Wednesday, April 5, 2017

4th Anniversary of my Blog & WOYWW #409

Joshua 1:9 "Have not I commanded thee?  Be strong and of a good courage:  be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed:  for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest."


Good afternoon!  On this exact date four years ago, I did my first Blog post!  So, I am celebrating 4 years of blogging today!  Also, I am joining in the fun over at Julias Stamping Ground for What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday.  So fun to meet bloggers from all over the world as we show our workspace and projects.  Check it out, even join us!

So, last week-end I was busy with  April Fools Virtual Stamp Night (VSN) on SplitcoastStampers.  It was a whirlwind week-end of  15 challenges, and several new techniques, like Fool Proof Water coloring with baby wipes! LOL  I thought I would show a photo of all my cards I made over the week-end. 


The card in front of the House Mouse card was a fun card to make; it is called a Gate Fold Latch card.  The far left front card was another fun technique: Magic Card.  You stamp your image on vellum and stamp and color on white cs, lining it up perfectly.  Then when you put it together you put a piece of cs with a pull on it, between the two stamped images.  So when you look at it you see only  a B&W image before pulling the tab to reveal the colored image.  It is magic! :)
The top middle card was the watercolor with the baby wipes!  You apply your ink with baby wipes, and it makes a great color for your background.  When I  stamped my  image, I used the baby wipe on it after stamping.  It gives a water color look.  So, I got quite a few birthday cards done this week-end along with one Christmas card, and a get well card, and a To Do List project! :)

Thanks for stopping by and for your encouraging comments.  Hope to stop by and see those of you who have blogs. 

10 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon, smashing batch of cards you made, so many techniques! Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #6 Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your blog anniversary! Wow you did have a busy weekend. So many cards! I especially like the penguin cards as I am rather fond of penguins.

    Happy WOYWW
    Sharon K #34

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed at how many gorgeous cards you made in a weekend, and they're all completely different too. I really like that Bible verse, which is a great reminder of His love for us. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great cards! happy blogaversary. Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Blogiversary! I checked out your first blog - awesome card! And now you have quite a nice pile of cards to send off to lucky friends and family over the year! Thank you for sharing, Lindart #38

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great batch of cards; very productive for only one weekend. So nice to see the varied techniques. Sarah #4

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh I am so impressed with how many of the challenges you have gotten done for VSN Sharon and thanks for taking that time to host one of them. :) ~Stacy #39

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Sharon, what great cards you made! I didn't get through as many of them as you did but I always have fun and VSN will come around again in 3 months or so. Congrats on your 4th anniversary! Creative Blessings! Kelly #44

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sharon, you are so amazing. You came up with some fabulous cards and I know it takes talent to get them done in such a short amount of time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on such an amazing milestone - here's to many, many more years of crafty inspiration and creations. It's always amazing looking back at what we've created over the years, and it looks like you've created a whole lot of loveliness! Cheers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.