Monday, May 27, 2019

T Stands for Thankful for Sunshine!

"He has risen!"  Matt. 28:6



That is right, we have sunshine!  It was wet when we woke this morning, but by 8:30 we had sunshine, and I even got out and walked!  It hasn't rained since early, early this morning.  But rain is in the forecast for tomorrow!  But at least, our residence is not in danger of flooding.  There is a lot of flooding throughout the area, though.

The good news is that the  rainy days have provided plenty of time for me to spend in my craft room.
I have been going through drawers and purging!  Not to worry; I didn't purge that much, but at least organized a little.  One day, I even, moved a lot of stuff out of my room and put it in our bedroom on the bed.  With some of the stuff out I could see the rest of it easier!  The bad thing about that, was that I  had to move everything back so we could go to bed. LOL  So, not much accomplished except for I got the cabinets wiped down and cleaned before bringing everything back in and stacking again!
Here is a drawer that I have labeled special cardstock.  ???????  And believe it or not the photo is after I purged a few things.  I had to, since I couldn't get the drawer closed.  I was surprised what all was in there.  You can see, I cut up and saved the boxes that our Hawaiian mugs came in. and tea bags I dry and save for tea bag art.  Also, on top you can see Textiva, whatever that is!  I bought that years ago at a stamp show, and I have never opened it or used it! I don't even know what you do with it!  Eek!  The tea elements are for T Stands for Tuesday over at Bleubeard & Elizabeth's Altered Book Lover.  Check it out and see what it is all about.


I take photos for TSFT and forget to show them!  So, today I will have a variety of photos:

 It has been so wet, I think the geese think they are in the water.  They came from the pond across the street and down the hill from us.

I took this on one of my walks earlier in the Spring.


And I couldn't help myself, I had to photograph this in front of one of our neighbors houses.

I will close with this one:
My husband put up the flag with the understanding if it starts raining, I have to take it down.  I lucked out because it has been sunny all day.  My husband even grilled out steaks this afternoon.

I am posting Monday evening, so am wishing my USA friends a nice Memorial Day, as we remember those who fought and died for our freedom.

Happy T Day!Thanks for stopping by!

18 comments:

  1. Cleaning out can be so rewarding. I have never heard of textiva but it sounds interesting. Would love to see what it is used for when you decide to use it. The pictures from your walk are so pretty, especially the trellis with wisteria.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what textiva is either-I wonder if Elizabeth knows? I have never been good at purging my craft room haha I will leave some things behind, and I did sell my big 45" rug loom-which was sad but needed to be done.
    I loved that photo with the sign weeders wanted lol Happy T hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did a bit of cleaning up myself. Mostly so mini-me had a place to work. A big purge and organize session is definitely on the list for summer. Considering I heard we are supposed to have a cooler, rainy summer, I should get several opportunities with wasting a nice day in the basement.
    Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that was quite the purge. Sounds like you at least got something accomplished. I didn't get a walk in, unless you count the fact I walked to my friend Sally's to tell her the Amazon Prime people left two boxes for Sally at my place. Our numbers are nearly the same. Hers is **18 and mine is **38.

    Yes, after the rain all last night and early this morning, I trimmed bushes, pulled weeds, cut or dug up seedlings that didn’t belong in the flower bed, and planted a few bulbs that I should have planted two weeks ago. Had to shower and make a pot of coffee before I sat down to share T, though. Some things you just can’t allow yourself to put off!

    Thanks for sharing your organizational skills and how you have saved both tea bags and tea cardboard with us for T this almost Tuesday.

    Yes, dear Sharon, I found a way to get the required caffeine I needed (grin). I admit I'm truly an addict. Headaches and sweats if I don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder if Textiva is film you iron onto something? I have never heard of it either. Cleaning out is good, even if you don't get rid of much at least you can see what you do have. I did a bit of that today, but only purged out a couple of things. And I love your photos. That wisteria (I think that's what it was) is beautiful on that arbor. Hope it is a happy T day Sharon. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a treat to find art supplies you've forgotten :) That wisteria is gorgeous! It's smart of whoever gave it such a strong frame to grow on. We're having dry sunshine here for a change, and geese are staying close to their ponds lol It's nice to get a break from the rain. Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clearing out is good, and something I need to do badly, but it will have to wait till the weather is too bad for walking! Lovely photos, too. Happy T Day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, i´m thankful for rain, too! esp after the hot and very dry summer we had last year. and like you i make the best of it: rummaging on the attic always brings up treasures i already forgot to have;)
    happy t-day!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's good to clean out sometimes- I know when I do I usually find some things I had forgotten about:):)Our flags were out yesterday on a beautiful day but now it's raining again and we're supposed to get storms. Just so much rain...guess it's time to clean out some drawers again... happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a whole bunch of fusible web too, Sharon. Just like you I've never even opened it. Somebody sure did a good sales job on that product way back when!

    I'm glad your sun is back and hope the floods subside soon.

    Happy T-day! Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, it's great to have a clear-out. I have no idea what textiva is. I suppose you have to google/youtube it and find out. Who knows, you might like it and start using it.
    I'm sorry you have had so much rain. The weather world-wide is gone crazy. We had two weeks of solid rain in Italy, which is unusual.
    The sign asking for a weeder had me smiling.
    Happy T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like you have had fun purging and organising your craft room, maybe you could come and help me with mine ...lol 😉. Looks like spring is with you and the weeder wanted sign made me smile too! Wishing you a very happy T Day! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  13. If you find the secret to getting motivated to tidy a craft desk please give me a clue. I like how you arranged your draw it looks like you have a collection of very interesting items.
    Happy T day wishes.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sharon, I love your pictures and enjoyed reading your post. I have done exactly what you did so many times, it gets ridiculous. As a matter of fact, right now I have a pile on my bed that I scoot to my recliner at night so I can sleep. In the morning after I make up the bed, the pile goes back to my bed for the day so I can use my recliner. One of these days, I'm going to pull the pile apart and find a place for each item. There is another pile that sits in the chair of my vanity. Do you know why? I ran out of drawers! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful photos. The flowers look beautiful. I always enjoy seeing birds. Great flag photo. Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good idea to purge from times to times Sharon! I ´ll need to do it too this summer thought. Those "pensées" flowers are amazing, I like them very much. I hope the weather will change soon and you´ll get hot days, you can send us some rain :) Very Happy T-day (sorry I´m late visiting)
    I wish you a very nice afternoon,
    Big hugs, Caty

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cleaning out brings joy ...lol!
    Pretty pictures of your walks!
    Happy belated T-Day!

    Hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
  18. Would you like to come to my house and organize my craft room? LOL! Maybe we wouldn't get much cleaning up done. No time right now to do any of that.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.