Wednesday, August 9, 2017

DTGD Cards for 2017 & WOYWW 427


Joshua 1:9 "Have not I commanded thee?  Be strong and of a good courage:  be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed:  for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest."



I am home again for a short time! Just spent a couple of weeks of staying with my teenage grandchildren while our daughter and husband were on a missions trip to Germany.    I thought I would show you the 35 cards that I with  help from my Granddaughter did last week for the Dare To Get Dirty Challenges on SplitcoastStampers.

Some of the challenges were technique challenges, some sketch, some color, just a variety of challenges.  Now I have my stash built up again for birthdays, praying for you, and even anniversary cards. All these cards were made with items I took to my daughter's with me in a suitcase on a plane.  I took no tools, stamps, or inkpads.  I just took, pre folded bases, pre embossed panels, pre made technique panels, precut die cuts, and some embellishments. I just hoped I would have what I needed to meet the challenge.  Again, I didn't know what the challenge would be!  For a couple of the challenges, we used granddaughter's school paints. It really felt good to be using stash!  I should try this more often!

Our granddaughter, when she had time would take a break from all her activities and we would work together to do a challenge.  Then during the day I would show her my idea and ask advice between her music lessons, practice and home school work.  She really had a lot of good  input,  on five of these cards in particular and I left those with her to use. Particularly the drippy paint one!  She named it Icing on the Cake!


Thanks for stopping by!  So glad I could share with you!  Now to get ready to go to a 4 day Scrap Retreat tomorrow!
     Be sure and check out Stamping Ground to see more deskers!   Happy WOYWW!

11 comments:

  1. Another desker with a huge creative output!! love the cards. Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy busy desk time for you this week, obviously. :) So nice for both you and your granddaughter to have some special creative time together.
    Happy WOYWW!
    Rose of Rose’s Art Garden #8

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sharon, gorgeous cards. sounds like you had some real quality time with the grandkids too. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #4 XxX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy WOYWW and thank you for your visit to my blog earlier. You and your granddaughter have made a gorgeous selection of cards. Ali x #32

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, great cards, especially given your constraints. You and your granddaughter did a fantastic job. Very creative. Sarah #25

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards...Stunning creations Love them... Creating memories with the Grandchildren is always happy time... Take Care... May #17

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome stash of cards! And such a nice talented Grand daughter! I too had a great time on holidays with a limited amount of supplies, gets you thinking! Thanks for sharing! Lindart #30

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You and your granddaughter did such a fabulous job. They all look so wonderful and to think - no stamps. Really creative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maggie. I had a clambox full of stamped and colored images if I needed them.

      Delete
  9. This week I start visiting last weeks WOYWW
    before I make my own post for this week.

    So many wonderful cards!
    And I love hearing about you sharing quality time with your
    granddaughter.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are amazing! I don't know how you do it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.