Monday, March 18, 2019

T Stands For Thank you God!

Psalms 37:4-5 "Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.  Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass."

Thank you God for the gorgeous Spring like weather!  I have even been out walking the last two days!  So energizing!  But, I am still, scrapping and crafting, and even played yesterday with my Pan Pastels and created a journal page. I like to think of it as  my technique journal.  I watched several videos and found a cool technique.  First, I stamped with VersaMark, then rubbed the Pastels over the sayings I stamped.  It really worked.  Then I applied paste over stencils.  I also sprayed TH Distress Stains over it all. I stamped another saying on a separate piece of paper then gessoed it on my page, then used some  Faber Castell Gelato on the edges. I colored the suns with gelattos, too.  I added a die cut butterfly that I edged with gold Gelato.  I added a metal button that I colored the sun with an orange Copic.  I had fun  with spray, paste and pastels!  I couldn't believe how you could stamp with VersaMark and not even see what you stamped until after you rubbed the pastels over it.  Pretty neat, like magic!








I should have lain the spray down, because you are just seeing the top.  It is the TH Distress Spray Stain Broken China.


For Elizabeth & Bleubeard over at Altered Booklover, it is T Stands For Tuesday! So for the T Gang I will post my drink.  We went out to eat at Chick N Max, but I didn't have my camera.  I thought their pictures and dรฉcor were kind of neat, so next time I will take my camera.  But here is one photo off their website.  And I brought my drink home so I could get a photo of that.

These pictures on their walls aren't as cool as their chickens dressed in outfits or chicken on wood.  Next time!  Because we will go back.  The chicken sandwiches were good with large piece of fried chicken on them.  I want to go back and try their chicken and waffles!


Also, I am  getting ready to go to a scrap retreat this week-end.  I am taking everything but the kitchen sink! LOL  I am taking my electric teapot, and my large number digital clock that I can see at night!


I am adding things as I think of them.

These aren't fully packed yet.


And there is also a tv tray in basement that I will take to set my laptop on.  And I am taking my camera, iPad, Selphy photo printer, and also a suitcase of clothes!

I found a quote on Riley's stamps online that I love that says;

 " I'm not a craft hoarder.  I'm the curator of an extensive private Craft Supply Collection."  

That describes me!

That is it for this week's Tea Party!  Have a great week, and thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

  1. fun page trying out the new to you techniques. I should use my pan pastels more than I do...
    sounds like a fantastic weekend ahead for you-enjoy, and happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very fun journal page.
    Wow! You certainly are bringing everything but the kitchen sink. How fun that you are going on a retreat. I hope you will be sharing what you make.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great journal page. Have fun at the scrap retreat, you have enough to keep you going for days. I always take a huge bag of tricks to art group each wee, so I have everything I might need! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm back and will play catch-up as best I can. This has been a very trying time being without internet, but I HOPE this has been the cure. I'll explain on Wednesday, because it's too convoluted to explain here.

    Your techniques journal looks fun. Now that I have VersaMark, I will have to try that pan pastel technique. I don't have much luck with pan pastels. They smear before I can seal them. Maybe the VersaMark will take care of that.

    Goodness. You really ARE taking a lot of goodies to the retreat. It sounds like fun, though. I sure hope you take lots of photos (HINT!).

    I've never heard of Chick N Max. I love chicken and waffles, so now I'm really, really hungry (grin). Thanks for sharing your journal page (and tip) and your retreat packing, as well as your drink from Chick N Max with us for T this Tuesday. Have fun this weekend, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful journaling page! must keep the "curator" quote in mind;) i´m curious what you will bring from the retreat. happy t-day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful art journal page. I like all of the positive quotes on it. That restaurant looks like a nice place to eat. Have fun on your retreat. Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its a great page trying out the techniques and a super way to use the VersaMark pad.
    I smiled when I saw the items you were taking to the craft retreat, the pile may get bigger as the trip gets nearer. I hope you have a super time .
    Happy T day wishes.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is a blessing to get weather pretty enough to go outside and enjoy :) I'm glad to leave winter behind. It sounds like you're ready for your retreat. I imagine you'll have much fun and come home inspired :) Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful page! The colours and texture that you created look amazing and I love all the quotes ๐Ÿ˜. I bet your excited about your weekend retreat too and I would begin to think what to pack, I think that Riley stamps quote describes me too ...lol ๐Ÿ˜‰. Have fun and Happy T Day! J ๐Ÿ˜Š x

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! your journal page is magnificent! So much color and texture....just love it.
    Have fun at your retreat, and just FYI I pack the very same way......but I leave the kitchen sink at home.......no cleaning while I'm on retreat LOL! Have a blessed trip.
    Happy T-day

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful page, Sharon! Thanks or sharing so many fun techniques. The pan pastel over stamped versamark ink is really cool.

    Have fun at you scrap retreat! I can't believe all the fun stuff you're hauling along with you! I hope you're driving or taking a bus.

    Happy T-day! Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hubby is driving me, not very far, and then helping me unpack! LOL

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.