Monday, March 11, 2019

T Stands For Day 11 sm

Psalms 37:4-5 "Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.  Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass."


This is day 11 of Calvinball 2019!  So I am still scrapping away.  I also am doing layouts for March Madness VSBN (Virtual Scrapbook Night) on SplitcoastStampers.  I have gotten 12 layouts done so far, and also have done several cards for the Mini VSN (Virtual Stamp Night) on SplitcoastStampers.

On My scrap layout I stamped the title with Stamping Up Bold Line Alpha stamps and then punched out with the SU! banner punch.  I colored in the letters with Distress marker Mermaid Lagoon, then strung them on Washi tape.  I stamped the owls  on the same polka dot paper that I used on the page, with Stamping Up Punch Bunch stamp set,  and punched with the owl punch.  I also punched out black eyes and put on amber rhinestones on them.  I added punched hearts, and a star and backed my photos with black.  These are photos from 1990;  I have a whole box yet of 1990 photos!



I used the Rolling Marble Technique for the background of the card.  I put drops of re-inker in a plastic container that has a lid.  Then I put  5 marbles in and rolled them around to get ink on them.
Then I put a little adhesive on some cardstock and put it in the bottom of the container.  Then put the lid on, and then rolled the marbles back and forth over the cardstock.  I used Pistachio Pudding and Bermuda Bay.  They weren't different enough, so looks one color.
So that is my background!  Then I stamped in Pistachio Pudding this silhouette girl from SU! Easter Blossoms stamp set.  Then added ribbon and enamel dots.



These are my projects; now is time for the part of the post that is for T Stands For Tuesday over at Altered Book Lover.  I am trying to drink more water.  I find that if I put it in a bottle I can at least know if I drank 16 ounces!  If I start early enough, I can get to bottles drank.  Thanks for stopping by.  Happy T Day!





16 comments:

  1. I'm having trouble keeping my internet going tonight, so sorry if I am brief. You are certainly filling your time with stamping and scrapping projects this week, Sharon. I'm super impressed and want to come play in your craft space. You created a couple of great pieces, too. I love that marble background.

    Good for you on drinking water. I wish I could get in the habit, but I'm not as disciplined as you. Thanks for making this an art filled T this Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful artwork. Have a great week, happy T Day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the layout for your page and the way you used the photographs in the middle so they stand out.

    A very beautiful card with a great colour choice for the stamping.

    I have to put water into a bottle to be sure to drink it. I wonder why that it? I am not a fan of drinking water at all but my doc says I need to drink a lot more.

    Have a great T Day

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun to go back and scrap all those old photos. I have a bunch too and maybe one of these years I will do that. They are way more interesting that way. I love the card too. Have a wonderful T day Sharon. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. good morning, great cards and thank you for the how to's love the backgrounds
    Happy T hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely artwork. The owls are adorable. Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice layout and card. I always start the day with a large bottle of water to keep account of my daily water intake. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. pistachio pudding... smiles, what a great name! well, spring makes a chilly interruption currently here. happy t-day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got a kick out of your night owls lol That sounds like a good way to track water intake :) Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous pages! It's such great way to capture memories and I love the idea of using marbles and ink to create the background, such fun 😁. Thanks for the inspiration and wishing you a happy T Day! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic pages, its good to use photos in this way to store memories. The card looked so pretty as well its a beautiful image you used.
    Happy T day wishes.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun technique that you shared. I have never heard of the rolling marble technique but it sounds simple and is very effective. Your card turned out beautifully. Glad to hear that you are still plugging away at your daily challenge. Your layout is looking good!
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the colors you chose and the owls are so cute. I never heard of the rolling marble technique. Sounds quite fun. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, Sharon, you're on a roll. I love how much you've accomplished with all the challenges. Challenges motivate me too, but I usually fall short ;-( I love how your did the owls with glowing eyes!

    The rolling marble technique looks great and sounds like fun.

    Happy T-day! Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very brave of you to tackle the 1990 box of photos. But many great memories I'm sure. Lovely page and a novel technique with the marbles.
    Happy (belated) T-Day,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  16. It must be a good feeling to be scrapping those photos! Marble rolling has made a great background! Love that sweet card too! Belated Happy T Day! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.