Wednesday, January 24, 2018

My 2018 Calendars & WOYWW 451

Ps. 90:12 "So teach us to number our days,
that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom."


Ok, I think this is a first for me to do posts two days in a row! And it is only my third post of 2018!  Good afternoon everyone!  Let's see I have been to the gym, played pickle ball and in a few minutes headed to the dentist!  Busy day for us retired people! LOL

Before January ends I wanted to post a photo of my gift calendars for 2018.  A dear SplitcoastStamper friend does the monthly grid with the numbers for me.  She then mails me a copy and I make copies on cardstock, and then stamp every month, fifteen times to make 15 sets.  I love stamping them, and even just choosing what I am going to stamp on each month.  So fun, and even more fun now that I have a Misti!  So here they are:



And on my desk this week, I am showing you my leftover bin on the left from where I put dies, or leftover card stock from other projects.   I pull stuff from that bin  to make another card, before  I cut up more stuff!  In the middle a scrap page I am working on from the 80s.  And on the right is two things that came in the mail around Christmas time. I won the Scor-Pal Buddie  as a prize for taking part in the Falliday Fest Challenges on SplitcoastStampers in November.   Also, shown are the Christmas tags I won off of donidoodle's Blog, Lime Green Giggles!  Fun!


I should show at least one creation that I have done, so here is my DD's birthday card that I made for her:


I paper pieced the vases from the SU! stamp Vivid Vases to make this gate fold card.  I  Love this SU! retired DSP, Blueberry Crisp.  I used Crumb Cake and Marina Mist cardstock , also from SU!  Also used MFT  Die-namics pierced squares dies.

  I am linking up with Julia's What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday post.  Stop by and see some more crafting bloggers!

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope to come see you, after my dentist appointment!


10 comments:

  1. Hello Sharon. Love the calendars, gift tags and the gorgeous card for your daughter. A great idea - the leftover bin and then taking out bits to make another card. I ought to do more of that. I remember those papers on your daughter's card. I might still have some :-) Anne x #21

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the calendar, what a great friend you have to send you the dates like that. Good idea and what fun to decorate each month.
    DD's card is lovely, she will adore it.
    Congrats on the wins!
    Hugs 7 Thanks for visiting me whilst I was sleeping x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Evening Sharon. I was only thinking of you this morning... and here you are this evening! Brilliant... What lovely calendar pages. I'm sure folk will really be enjoying them. That card for your daughter is lovely - well done. Like the idea of your leftover bin!
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #4

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sharon, Love the card, and those calendar pages. Awesome. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #8 XxX

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Sharon, the calendar looks great. I love the card you made for your dd too! :) ~Stacy #32

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the calendar gifts you made...brilliant idea! and what a gorgeous birthday card! I am a terrible stamper, your work looks so crisp and lovely. I'm a messy, kind of 'anything goes' type of crafter. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. nice to meet you too! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such happy mail, dd=dear daughter??happy WOYWW,Vicky#9

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sharon. Loving the calendar and what a great card too. Happy belated woyww, Angela x17x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sharon; that calendar is such a great idea and a fantastic gift. Thank goodness for stamp platforms! Love the paper piecing on the card too. Have a good week. Sarah #18

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your calendars are fabulous! Love the card and the colors/dp you used for it. Congrats on the ScorPal prize.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.