
    Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. first i thought you were talking about the bleach technique, but obviously it is something different. love the look, will try also!
    have a great summer time, xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your art technique made beautiful backgrounds for your cards and tags. The card you showed is gorgeous. Your meals look delicious. Is that honey mustard dipping sauce I see with your chicken? Yum if it is. Happy T-Day! (Sorry for being late.)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Interesting background technique. We recently had breakfast at IHOP. I debated getting the chicken and waffles, but opted for the strawberry vanilla stuffed French toast. Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, I remember you wrote about the chicken and waffles. I remember it as it is such a strange combination. I'm afraid it doesn't look very appetising to me. The chicken is unrecognisable and I would not eat that. But the waffles look lovely I must admit. Were they sweet?
    Your back grounds with the oxide ink look gorgeous. Nice combination of colours.
    Oh, I forgot to say that the metal grids on our windows and doors are pure tradition. Our crime rate is very low. The gates on the carport will have panels on them to shield the car from the hot sun. In summer the car gets so hot, it takes a few minutes of running with the airco before i can get in it. Besides it's not good for the paintwork and the seals around the windows plus the tires will dry out.
    Happy belated T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  17. OOhh your tags are wonderful with this technique Sharon !! The results are lovely, thanks so much for sharing.
    Your meals and dessert are yummy !
    I wish you a very nice weekend, enjoy and big hugs,
    Caty

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the effect you got with that technique, so I'm going to have to try it sometime. Your card came out gorgeous. I like IHOP, although we don't go there often either. However, I may have to go there soon, since now I'm craving the fried chicken and waffles in your picture - LOL! Thanks for the thoughtful comment you left on my blog. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.