Monday, August 12, 2019

T Stands for Totally Done With DTGD!

"He will not let your foot be moved; he who keeps you will not slumber." Ps 121:3  ESV

(2nd memory verse for our Revive Our Hearts Esther Bible Study)


Yes, I am totally done with all the Dare To Get Dirty Challenges on SplitcoasStampers!  It is still going on if you want to take part.  They are celebrating the 15th Anniversary of  The Dirty Dozen, SCS's design team, so they opened the challenges up to all on SCS.   Every year about this time the Dirty Dozen, past and present members give the Fan Club about 30 or 40 challenges made up of fun techniques, and  special folds, and even some are non paper challenges.  This year it is for all  registered users,  and not just those who join the Fan Club on the site. I will show you my stash I now have or had, because I already mailed out at least three of the cards.  But the good news is I now have a good collection of Christmas cards for this year already made.  

For the challenges, I made 11 Christmas cards, 1 Christmas critter, 1 Christmas tag, 2 anniversary cards, 7 birthday cards, 3 thinking of you cards, 1 thank you, 1 get well and 12 for anything I want to use them for.  I had a blast learning to techniques, using some older techniques.  Several of my cards were using prints I got off my gelli plate.   I also learned that some of my alcohol inks were old!  I even had a purple one crackle and explode when I tried to squeeze drops out.  I had purple hands the rest of the day!  Yes, I forgot to wear gloves!  I learned some new folds.  
Notice the card at the top.  It is a tri-box card.  The one in the middle is a pull up card.  I made a critter and a tag that I put in a couple of my goodie plates I prepare for friends and neighbors at Christmas.  


Now for a drink related post so I can join our hostess, Elizabeth over at Altered Book Lover for our TSFT Tea Party.   Thank you Elizabeth for doing this so we can all get together!

 We recently ate at Abuelo's Mexican restaurant.  We usually don't eat Mexican as it plays havoc with my dear husband's digestive system.  But, we had a coupon! LOL


My view, if I stood up beside us.  We had a divider so we really couldn't see the other side of us.

Love their décor.  Interesting and fun to look at while we ate.  This was my view over my husband's head.



Lovely dinner.  We actually had raspberry tea instead of our usual lemon water.  That was because we had a coupon and the second entry was free if we each had a drink.  We do like raspberry tea, so it was a treat. I had a Chimichanga, and he had an enchilada.    Also, here, you can substitute garlic mashed potatoes ( or they call it papas con chile. )for the rice, and I even also substituted for the refried beans!  (Yes, I had a double helping of those potatoes, because I don not like the rice or the refried beans!) They also have Seniors lunch specials all day.  Nice to know these bits of info!
Oh, and reporting that my dear husband was not ill after, but he was very careful, and did not eat any salsa with the chips!  I think he avoided discomfort this time!

Thanks for stopping by, and for your encouraging comments.  I hope you all have a great crafty week!


17 comments:

  1. I give up on challenges all the time, Sharon! How refreshing to hear I'm not the only one. I'm trying to take a new perspective that it's all good: I had fun; and I accomplished something - even if not all. What fun you'll have sending out some of those delightful and unusual cards.

    Your meal at Abuela's looks wonderful. By coincidence, Elizabeth and I also shared Mexican restaurants this T-party. It will be interesting to see if there are more.

    Happy T-day! Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regardless whether you finished the challenge (I didn't get that until I read what Eileen wrote) and although I read you were finished with the yearly project, I thought you had completed your required cards. You certainly have enough there to last a good long time.

    Wow, I had NO idea AIs containers would split like that. I may have to check the three or four I have that I never think to use. This was a great photo of all those cards you made, though.

    I checked out Abuelo's and saw their prices. It was high for one chili relleno. Location, location, location. I did like that you could substitute those garlic potatoes, which sound wonderful. I, on the other hand, LOVE refried beans and rice. Nice that you got the tea and free refills, too.

    Thanks for sharing all your wonderful cards and taking us to Abuelo's where you shared your meals and raspberry tea with us this almost Tuesday. I'd never heard of Abuelo's, so I may have to try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to say, by totally done, I meant that I finished all 39 challenges! I love these challenges and look forward to them every year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must have put a lot of work into all those cards! Well done on completing your challenge. I am sure it will be worth it when you don't have to dig around for a card.
    Your Mexican food sounds and looks delicious! And what a beautiful restaurant.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got a lot done in the challenges, what wonderful cards you made. Such a variety. Glad you enjoyed the Mexican restaurant, it's not my fave sort of food, but looks good. Happy T Day, and have a fun week, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you have created a fabulous collection of cards while completing the challenges.
    The restaurant you visited looks super and the meal delicious. Raspberry tea sound lovely to have with your meal.
    Happy T day wishes.
    YVonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have been busy Sharon. Wow, I am impressed. Beautiful work. And glad your husband made it through the Mexican food. It looks yummy. I was mentioning in my comment to Elizabeth that I had Mexican food recently also. Happy T day Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you've been very creative, and have a great assortment of cards. It's nice to know all of your Christmas cards are done: one less thing to worry about as the day gets closer. I love Mexican food and I like the decor in that restaurant. The food looks delicious. It's a shame it gives your husband's digestion trouble. Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You made a fabulous collection of cards! Well done for finishing all the challenge.
    The Abuelo's Mexican restaurant looks great (Abuelo means 'grandad'). And it sounds they were very lenient about swapping and substituting. Your hubby might not be the only one who has a delicate 'tummy'.
    Happy T-Day,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for clarifying that you actually completed this HUGE challenge, Sharon. Now I'm really impressed! Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have been super busy crafting-love that-hoping I will have the time soon to craft-I miss it so much. Love all of your cards-now you are all set for mailing them out.
    Your food looks delicious-I love mexican foods too but sometimes it can be hard on the digestive system. glad your Hubs had no issues.
    Happy T wishes Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Your cards are fabulous. How cool to have them on hand when you need them. I usually don't eat Mexican food as I don't like hot or spicy, but your comment about having a coupon made me laugh. raspberry tea is a nice change.Glad Hubby didn't have an tummy issues. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! you had a really productive card making session, and they are gorgeous! Fun photos of the Mexican restaurant...our local also has fun murals! Happy T day a bit late!

    ReplyDelete
  14. They've done their decor perfectly haven't they! I enjoy Mexican food -I even like the rice and refried beans- and both of your meals look tasty. A coupon always helps, but this place would have me coming back :) Happy Day-After-T-Day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! You really are ready for Christmas! I enjoyed seeing your photos- your food does look delicious!Happy T day!Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wwoowww your cards are so so Wonderful Sharon!! They are all so special and unique, Great Art !
    Happy T-day !! Your meal looks delicious too.
    I wish you a very nice Thursday,
    Big hugs, Caty

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! Look at all those cards. Great job.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.