Thursday, May 2, 2019

TIOT & Second on the 2nd

"He has risen!"  Matt. 28:6


Today, I want to join in with Try It On Tuesday, and also with Elizabeth for her Second on the Second.

So first of all here is my project submission for the Things With Wings over at Try It On Tuesday.

  I had this stamp set out to use because it's name is In Full Bloom which begins with an I and I wanted to use it for our Alpha Challenge on SCS for letter I.  Also, I wanted to use it for the bee for Things With Wings over at Try it on Tuesday!  My inspiration is from 2005! I looked up the stamp set on Pinterest and found a card similar to this which actually linked back to SCS in 2005. :)  The colors are for the Color challenge this week on SCS and the two backgrounds for the Try A New Technique on SCS.  Also, it will be my submission for this month's Fan Club Challenge at SCS, Sprinkles & Sprouts.  Check in over at Try it on Tuesday to see more projects with Things With Wings.




 A close up of the bee, whose wings I covered in Wink of Stella ( a glitter pen).  Also, I spattered ink with an air gun on the white to match the spatters in the stamped image.


I used Nuevo drops on the flower centers.


 Supplies I used, 3 stamp sets:  In Full Bloom, Canvass & Victorian Lace Background stamps, all SU!
Cardstock:  Calypso Coral, Peekaboo Peach, Old Olive, Whisper White, all SU!
Inkpads:  Coral Calypso, Old Olive, Peekaboo Peach, Yoyo Yellow, Memento Rich Cocoa
Markers: assorted
Aqua Pen:  I watercolored the flowers after stamping, using the pen and the ink.



I always forget something:  the Nuvo Crystal drops, Wink of Stella glitter, and then not pictured, because I forgot something else is the air gun for the spritzing with the markers.




Now for the second part of my post, to post one of my posts for a second time, since it is the second.  I tried to choose the same month at least for this one. It is funny, because I mention our daughter's 20th anniversary card I was making.  Now, I must be thinking of making their 25th anniversary card.

So for Elizabeth's Second on the 2nd, here is a replay of  May 21, 2014.

Wednesday, May 21, 2014


WOYWW 259

What is on my workdesk??  I have not been crafting today, so I just took a photo of some cards I have made in the last two weeks, and some stash!  I am sending the anniversary card to my daughter who is celebrating her 20th!  Can't believe it! Some others are for a contest at a stamp show I am attending in July. One is hidden, because it is a surprise. :) Also, there are some papers and some charms I got at Tuesday Mornings, and some foam brushes from Joann's.  Yesterday I made a run to the craft stores! :)  Even if I don't find anything, it is always fun, especially since I was with a friend and we went to lunch too!   I haven't posted in a couple of weeks, because I was out of town.  Came back with a new laptop that is really a laptop!  Before I had one that the screen had stopped working so it was hooked up to a tv. :)  My wonderful grandson programmed my new one for me, so I am good to go!  Although, Windows 8.1 takes some getting used to.  If you want to know why I am even showing you my workspace, hop over to Stamping Ground  for all the details.  And be sure to check back next week for our special anniversary. :)




Now, What's on Your Workdesk?   I am off to visit!  Thank you for your visit and for your kind comments.
Have a wonderful WOYWW!
Original post
Wednesday May 21, 2014

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you liked my project and recycled post!  Have a great week-end!



10 comments:

  1. Wow! I really love this card - the flowers are beautiful - no wonder the bee is hovering over them! Thank you so much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday! The cards you made back in 2014 look great! Hugs, Chrisxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed your art projects-and your second on the 2nd post too-new for me-Happy Second hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sharon, beautiful work from back when and now. Love the new floral/bee piece, so pretty. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous card Sharon. The soft colours shades are lovely and I really like the design. Thank you for sharing this with us for our theme at Try it on Tuesdays.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a long comment, then hit a wrong button and lost the entire entry. I wanted to tell you how impressed I was with your card you made with the beautiful flowers and the bees. I love how you treated the wings of the bees. They are beautiful and so are your flowers. Great card and nice composition.

    I was also impressed with all the cards you made for your second look. I was blown away when you said it was your daughter's 20th anniversary, because I was actually expecting you to write birthday instead. What a milestone. Thanks again for sharing these with us as your second look on the 2nd, and I'm positive it was a first look for me, even though I was playing more often at WOYWW then than I do now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and lovely soft colors. Thank you for joining us at TioT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is just Amazing Sharon !! Love it, the flowers have wonderful colours, and the bees are Gorgeous, love their wings.
    your 2nd on 2nd are absolutely beautiful, so lovely cards !
    I want to thank you very much for joining us at Try it on Tuesday.
    Wish you a very nice day,
    Big hugs, Caty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Sharon.. finally have quiet time to sit and visit blogs. I've been so bad with some of you ladies. Wow, how your crafting space has changed in such a short time but a move will do that hehe. Love the colors on that card. Coloring is beautiful. I don't see how you ladies tie so many challenges into one creation. Just amazes me! Hugs & Creative Blessings! Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the delicate colours on your card. Very pretty. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful card! I love your design, the pretty flowers and bees look amazing 😁. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.